Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First let me say I tried looking around for the answer but I'm a Momo who has never bought a new car much less out of state, But lets say for some reason I get my Granger Bronco delivered to me and something silly happens like the radio is not working, would my local dealership take care of this? That's how warranties work right?
Correct, your warranty is provided by Ford motor company not the selling dealership.
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Granger Ford so are all FE going to be delayed due to the “deadly six” options? I got an email saying FE orders will be taken first but if they wont be built?
Ford has pretty much already said all FEs will be delivered MY21. Some would be later if they choose mod black painted tops or all black leather but that seemed like the only real late availability options that will delay them.

I suspect Ford wants their First Editions on the road asap

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you Zach & Albert for the constant flow of accurate information. It demonstrates real respect for your customers. I am concerned about the recent posts from people talking about moving their early reservations to Granger. It feels like a lot of your loyal customers, like your Colorado Group, are going to get pushed out of 2021. Not your fault- you are in the business of selling vehicles, and when you do it right, the customers show up!

It is a good problem to have certainly. In regards to pushing people back, I'm not sure that we know the answer to that yet. Our reservation/cancellation list is going to be quite fluid over the next couple months I'm sure. For every transfer we'll have someone who wants a 22MY, cancels or transfers. Way too early to see how it all shakes out.

What we hope for is everyone cancels at other dealers and/or transfers to our dealership. That would help our allocation. :)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford so are all FE going to be delayed due to the “deadly six” options? I got an email saying FE orders will be taken first but if they wont be built?
We understand that the 2.7 and Sasquatch suspension is on the FE's the only delay items are the Black Leather and Black Modular top...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What we hope for is everyone cancels at other dealers and/or transfers to our dealership. That would help our allocation. :)

Come on Zach we have plenty to call right now however you are technically correct :cool: ...

Sponsored

cpsport22

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Equus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gr
First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you aren’t doing your job correctly. I don’t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that we’re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and I’m sure that is one everyone’s mind is “WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

1610733034518.png

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, “over 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales”
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more “high demand” and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isn’t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
1610733088684.png
  • Dealer Allocation – Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Ford’s initial allocation is based upon Ford’s best “guess” on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints – This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation to be scheduled as 21 MY Broncos. Regardless of where you stand, I hope to have provided enough information to provide you the ability to make the determination and decision for yourself based upon the data.

In conclusion, the uniqueness and customization of the Bronco is one of the reasons that customers are drawn to the car. You can make it uniquely yours and like no other Bronco on the road. Just as unique is the motivation that everyone has to purchase their Bronco. Some want to be the soonest. Some want to make sure they get exactly what they want without compromise regardless of timing. Yet others want to find the best deal out there. This is a good talking point with your dealership of choice and I’m sure they will work with you to make sure you are taken care of properly.

For our customers we really appreciate you choosing us. As we have always been we want to be as customer centered as possible. It would be foolish of me to guarantee anything that I cannot stand behind. We will commit to working with every customer based upon their motivation to purchase as best as possible. We are excited for the ride and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

-Zach
Great explanation Zach. Appreciate the break down of information.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's my understanding everything should be converted and then orders that aren't picked up will be converted to 22my and updates can be made. I think Ford is working through the logistics.

Is this correct?

Ford sent out something saying that if you want options not being offered for MY21 such as MT/Sasquatch, body colored top, etc...

You should NOT place an order for a MY21 and wait to place an order for a MY22.

Here’s the thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jan-16-dealer-faq-email-provides-more-answers.11234/#post-408805

Since I know I am mostly likely going to get and want a MY22. I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this correct?

I’ll have to search to find the post but, Ford sent out something saying that if you want options not being offered for MY21 such as MT/Sasquatch, body colored top, etc...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/jan-16-dealer-faq-email-provides-more-answers.11234/#post-408805

Since I know I am mostly likely going to get and want a MY22. I just want to make sure we are on the same page.
Thats correct. They didn't release this at the point I made my comment. If you want a 22my option don't convert yet. But if you want the opportunity at a 21my then convert and if it doesn't get scheduled then you'll move to a 22my

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this correct?

Ford sent out something saying that if you want options not being offered for MY21 such as MT/Sasquatch, body colored top, etc...

Here’s the thread

Similar language to the late arrivals was in the email Mama Ford sent. There is also some language to that in Zach's "thank you" email and some slightly different wording in the SAC Offer thread, and a touch different about the same info on @XCR440 's information email on 16-JAN.

AvalonBeach71

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok question. Is there any advantage to going i tomorrow to cover vs early March?? Just buys me more time to wait and see. Thoughts?

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order
Ok question. Is there any advantage to going i tomorrow to cover vs early March?? Just buys me more time to wait and see. Thoughts?
No advantage with Granger, but if you know for sure what you want, doesn't hurt to get it over with.

With other dealers, not so sure. Seems some of them are doing all kinds of funky stuff to get preferred clients in their allocation.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know how many allocations Granger got for MY21? And what percent of their MY21 reservation conversions would those allocations fulfill?