First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used to but lost them all in a boating accident...
Just bought a boat yesterday for plausible deniability...

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20211110_162304

Needs a little bit of work, but a 25' party pontoon is just what the doctor ordered and is under 3,500 for towing with the Bronco.
Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I will get my Bronco late next week! So I am reviving this thread to see if anyone has come up or installed something other than the Console vault.
Congratulations! Iā€™m right behind you. I pick up in a few weeks and we are road-tripping home 2200 miles. So I need something right away! What did you decide on?

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally got by rig yesterday. I am going look at fitting a underseat safe this weekend. .
Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

here is what I currently use: a V-Line safe. It is only 2ā€ tall and easily fits under the seat in my current car. It cable locks to my car seat.

I would really like something a little more ā€œintegrated ā€œ for the Bronco if possible but so far I donā€™t see any really good options so this will be my fallback if I donā€™t find something else from Ford.

I am a big fan of simplex locks for situations where speed of access is more important than total security. I do not trust anything battery powered or biometric-based.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20211110_162304
I love my V-Line, quickest access of any safe I have and much thicker than most on the market.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1st cav division on an XD... plus a dicks sports card near by... this whole post is a contradiction. all points are invalid.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why be bashful!

00CE799A-22DB-4524-9A4B-732C862BE02C.jpeg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just bought a boat yesterday for plausible deniability...

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 00CE799A-22DB-4524-9A4B-732C862BE02C

Needs a little bit of work, but a 25' party pontoon is just what the doctor ordered and is under 3,500 for towing with the Bronco.
And wouldn't you know, I didn't even get it into the water and had my first boating accident... Damn deer jumped out in front of me towing it at 80MPH.

Thankfully, I didn't have a Bronco yet. No, Bambi did not survive. Ford and Boat +1, Bambi 0. I think that I lost every gun I ever owned in that accident today.

Except for one Glock.

I still have not seen a storage solution yet that I have to have, although a few of the vehicle holsters looked good.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone has researched where you can mount a handgun safe in the new Bronco. I am ordering a 4 door BD.

With my previous vehicles I just slid a small Simplex lock gun safe under the drivers seat and "secured" it with a cable that looped around the mounts for the seat. It worked but wasn't really ideal.

I would like to actually hard mount something like a Fort Knox handgun safe somewhere in the vehicle and was wondering if anyone had done it or researched it enough to know where one could go.

Worst case, I will just do what I did before and use a cable lock. But any insights/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you find a solution?

I think a small metal pistol box cabled locked under the seat would fit but it's not ideal.

I'm curious to see if someone makes a custom center console. I don't have my bronco yet but this is something I'd consider making for it.

l'm also curious to see if there is any dead space behind the rear cargo side panels? The right side has the toilet paper holder, is there more space back there?

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I use the console vault. Fits 365 sig/ glock 42,43,26,27 size well
i mount an ironmount magnet (bought Amazon) $15
it is 43 pound strength attaches to side of console vault
probably easier to change gun size than mount bigger pistol safely
they make Kyle trigger guards that you can attach guard to magnet/ pull it off when removing handgun from safe. Allows me to use safe for other things without worrying about unintended discharge
Bronco is 800 miles away presently or would take pics

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you find a solution?

I think a small metal pistol box cabled locked under the seat would fit but it's not ideal.
I still don't have my Bronco so no solution for me yet.

My backup, is a simplex lock gun safe under the driver's seat. Not keen on the current center console option only because it is a basic 3 (maybe 4) digit combo lock. I would have to "look" at it to enter the combo. Simplex locks are so much easier to get into (if you know the combo) and aren't any more easy to defeat than the 3 digit dial lock.