Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what I've gathered, there is supposed to be an "owners wallet" in the glovebox with an initial setup code in it. I don't see anything like that - I just have the regular owners' manual booklets and toolkit. Can anybody elaborate or show me a picture of what I should be looking for? Thanks!
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have it installed by the dealer or buy it later? If it’s not been set up by the dealer, you need to.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It was an option I included with my order so I guess that means the dealer would have set it up. Nobody went over any of that with me when I took delivery though... just assumed it was something I would do on my end. Any idea how I would reset it/figure out what they made the code?

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s in a little plastic bag. Has card with default 5-digit code and an instruction sheet for setting a second alternative code.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Under the kick panel below the steering wheel. There is a card that says securi-code. That is where your key pad setup code is.
Do you have a picture of where exactly or what this card looks like? I'm looking all over the place and don't see anything hiding around the steering wheel panels.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My truck came with a sealed pack in the glove compartment with the code on a plastic card. This code worked and I was able to set up my own code.

THEN three weeks later when I was installing a subwoofer and needed access to power, I found a SECOND card with a code basically covering the fuse panel under the steering column. It actually slides in over the fuses like a cover. This card was the one that said SecuriCode on it, but the code was different than the card in the glovebox and did not work!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the multiple F series trucks I have owned, Its on a decal on the side of the ECM/PCM which in the pick ups is up under the dash on the passenger side. I'm sure they'd put in on the PCM on a Bronco as well but mine is not here yet. I don't know where the PCM is located.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
lol so far nothing conclusive here.... I definitely have nothing in my glovebox that resembles a plastic bag with a card in it and I do not see any card anywhere under the steering column??? Pics, anyone from either camp??

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine had it in the glove box. It was a business card sized hard piece of this plastic.

If you pull the entire panel under the steering wheel down, it is hinged on the bottom and gives you access to the interior fuse block. The fuse block is located back under the dash, behind that panel on the leftside of the opened panel. There will be another card on the fuse block with the code on it.

If I remember right, I entered that 5 digit code and then I was able to enter a second code that was easier for me to remember twice and now that is the only number I use.

You press the 2 right hand buttons to lock the Bronco and when you come back you enter your code to unlock it.

Here is a good video of it and what the card you are looking for looks like.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine had it in the glove box. It was a business card sized hard piece of this plastic.

If you pull the entire panel under the steering wheel down, it is hinged on the bottom and gives you access to the interior fuse block. The fuse block is located back under the dash, behind that panel on the leftside of the opened panel. There will be another card on the fuse block with the code on it.

If I remember right, I entered that 5 digit code and then I was able to enter a second code that was easier for me to remember twice and now that is the only number I use.

You press the 2 right hand buttons to lock the Bronco and when you come back you enter your code to unlock it.

Here is a good video of it and what the card you are looking for looks like.
Thank you for the details! Yep, there it is hiding right behind the headlight controls.

Ford Bronco Where is the door keypad setup info?? PXL_20220919_202429232

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My truck came with a sealed pack in the glove compartment with the code on a plastic card. This code worked and I was able to set up my own code.

THEN three weeks later when I was installing a subwoofer and needed access to power, I found a SECOND card with a code basically covering the fuse panel under the steering column. It actually slides in over the fuses like a cover. This card was the one that said SecuriCode on it, but the code was different than the card in the glovebox and did not work!
OK so now this is seemingly my situation as well - the code on the card in the fusebox does nothing. I watched the setup video above nothing works. Of course, there is no mention of 'keypad' setup in the owners manual anywhere. You said "your truck" - is that your Bronco? Just making sure because others mention their F150 or whatever. This is beyond frustrating.

MrParticular

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davidlauterbach.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7 Bronco, 1989 5.0 25th Anniversary Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I meant my Bronco. Sorry this is such a PITA for you. I was surprised when I found the second (useless) code. It seems like you might have to take a trip back to the dealer... not sure how resettable something like that is but I really don't know.

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was an option I included with my order so I guess that means the dealer would have set it up. Nobody went over any of that with me when I took delivery though... just assumed it was something I would do on my end. Any idea how I would reset it/figure out what they made the code?
Mine was on a card like a business card in my
Glove box

Edit for picture - I came all the way downstairs to take this lol hope it helps

20220919_152559.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was on a card like a business card in my
Glove box

Edit for picture - I came all the way downstairs to take this lol hope it helps

20220919_152559.jpg
Yep, I definitely do not have anything like that in my glovebox. Gotta love Ford quality control. Not sure if this is something the dealership installs upon delivery but I wonder if they accidentally tossed it or something. Come to think of it all of my user manual packet was throw loosely in the glovebox... was not in shrink-wrap or anything which I found odd. I bet somebody took it out for some reason and it never made it back in... who knows. Would you mind posting a pick of the directions on that little sheet if you are able to cover up your code info? Wondering if any of it might help me shed some light on a next step here in conjunction with the fuse card I did find. Thank you!
Sponsored

Last edited: