Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 'vehicle under a sheet' images in those slides are just symbols = "vehicle goes here". I don't expect the "mustang inspired electric" to remotely be that shape either.
In case you haven’t seen it yet, it will look like this:
Sponsored

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 'vehicle under a sheet' images in those slides are just symbols = "vehicle goes here". I don't expect the "mustang inspired electric" to remotely be that shape either.
:crackup: you are right, I've just seen it now. That's it, I got so much hyped up about the Bronco that I've got a reeeaaaallly narrow tunnel vision (I guess this is the correct expression) so that I could only focus my eyes on the off-road patch of that poster, I didn't even bother to have a glimpse over the street performance section. :cwl:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it interesting that they have the Baby Bronco so far forward on the scale. I know its not going to be anything too serious. That they seem to be marketing it as a capable, and off-road oriented is promising that it wont be something that drags or waters down the Bronco name. I'm hoping it's more like the Cherokee ( or even better ) and less like the Compass. I'm sure I'm reading too far into this but that's what I'm here for.

I'm glad to see the Bronco falls under the Edge in terms of size.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it interesting that they have the Baby Bronco so far forward on the scale. I know its not going to be anything too serious. ...
My initial reaction was to have the same concern. We know the baby is supposed to be built on the same unibody fully independent platform as the Escape, which in its current form hardly inspires off road confidence -- and that picture would potentially imply the Bronco was only slightly more "rugged" than that. Along those same lines, the new three row, low slung, unibody, fully independent Explorer is placed in the middle of their "ruggedness" scale -- that seems like setting the bar really low.

We can only hope the scaling has no quantitative value whatsoever, and is filled that way just so there isn't a giant void between the Bronco and everything else for chart visual design purposes ...

...I'm glad to see the Bronco falls under the Edge in terms of size.
I saw that too and was a little surprised at first. It definitely seems to have been purposely positioned as smaller than an Edge in the chart. The overall physical dimensions seem to make that probable:

The Edge is:
  • 112" wheelbase
  • 188" overall length
  • 69" tall
  • 76" wide
  • 4060lb AWD curb weight
  • 3500lb max towing
The Everest is:

• 112" wheelbase
  • 196" overall length
  • 72" tall
  • 73" wide
  • 5170lb curb weight
  • 6500lb max towing

OP
OP
78CreamBrownie

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Baby Bronco is expected to go head to head against the Jeep Renegade. It's Ford's entry level mini SUV/crossover "off road" segment.

I see the Bronco as a new off road Silo and not models shoved into Ford's current line up. The more and more I learn about the Bronco and Ford's vision the Bronco looks to be a brand to compete head to head with Jeep. If the Jeep Gladiator becomes a huge hit for Jeep, don't discount something like a Ranger Raptor being pulled into this new Off Road Silo.
Sponsored