Sponsored

Where is everyone mounting their aftermarket amps?

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming no one is worried about water? The rear quarter locations seem the safest aside from inside the dash. I run topless often and have gotten caught in the rain a few times. Under the seats would definitely not be a good option.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just read your install thread... well done and thank you. I have never done this before but am considering this amp. I also appreciate the picture with the 12" downfire box. Taking up that much space has been my biggest concern. Any regrets on the sub choice?

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read your install thread... well done and thank you. I have never done this before but am considering this amp. I also appreciate the picture with the 12" downfire box. Taking up that much space has been my biggest concern. Any regrets on the sub choice?
No regrets on the sub choice. It puts out plenty of bass without taking up that much room. The cargo area is still plenty big for my family of four and our stuff. I chose the down firing box both for the sound properties and the ability to pack stuff on top of it. I felt like it was a good balance between a large box (too noticeable) and the small hideaway subs (no "real" bass). Overall, if you consider the rear cargo area to be below the windows and behind the seats, the sub box I have is taking up less than 10% of that space. Pretty small sacrifice for big performance.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this fit without any modification?
No modification other than building the amp rack. Everything attaches to existing holes or bolts.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No modification other than building the amp rack. Everything attaches to existing holes or bolts.
Since you’ve done this and I never have, I’m wondering why take the back of the truck apart and conceal the amp instead of mounting it in an accessible location like under the driver seat?

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you’ve done this and I never have, I’m wondering why take the back of the truck apart and conceal the amp instead of mounting it in an accessible location like under the driver seat?
I have a couple of reasons for the location. First, I don't think it will fit under the front seats. I put my amp and DSP for my Tundra under the passenger front and it was a tight fit. Under the seat is not really accessible, it is hard to get to if you want to make any changes. Also, I wanted the amp out of sight, so that left me with hiding it behind panels and the rear fender area has enough room.

Also, the amp/DSP I used does not have any external controls, you control and adjust by plugging in a laptop or you can use a Bluetooth adapter to connect wirelessly to iPad or phone. So no need to actually access the amp, I have a cover plate where the storage cubby used to be that I can remove and plug in the USB cable to connect to my laptop. I have done a few rounds of tuning and it is as easy as plugging in the cord and making adjustments from the front seat.

Last, I am a firm believer in getting things setup correctly. Once I had all my settings right, the only control I use now is volume up/down and sub up/down. So hopefully, I will not need to access the amp unless there is a failure with a connection or the amp itself.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a couple of reasons for the location. First, I don't think it will fit under the front seats. I put my amp and DSP for my Tundra under the passenger front and it was a tight fit. Under the seat is not really accessible, it is hard to get to if you want to make any changes. Also, I wanted the amp out of sight, so that left me with hiding it behind panels and the rear fender area has enough room.

Also, the amp/DSP I used does not have any external controls, you control and adjust by plugging in a laptop or you can use a Bluetooth adapter to connect wirelessly to iPad or phone. So no need to actually access the amp, I have a cover plate where the storage cubby used to be that I can remove and plug in the USB cable to connect to my laptop. I have done a few rounds of tuning and it is as easy as plugging in the cord and making adjustments from the front seat.

Last, I am a firm believer in getting things setup correctly. Once I had all my settings right, the only control I use now is volume up/down and sub up/down. So hopefully, I will not need to access the amp unless there is a failure with a connection or the amp itself.
Makes a ton of sense. I just realized you put in the D series amp and I was looking at the LC series amp. Same size but different setup

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under the steering column behind the metal plate.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you ground your amp to? Did you just remove some paint at a hole and run a bolt through?
Sponsored