Sponsored

Where can I get a rear black bronco badge?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very simple, PlastiDip, dental floss, acetone wipes, and 3M Automotive adhesive tape.
I used the floss to wiggle behind the emblem and remove existing adhesive. The bronco came off in less than a minute. Then stripped the rest of the existing adhesive from the emblem and the tailgate using the acetone wipes and my fingers. Then sprayed the emblem with 3 coats of Black PlastiDip, dried it overnight, and used the 3M adhesive to stick her back on.
Why wouldn't you just leave it on if you use Plastidip? Seems very unnecessary to remove it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OE are on backorder right now until mid late month.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why wouldn't you just leave it on if you use Plastidip? Seems very unnecessary to remove it.
Yep. Plastidip is so easy to remove I just taped off around the emblem the best I could, sprayed it a few times (leaving time between coats), then peeled off the overspray around it. Done!

Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where can I get one? Pic for attention, it is on back order at the dealer.

Ford Bronco Where can I get a rear black bronco badge? D1B8EE3D-768E-458C-88D8-A28CDECC7B3A
Bought one on clearance from the dealer. Was picking up some other items and saw it behind the counter guess they ordered it to add to another Bronco but that sold before they could add it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, use fishing string. Work it behind the emblem then saw it back and forth while slightly pulling down. Remove glue left on vehicle, then reinstall with 3M double sided tape.
[/QUOT

How did you remove and paint it? Was it difficult to do?
You can also use a hair dryer to soften the sticky stuff before you start if you want.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the entire vehicle ceramic coated, THEN I realized the badge was also coated, spent 2 hrs with 220 sandpaper to remove the coating. then another couple of hours masking everything off.
I used black flat matte auto paint from Home Depot. 3 thin coats, removed masking, came out beautiful. I am a carver, so I am very patient about doing projects. Makes a big difference black against cyber orange contrast. I had read on this forum that the plastic coat may wear down. since I am not doing this again, i took my time with the auto paint. came out just like the above pictures.

LOVE MY BRONCO, not the soft top-- waiting for the modular hard top to see what that looks like. saw MIC tops, not gonna go that route and take a chance. Or maybe aftermarket when something decent comes out. Bummer though can't put my backup light on a soft top.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Easier for me to just pull off the emblem. Of course you are welcome to do whatever seems easiest to you.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOVE MY BRONCO, not the soft top-- waiting for the modular hard top to see what that looks like. saw MIC tops, not gonna go that route and take a chance. Or maybe aftermarket when something decent comes out. Bummer though can't put my backup light on a soft top.
How would you mount them to a hard top?

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How would you mount them to a hard top?
Ridgid backup lights come with a mount which attaches to the hardtop (screwed in)
you can angle and set the lights accordingly. It's a complete kit.
all I need is the modular hardtop and I am all set.
I never plan on removing the cap, so I don't see any problems. Otherwise, a disconnect has to be installed

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 1974 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a matte black one from BFNTruckShop that I ordered and am not going to use. I ended up going with the one from Bad Bronco. Just looking to get what I paid, $65.
Sponsored