Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS]

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone has researched where you can mount a handgun safe in the new Bronco. I am ordering a 4 door BD.

With my previous vehicles I just slid a small Simplex lock gun safe under the drivers seat and "secured" it with a cable that looped around the mounts for the seat. It worked but wasn't really ideal.

I would like to actually hard mount something like a Fort Knox handgun safe somewhere in the vehicle and was wondering if anyone had done it or researched it enough to know where one could go.

Worst case, I will just do what I did before and use a cable lock. But any insights/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Well, if you are not deleting the rear seats to make a sleeper, you can make a shelf to level the cargo area out to the heigth of the seats. This would give you a 2.5" space for storage that should take a gun safe and other items to boot. There a few that have done something like this and postd on the site.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, but every vehicle has the same problem as the Bronco. No vehicle that I know of comes with a factory installed gun safe.

Thief Dope Head Dan is going to break into any car he thinks has valuables in it that he can sell for his drug habit. Any hardened case if not bolted to the floor pan is easily ripped from the plastic housing it is in. The two vehicle safe options Ford has shown for the Bronco are easily compromised it looks like to me.

I had a Smitty Built 16G steel center console for my YJ. It was bolted to the floor pan and was quite robust. But the top probably could have been levered off with a decent crowbar.
My 2021 RAM 1500 Built-to-Serve has a factory installed safe in the center console

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, if you are not deleting the rear seats to make a sleeper, you can make a shelf to level the cargo area out to the heigth of the seats. This would give you a 2.5" space for storage that should take a gun safe and other items to boot. There a few that have done something like this and postd on the site.
Like this guy. I have a 2 door and my brother independently came up with the OP's solution, with rounded corners and it is super.

4 door leveling shelf for folded seats

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the rear lock able cargo area for my Bronco.

https://accessories.ford.com/compartment-asy-rear-stowage-13029.html#2021/Bronco

The most important thing is to have a good inland marine insurance policy that covers your guns while traveling. I own several machine guns that together will easily dwarf the value of the vehicle they are loaded into. These types of devices keep the honest people out. For all else there is insurance.
I want something like this but I want to be able to unlock and fold down the section behind the seats if I have a long item that I want to haul. I haven't found the right product yet and may have to custom build one.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doing that blocks access to the vehicle jack and other underfloor storage compartment.

There is already a locking lid available for the underfloor storage compartment,
Ford VM2DZ-9906202-B Bronco Cargo Area Vehicle Safe In-Floor 2021 (cjponyparts.com)
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1640713730436

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want something like this but I want to be able to unlock and fold down the section behind the seats if I have a long item that I want to haul. I haven't found the right product yet and may have to custom build one.
Agree. I have a Lahti L-39 that needs lots of room and was thinking of making removable opening of some kind in the center.

Maybe with a cover that's bolted from the back with some welded nuts on the behind the seat piece.

acbaldwi`

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangle, 2005 for Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking could a long gun be stored under the rear seat? lots of room there if it doesn't get crushed when putting the seat down...... future wifey has the bronco atm so i cant just go out and fold the seats down :)

Sponsored

GlowingMoose

First Edition
First Name
Glendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheverolet Traverse
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to see something mount to the tailgate area. I don't need a table and there's perfect space for a small PCC or AR-pistol.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will slow them down. The ConsoleVault for the Bronco is the same company I have been using for years in my F-350. You can get the lock changed to a keyed or bio-metric lock. The locking plate can also be beefed up with a little welding. Again, I NEVER leave my guns in my truck overnight, I just like having it for parking lots where most break-in's happen around here.
Jack, how do you change the lock to biometric lock for these consolevaults?

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So got my Bronco BL yesterday and first thing was to cable lock my V-Line gun safe to the drivers seat.

I don’t like the console safe option so just going with something I am comfortable with for now.

the v-Line fits perfectly under the seat and I can tuck the excess cable underneath also. You really cannot see it from the outside looking in (last pic below)

hopefully some better options will emerge this year that are more convenient/accessible. But this will do for now when I have to leave my EDC in the car.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 7B2D9B98-D365-4BDD-9250-66A81383A371
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] C4722CD1-F134-4FAD-86AE-49FEC39C4485
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 4997AC70-FE01-4709-A6A5-6A4404E84F25