Sponsored

where do you expect the new bronco to rank in the popular offroad vehicle heigharchy?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! Call me crazy but I plan on getting a Bronco in part to AVOID snow plowing... isn't that part of the fun?

But in all seriousness I am not sure who is truly expecting or demanding a snow plow package on a Bronco. I may be way out of touch here but if you have a large enough property you are doing this with a tractor or a skidder (my preferred method), if you have a small property with no heavy equipment you are doing it with a shovel and/or blower, and if you are running a business it sure as hell wont be using the Bronco as the workhorse...

Once you plow snow with a skidder, using a truck feels like using a computer without a mouse....

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

…………… I am Ford's customer for this vehicle, but I will be looking elsewhere. IFS is a deal breaker for me!

I am Ford's customer as well. It will be nice to finally have something to replace my not so off road 4WD Explorer. If it comes sway bar disconnects, lockers, 37's and a model for the climber guys (as has been reported here), then I think you should wait to see it because it might just turn out to be badass not some twiggy IFS of old. We have already seen a change from the twiggy aluminum a-arms on the first 4-door to the beefier steel ones on the "bomber" that look like Ranger arms. so we might see an even beefier version for the 37's and "climber" version. This coming from a SFA guy (me) ……… but if they are willing to build it then I am willing to abuse it.

....................... and if the IFS sucks then its just a torch and welder away from getting a SFA conversion.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just like I see guys all the time towing a backhoe with an F-150. People are just crazy anymore, but the thing that makes me mad are when those same people will then say "oh, them trucks are junk" . Should say, " well ,even though I beat the shit out of it, it held up quite well".

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure about off-roadiness .. but if you can get the Bronco with the 2.7EB it will be so much more fun to drive than anything on that list no one will care.

Reactions: Jdc
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davenport-insurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really doesn't matter. The fact that Ford comes out with all this hype about a Jeep competitor and then comes out with a product that can't possibly compete due to a substandard off road frontend setup is maddening! Then I see comments about how this vehicle will compete with Jeep sales! Sales? Of course it matters but what good is a Bradley tank with no guns?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It really doesn't matter. The fact that Ford comes out with all this hype about a Jeep competitor and then comes out with a product that can't possibly compete due to a substandard off road frontend setup is maddening! Then I see comments about how this vehicle will compete with Jeep sales! Sales? Of course it matters but what good is a Bradley tank with no guns?
Please never use the Bradley Fighting Vehicle (which is not a tank) as an example for how something ought to be designed ...

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please never use the Bradley Fighting Vehicle (which is not a tank) as an example for how something ought to be designed ...
You’re making me want to watch that movie again....