Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So for us poor saps with late reservations, does anyone know when the 22my will start shipping?
SAC might have surmised mid-JAN 22
Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious what he plans on doing with 3 Broncos. Bragging about hoarding for profit seems a bit offcolor on this forum.
Forum rules require that posters be able to read and comprehend another's post prior to their posting. But then again, if you could read and comprehend, there would be no post. Where exactly in my post do I "brag" about "hoarding for profit". Posting constructive, thoughtful comments would be greatly appreciated.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The chance of getting a 21MY if reserved in October is zero. Heck, at this point it could very well be a 23MY.
I think you will very happily surprised in May.

With people delaying reservations to get a '22 and drop offs, late availability items, and a reality check when they don't get anywhere near a 70% conversion rate. I forecast you will see quite a few October reservations built as 2021's, but that strong possibility aside, I predict right at a zero percent chance anyone is unwillingly pushed beyond a '22MY. (Summer '22 is my prediction for them to be completely caught up and then some)

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many total reservations do you have and how many Broncos are you buying? Your post reads like between 3-5.
Yes, and as clearly stated in my post, two 7/14 reservations and one October reservation does = 3-5 total. Yes, I plan to buy two 7/14 Broncs, and one Oct = 3-5 Broncs. Why so many? I currently own, lease, or am paying on 7 vehicles. Some of these will need replaced, hence 3 outgoing vehicles, and 3 Broncs incoming.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

C6A2923E-A1E6-44C1-BCA2-189C0FAABF09.jpeg

Somehow mine now shows the 14th. Add this to the list of frustration associated with this entire process.
Donā€™t sweat this. Itā€™s well documented on this forum that many peopleā€™s displayed reservation date is after their actual reservation date.

Theories range from UTC time coding to credit card processing stuff.

Either way, your reservation is linked on Fordā€™s end to your actual reservation time stamp... so you have nothing to worry about.

If you are still worried, you can call Ford and they can pull your reservation up and and confirm they have the correct date/time listed.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford so are all FE going to be delayed due to the ā€œdeadly sixā€ options? I got an email saying FE orders will be taken first but if they wont be built?

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, and as clearly stated in my post, two 7/14 reservations and one October reservation does = 3-5 total. Yes, I plan to buy two 7/14 Broncs, and one Oct = 3-5 Broncs. Why so many? I currently own, lease, or am paying on 7 vehicles. Some of these will need replaced, hence 3 outgoing vehicles, and 3 Broncs incoming.
So 3 of your 7 vehicles will be broncos? Man if you're buying 3 for personal use more power to you.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford so are all FE going to be delayed due to the ā€œdeadly sixā€ options? I got an email saying FE orders will be taken first but if they wont be built?
We have only been informed of the Black Leather FE being delayed, but there is an email that does mention the Black Modular top as well....

Sponsored

BTEC

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you! Excited to work with you Albert, Zack, Jaime at Granger.​

mrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 Lariat; 2016 RAM; 2022 Black Diamond SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you arenā€™t doing your job correctly. I donā€™t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that weā€™re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and Iā€™m sure that is one everyoneā€™s mind is ā€œWHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

1610733034518.png

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, ā€œover 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to salesā€
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more ā€œhigh demandā€ and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isnā€™t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
1610733088684.png
  • Dealer Allocation ā€“ Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Fordā€™s initial allocation is based upon Fordā€™s best ā€œguessā€ on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints ā€“ This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation to be scheduled as 21 MY Broncos. Regardless of where you stand, I hope to have provided enough information to provide you the ability to make the determination and decision for yourself based upon the data.

In conclusion, the uniqueness and customization of the Bronco is one of the reasons that customers are drawn to the car. You can make it uniquely yours and like no other Bronco on the road. Just as unique is the motivation that everyone has to purchase their Bronco. Some want to be the soonest. Some want to make sure they get exactly what they want without compromise regardless of timing. Yet others want to find the best deal out there. This is a good talking point with your dealership of choice and Iā€™m sure they will work with you to make sure you are taken care of properly.

For our customers we really appreciate you choosing us. As we have always been we want to be as customer centered as possible. It would be foolish of me to guarantee anything that I cannot stand behind. We will commit to working with every customer based upon their motivation to purchase as best as possible. We are excited for the ride and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

-Zach
Thank you Zach & Albert for the constant flow of accurate information. It demonstrates real respect for your customers. I am concerned about the recent posts from people talking about moving their early reservations to Granger. It feels like a lot of your loyal customers, like your Colorado Group, are going to get pushed out of 2021. Not your fault- you are in the business of selling vehicles, and when you do it right, the customers show up!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The First Edition models will be selected like a Shelby or Raptor, which is different than normal scheduling based upon commodities. I'm sure Ford has allocated 7,000 Sasquatch, 2.7, etc commodities for the FE. I believe that inpart, is why the Sasquatch, wildtrack option will be harder to come by. If they are building 70,000 21MY Broncos and 7,000 are FEs and they assumed that commodity would have a 25% take rate, that leaves only 10,500 to spread out among the other 63,000 orders.

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
First let me say I tried looking around for the answer but I'm a Momo who has never bought a new car much less out of state, But lets say for some reason I get my Granger Bronco delivered to me and something silly happens like the radio is not working, would my local dealership take care of this? That's how warranties work right?
Sponsored