David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone has researched where you can mount a handgun safe in the new Bronco. I am ordering a 4 door BD.

With my previous vehicles I just slid a small Simplex lock gun safe under the drivers seat and "secured" it with a cable that looped around the mounts for the seat. It worked but wasn't really ideal.

I would like to actually hard mount something like a Fort Knox handgun safe somewhere in the vehicle and was wondering if anyone had done it or researched it enough to know where one could go.

Worst case, I will just do what I did before and use a cable lock. But any insights/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it was posting a while back about the center safe along with dimensions for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick replies. I was a noob and should have done a search first. The "trunk vault" is a no-go. Takes up way too much space for me and I plan to do some car camping as well and it takes away that option.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] rear lockable storage

As for the center console vault, I have seen two different ones on this forum and other places. One is from the Bronco Sport (which I really like, but not sure it is available for the real Bronco) and another one that is really pretty small looking.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] center console vault

If this ^^^ is available for the 4dr BD, I will probably go with this option

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] center console vault2

But if this ^^^ is what I am stuck with for a BD in the center console, then I still need to find a better option. This is way too small to be useful for holding a firearm.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering the cost cutting car manufacturers have with body panels, I dont think I trust them to deaign a secure firearm compartment. Might I suggest going to a metal fab shop and getting a custom built unit from welded plate. Travelling with firearma unsecured can be nerve wracking, I inherited my Dad's 44 piece collection and had to transport it back home, to the opposite side of the country.

20210411_110937.jpg

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread makes me feel a certain way lol. My thread asking if the MOLLE on the back of the front seat had enough surface area to mount an AR-15 was taken down. The admin said "no gun talk."

Similarly, an admin changed my name because I had a thread asking how to fly a flag and protect it from wind damage.

Like others have recommended, I would go with the center console safe for a handgun. For a long gun, maybe someone will make make something for the space under the rear seats. I'm curious to see if someone can fit an AR-15 pistol in the storage area under the cargo area. It already seems to be a little small. Add the safe that is available for that area and the opening becomes really small.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the rear lock able cargo area for my Bronco.

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco

The most important thing is to have a good inland marine insurance policy that covers your guns while traveling. I own several machine guns that together will easily dwarf the value of the vehicle they are loaded into. These types of devices keep the honest people out. For all else there is insurance.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the rear lock able cargo area for my Bronco.

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco

The most important thing is to have a good inland marine insurance policy that covers your guns while traveling. I own several machine guns that together will easily dwarf the value of the vehicle they are loaded into. These types of devices keep the honest people out. For all else there is insurance.
This won't work for me for the same reason the trunk vault won't work. I need/want to be able to flip down the rear seats for more storage or to sleep in the back of the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread makes me feel a certain way lol. My thread asking if the MOLLE on the back of the front seat had enough surface area to mount an AR-15 was taken down. The admin said "no gun talk."

Similarly, an admin changed my name because I had a thread asking how to fly a flag and protect it from wind damage.

Like others have recommended, I would go with the center console safe for a handgun. For a long gun, maybe someone will make make something for the space under the rear seats. I'm curious to see if someone can fit an AR-15 pistol in the storage area under the cargo area. It already seems to be a little small. Add the safe that is available for that area and the opening becomes really small.
The admins put a "no politics" flag on this thread but didn't say "no gun talk". not sure the difference between what they did to you vs. me.

I hope this doesn't become political. I am just trying to figure out where I can secure a gun safe in the vehicle.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I personally was looking at the rear under-floor safe.

Although I have a larger issue I need to figure out. When I go hunting I need to figure out some way to secure my rifles / bow. In my old truck they were locked/attached to the underside of a tonneau cover. Not sure what to do for the Bronco. :unsure:
I have the same question. I was looking at under the seats but after test driving it's barely big enough with the seats folded down to reach your hand under. Maybe if you have a really slim case you might be able to slide it in and have it held well just by friction, but it's no locked-in solution. I'd love a low-profile drawer style in the cargo area that's the same height as the lip on the back of the seat when folded down. That should be enough height, but I don't know if that'd raise the floor up too much to store the doors in anymore. If anyone has any insight on that it'd be greatly appreciated. Truck hunting without doors would be amazing.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found a flush floor mounted cargo safe. But access will not be easy if I have camping/hunting gear in the cargo area. I may just end up using my current V-Line safe with Simplex lock that I keep under the drivers seat in my current car in the Bronco. Just need to figure out if I can get it easily under the seat with the rear seat AC vents also located on the floor.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] cargo safe

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the quick replies. I was a noob and should have done a search first. The "trunk vault" is a no-go. Takes up way too much space for me and I plan to do some car camping as well and it takes away that option.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] cargo safe
this picture is the “cargo area security drawer” which indeed sits on top of the floor. It’s quite large and useful. However, there is also a vault that goes UNDER the floor that is nowhere near as big. There are a few thread about it and a recent one where someone installed it and reviewed it.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same question. I was looking at under the seats but after test driving it's barely big enough with the seats folded down to reach your hand under. Maybe if you have a really slim case you might be able to slide it in and have it held well just by friction, but it's no locked-in solution. I'd love a low-profile drawer style in the cargo area that's the same height as the lip on the back of the seat when folded down. That should be enough height, but I don't know if that'd raise the floor up too much to store the doors in anymore. If anyone has any insight on that it'd be greatly appreciated. Truck hunting without doors would be amazing.
here is what I currently use: a V-Line safe. It is only 2” tall and easily fits under the seat in my current car. It cable locks to my car seat.

I would really like something a little more “integrated “ for the Bronco if possible but so far I don’t see any really good options so this will be my fallback if I don’t find something else from Ford.

I am a big fan of simplex locks for situations where speed of access is more important than total security. I do not trust anything battery powered or biometric-based.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 00D46430-7BF5-44F2-81FB-1EAC7A637BF7
Sponsored