broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SEMA is here and yet it doesn’t seem that the aftermarket companies have been doing much in term of roof racks?

MY22 is around the corner and anyone like me getting a Badlands 4D 2.7 is screwed with 0 option, impossible to purchase from the factory and nothing from the aftermarket. I bought the bronco as an overland vehicle but not able to put anything on the roof so far is frustrating
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And no trail sight inserts? craziness

Sponsored

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a 2021 Suburban a year ago for my wife and Thule and Yakima still do not have any rack that can go on that/Tahoe or Escalade. I feel the pain (and it's crazy those companies haven't made anything yet)

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need a rack for a 4dr Wildtrak as well. I don't see all the rack part in accessories but it was posted earlier as quite expensive. I don't expect after market to solve the rack to frame parts. We'll need to buckle up and buy them from Ford. Just tell them you have a 4dr base

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know others have said it, I really want to see that rack developed for the back clamshell. That way I could take the front three panels off and still have a cargo box on the back for gear (I also don't have a Bronco yet soooo maybe in '23?)

johnd2876

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know others have said it, I really want to see that rack developed for the back clamshell. That way I could take the front three panels off and still have a cargo box on the back for gear (I also don't have a Bronco yet soooo maybe in '23?)
I spoke with someone at rack tec yesterday. They have an option that mounts to the back roof panel (4 drill holes) you'll be able to take off front and middle roof panels.
https://racktec.co/tanto-series-ford-bronco-4-door-2021.html

not crazy about the idea of drilling into the roof, but don't see many options yet.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is in the accessories catalog already.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm shocked no one has developed a rack for the soft tops either. I reached out to Ryan Kenelly to see if 4WP was going to manufacture the one that was on their first video of new products and he thought not any time soon. I also reached out to Leitner designs as their racks are light weight aluminum and they also told me not in the future plans. Kinda bummed about it.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So on top of all this, the Yakima platform rack - size B does not fit on the factory roof rack directly as shown in the accessories catalog. I can give more details if needed, but you will need either a Yakima crossbar, because we do not have movable crossbars, or Yakima towers for it. If we had movable crossbars, then it would be easy.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on top of all this, the Yakima platform rack - size B does not fit on the factory roof rack directly as shown in the accessories catalog. I can give more details if needed, but you will need either a Yakima crossbar, because we do not have movable crossbars, or Yakima towers for it. If we had movable crossbars, then it would be easy.
It won't fit if you move the middle crossbar to the front?
Sponsored