Sponsored

Where / How to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack?

Tunnaman88

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue/Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when they install the factory roof rack they use the factory accessory ports, so where would the bracket for the light bar go and how to access the wiring ? Are there photos out there?
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

when they install the factory roof rack they use the factory accessory ports, so where would the bracket for the light bar go and how to access the wiring ? Are there photos out there?
I had this thought last night actually - my assumption... and I don't love this... is that they would stack somehow? I imagine light bar ontop of the roof rack. Ford might not make brackets for this, but you could likely make them yourself.

If you have AUX switches you have pre-ran wire up there that you need to drill a hole to access. This, I imagine, would not be interrupted by the roof rack. Just do it first, then install both items

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed a 40 inch Rigid off of my roof rack. I made my bracket use 1/4" flat bar and mounted to the top of the roof rack. Had to buy a longer bolt 2 each. I did not use the stock wiring very small compared to the size of the wire that came with the light bar, this was the most work running the new wire. Drilled a hole under the roof rack mounting point for the wiring, sealed it with silicon. The nice thing is the roof right were the wire comes out has a notch in the weather stripping for the wire to lay and not deform the weather stripping.

"Remember opinions are like asshole every one has one." Ancient Chinese Proverb.
Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? thumbnail
Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? thumbnail (2)
Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? thumbnail (1)
Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? 20211015_171819

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed a 40 inch Rigid off of my roof rack. I made my bracket use 1/4" flat bar and mounted to the top of the roof rack. Had to buy a longer bolt 2 each. I did not use the stock wiring very small compared to the size of the wire that came with the light bar, this was the most work running the new wire. Drilled a hole under the roof rack mounting point for the wiring, sealed it with silicon. The nice thing is the roof right were the wire comes out has a notch in the weather stripping for the wire to lay and not deform the weather stripping.

"Remember opinions are like asshole every one has one." Ancient Chinese Proverb.
Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? 20211015_171819
Professional question/curiosity: How is that bolt holding the bar to your roof rail locked in? That's not a self tapping screw is it? Is there a washer/nut on the bottom as well????

OP
OP
Tunnaman88

Tunnaman88

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Professional question/curiosity: How is that bolt holding the bar to your roof rail locked in? That's not a self tapping screw is it? Is there a washer/nut on the bottom as well????

Your Rig looks awesome! my 2 door badlands was placed on Ordered today! thank for the pictures

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is bolt inside the rail that is permanently mounted. The bolt goes through the plastic assembly and into the side rail. So far it still tight if need be can make the bracket longer and use the second bolt.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is nut inside the rail that is permanently mounted. The bolt goes through the plastic assembly and into the side rail. So far it still tight if need be can make the bracket longer and use the second bolt.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tunnaman88

Tunnaman88

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had the Rigid mount for the roof rack?

Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? 46725-ford_bronco_roof_rack_mount_lifestyle-01
he made his own- but it is good to know rigid makes mounting brackets to go with their lightr bars- I will have to check them out

is ther any one website better than others to purchase from?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, I made my own for under $10.00.

4WP website, 2021 Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Roof Rack Mount Kit - 46725 $157.49

OP
OP
Tunnaman88

Tunnaman88

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is crazy! nothing like sticking it to Mr Consumer! Here , buy my expensive lights and ill get you on the brackets too! WTF

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, I made my own for under $10.00.

4WP website, 2021 Ford Bronco Rigid Industries Roof Rack Mount Kit - 46725 $157.49
To clarify, the bracket listed above is not designed for my light bar but may have worked. I have Rigid RADIANCE PLUS CURVED 40" WHITE BACKLIGHT.

The bracket from 4WP's is for 40" SR-Series light bar has only one bolt on each end to attach to where as the Radiance Plus has two bolts per end.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Where / How  to install Light Bar when you have a Roof rack? 46725-ford_bronco_roof_rack_mount_lifestyle-01
Very nice. Is there any whistling or noise from the the light bar at speed?
Sponsored