Where are the 2-doors???

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
My theory: Sales/Marketing is usually a game of catch-up. Trying to catch-up to your going-in projections & business model. 2-door demand has likely already blown past that...so by definition the 4-door lags.

OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Clubs

My theory: Sales/Marketing is usually a game of catch-up. Trying to catch-up to your going-in projections & business model. 2-door demand has likely already blown past that...so by definition the 4-door lags.
I get that, but I haven't seen a single 2-door on the showroom circuit. Was told by BN guy that they were supposed to have them.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
Clubs

My dealer said they were getting a 2 and 4 door for their event, and then emailed back a few days later that it will just be two 4 doors.

They obviously have some produced, but maybe they are holding back on the parts they have for actual customer production since they were off in their estimates? 🤷‍♂️

Also suspect they are trying to drive additional 4 door orders to get closer to the balance they estimated.

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
Two seen today were from Cleveland event were both 4 doors, soft tops. After here they're heading to WV

Toccoa

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
These are all preproduction models that were already built. Production rarity wouldn’t matter. My theory is it has something to do with the hardtop. Notice how they are all soft-tops. Also notice how the 2DRs that have been running around recently, do so with those gross aftermarket tops. Something is up with the hardtop. That’s my theory. 🧐

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
I just returned from the event in Pgh and the one local dealer attending told me he is getting a 2-door in for dealer stock around May 8. He also said that it will probably be sold by then.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
There are as many 2-door Broncos running around out there as there are 2-door Jeeps on car lots. Next to none. (I just checked the dealers around me and a few in Sacramento and they had 0 2-dr Jeeps to buy....all 4 doors)

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner
Clubs

I think they have mostly 4 doors bc their team of ppl going out are at least 4-5 ppl plus their stuff. The team today was 4 ppl. Then they had tents, laptops, small guard rail things.

kje22kje

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
These are all preproduction models that were already built. Production rarity wouldn’t matter. My theory is it has something to do with the hardtop. Notice how they are all soft-tops. Also notice how the 2DRs that have been running around recently, do so with those gross aftermarket tops. Something is up with the hardtop. That’s my theory. 🧐
Had a similar thought as these dealer events have been going on.

Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5
They likely didn't correctly anticipate the popularity of the 2-door. Jeeps 2-door sales account for less than 10% of all Wranglers. Ford likely ran with that figure and got caught short.

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads Banner 1

Advertisement