Sponsored

Where is everyone mounting their aftermarket amps?

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you ground your amp to? Did you just remove some paint at a hole and run a bolt through?
I used an existing grounding point behind the panels. You will see a bunch of black wires all going to a single bolt. I figured if it was good enough for the other electronics, I could use it also. No issue so far. In other cars I have used frame bolts, seat bolts, you just need a good bare metal connection.
Sponsored

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I’m sure I will find something but it’s good to know there are several options.

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Key 500.1 mounted next to B&O enclosure with Comp R sub.

1660359741338.jpeg
Looks like you still have the stock B&O amp installed. I purchased the B&O enclosure from Ford and was hoping to have room to install a JL Audio XD700/5 amp where the stock B&O amp was mounted. The JL amp dimensions are 10.23W x 2.05H x 7.09D. Do you happen to know what the dimensions of the stock B&O amp are? Do you think the JL will fit in it's place a custom mount?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like you still have the stock B&O amp installed. I purchased the B&O enclosure from Ford and was hoping to have room to install a JL Audio XD700/5 amp where the stock B&O amp was mounted. The JL amp dimensions are 10.23W x 2.05H x 7.09D. Do you happen to know what the dimensions of the stock B&O amp are? Do you think the JL will fit in it's place a custom mount?
Sorry don’t have the dimensions. Sounds close though!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry don’t have the dimensions. Sounds close though!
I'm really curious about your setup - did you keep the stock B&O amp and just upgrade the woofer? how's it sound compared to the crappy B&O one? So far, I've replaced all the other speakers in the B&O system, but haven't gotten to the sub yet. I was planning on just running a tailgate mounted one from Stinger, running off a Phoenix Gold amp, using a high powered LOC from the stock sub wiring.. but you've got me wondering if I should keep the stock sub wiring in tact, but replace the woofer?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm really curious about your setup - did you keep the stock B&O amp and just upgrade the woofer? how's it sound compared to the crappy B&O one? So far, I've replaced all the other speakers in the B&O system, but haven't gotten to the sub yet. I was planning on just running a tailgate mounted one from Stinger, running off a Phoenix Gold amp, using a high powered LOC from the stock sub wiring.. but you've got me wondering if I should keep the stock sub wiring in tact, but replace the woofer?
Kept the stock amp and wiring in place, but replaced the sub woofer and added an amp to it. Don’t bother replacing the sub without adding an amp to power it, the stock amp can’t power an aftermarket sub. Here is my build thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-âś….41031/

JBMas

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pulled stock amp and put new DSP and Amp in same passenger rear panel. Had a custom sun box made that is efficient in rear and removable.

Les Korcala

Black Diamond
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Passenger side rear wheel...

amp final.jpg
This is what I wanted to see I have similar 6 Ch amp LC-6.1200 about the same size. Did you make your own bracket metal sharp some sort. The only negative would be if you ever want to dial in you have to take the panel off.
i am still in planing place for it and like this spot
how hard is to take that panel , any screws or just praying out. Looks nice and clean. Do you have sub amp ? If saw where did you mount it ? I have Xterra and all the amps and crossovers went in the back in the big hatch in the floor , boy ! I miss that space

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As you can see from the posts above, the compact class D amps (like the Kicker Key series) can fit in a number of tight spaces. The passenger side cargo trim panel is a favorite place for people who either want a lot of space, or who plan to use the space for a 'stealth' subwoofer.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished my system install yesterday. My installer was able to mount the Kicker KEY 500.1 amp and my Diamond Micro4 amp in my drivers side footwell and steering column areas. One under the steering column I believe and the other on the firewall. I wanted to save as much room as possible for my SQR box that is on the way.

Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I wanted to see I have similar 6 Ch amp LC-6.1200 about the same size. Did you make your own bracket metal sharp some sort. The only negative would be if you ever want to dial in you have to take the panel off.
i am still in planing place for it and like this spot
how hard is to take that panel , any screws or just praying out. Looks nice and clean. Do you have sub amp ? If saw where did you mount it ? I have Xterra and all the amps and crossovers went in the back in the big hatch in the floor , boy ! I miss that space
I made the bracket from 1/4" plexiglass and metal L brackets.

I can access the plug-in for my laptop through the hole where the storage cubby used to be. Anytime I want to adjust the amp I just plug in my laptop.

Panel removal is just like any other plastic panel. Use panel pry tools and take your time. I don't remember any screws, just pop clips.

No sub amp. It is a 5-channel amp, so 4 channels go to the 4 corners and one channel goes to the sub. 4 X 100 W plus 500W.

You can see the whole build here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-dsp-speakers-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I made the bracket from 1/4" plexiglass and metal L brackets.

I can access the plug-in for my laptop through the hole where the storage cubby used to be. Anytime I want to adjust the amp I just plug in my laptop.

Panel removal is just like any other plastic panel. Use panel pry tools and take your time. I don't remember any screws, just pop clips.

No sub amp. It is a 5-channel amp, so 4 channels go to the 4 corners and one channel goes to the sub. 4 X 100 W plus 500W.

You can see the whole build here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-dsp-speakers-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/
My install is very similar and might give you some additional ideas. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...de-in-bronco-raptor-7-part-diy-install.58409/

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Leo-Bronco

Base
First Name