First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be watching this thread as I need a solution as well but don't have a Bronco yet to measure or fab with.

I think that many if the helpful posters do not realize the conundrum: The available bronco options do not fit the needs of someone who is legally traveling with a concealed carry. There are certain situations where it is necessary to stow the firearm temporarily or for a whole evening: if you decide to have one drink, have multiple and a friend drives you home, or simply needing to quickly lock it up when not permissible or desirable to carry outside of the vehicle, etc.

The console is too small, and digging up the cargo area (even during a rare-empty time) does not fit my definition of convenient.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be watching this thread as I need a solution as well but don't have a Bronco yet to measure or fab with.

I think that many if the helpful posters do not realize the conundrum: The available bronco options do not fit the needs of someone who is legally traveling with a concealed carry. There are certain situations where it is necessary to stow the firearm temporarily or for a whole evening: if you decide to have one drink, have multiple and a friend drives you home, or simply needing to quickly lock it up when not permissible or desirable to carry outside of the vehicle, etc.

The console is too small, and digging up the cargo area (even during a rare-empty time) does not fit my definition of convenient.
One of the frequent situations where I need to stash my EDC is when going to the post office (yes, I do still need to go to the post office from time-to-time, mainly to pick up stuff that my mailman can't/won't deliver to my house), and that is why the V-Line is so useful. I don't want to stash my EDC into the glove box and lock it. While it would probably be safe for a short period of time, it is also just as easy to reach under my seat, open the simplex lock, store my EDC, lock it and put it back under my seat, all without needing to leave the drivers seat.

I just want something equally convenient in the Bronco that is more "built in" than what I am currently doing. But again if push comes to shove, I can just move the V-Line and the cable lock to the Bronco (assuming that it will fit under the seat and not get blocked by the rear seat AC vents.)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

here is what I currently use: a V-Line safe. It is only 2” tall and easily fits under the seat in my current car. It cable locks to my car seat.

I would really like something a little more “integrated “ for the Bronco if possible but so far I don’t see any really good options so this will be my fallback if I don’t find something else from Ford.

I am a big fan of simplex locks for situations where speed of access is more important than total security. I do not trust anything battery powered or biometric-based.

00D46430-7BF5-44F2-81FB-1EAC7A637BF7.jpeg
Sorry I should have clarified - this is for long guns and would want to be accessed from the rear with the swinggate open so that I could have all my other gear (or a deer...) on top of it.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry I should have clarified - this is for long guns and would want to be accessed from the rear with the swinggate open so that I could have all my other gear (or a deer...) on top of it.
Ahh yes... I also have that issue to resolve as well, but long gun storage is a relatively infrequent issue (going to gun range or hunting), but pistol storage is (potentially) a daily issue for me, so it is the more pressing concern for me in this thread.

In another thread, it looks like there is space under the rear seats in a 4dr where some sort of locking/secured container could be installed, but not sure if it would be able to hold multiple long guns.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ahh yes... I also have that issue to resolve as well, but long gun storage is a relatively infrequent issue (going to gun range or hunting), but pistol storage is (potentially) a daily issue for me, so it is the more pressing concern for me in this thread.

In another thread, it looks like there is space under the rear seats in a 4dr where some sort of locking/secured container could be installed, but not sure if it would be able to hold multiple long guns.
I dunno I test drove one and folded the seats up and down - there is very little room under there. If memory serves me correctly there may even be a hump under the middle that would negate transverse long gun storage.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear underfloor cargo safe is a no-go for an AR pistol. It may fit in the compartment (with a folding stock adapter) but the safe door is too deep and will not close.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

May I ask how you resolved the long gun issue please?

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the quick replies. I was a noob and should have done a search first. The "trunk vault" is a no-go. Takes up way too much space for me and I plan to do some car camping as well and it takes away that option.

rear lockable storage.jpg

As for the center console vault, I have seen two different ones on this forum and other places. One is from the Bronco Sport (which I really like, but not sure it is available for the real Bronco) and another one that is really pretty small looking.

center console vault.jpg

If this ^^^ is available for the 4dr BD, I will probably go with this option

center console vault2.jpg

But if this ^^^ is what I am stuck with for a BD in the center console, then I still need to find a better option. This is way too small to be useful for holding a firearm.
How much handgun are you planning on putting in there?

Mine fits:

All the small stuff, so I won't list it here...
S&W 586 Performance Center Pro
1911 full size
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry with RMR (with or without threaded barrel)
Sig Sauer P226 with threaded barrel
Beretta 92FS

It will not fit:

Colt Python 4.25" barrel
S&W 625 with 5" barrel
S&W 629 with 6" barrel

I didn't try the Luger, but most people don't carry one...

The lock might be a sticking point to you - it's one of those four tumbler things where you spin the wheel. I suspect it could be changed out to something else, but that might be something you don't like.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1912

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1913

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1914

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1915

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1916

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1917

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] IMG_1918

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am searching for a solution as well for EDC when going into Post office/Schools etc. Based on reading the Ford Manual for the Bronco I have questions about the Ford console vault.
1. Is the vault a full box or just cover?
2. Does it retain the ability to use the dead/programing key fob? (see attached photo)
I also am not a fan of 4 tumbler combo lock. I would want bio metric or keypad access. Does anyone know if there is room under the seat or the side of the console to mount a safe such as https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/ ? Measurements 2.6" L x 9.1" W x 11.25" H
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] Dead Keyfob Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like we will be forced to delete our coveted cup holders and custom-create a secure box the correct size for your personal specific side arm on the front passenger side incorporating a new mounting for the grab handle. Cup holder is useless when threat of harm is imminent and immediate action required to deter aggression . Maybe a cup holder could be on top of new locked safe? Passenger won't miss the leg room....much -they still can put their bag in the back. Secure Vault: Are you paying attention?
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1630940060437

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like we will be forced to delete our coveted cup holders and custom-create a secure box the correct size for your personal specific side arm on the front passenger side incorporating a new mounting for the grab handle. Cup holder is useless when threat of harm is imminent and immediate action required to deter aggression . Maybe a cup holder could be on top of new locked safe? Passenger won't miss the leg room....much -they still can put their bag in the back. Secure Vault: Are you paying attention?
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1630940060437
I'm pretty sure someone came up with cupholder-mounted weaponry a while ago.

images.jpeg.jpg

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be nice to find a cargo area security drawer that would double as a mattress base and even out the back seat bump up.....
Throw a air mattress over it and put a cheap looking piece of wood at the front of it and now you have a stealthy safe/storage area/mattress base.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be nice to find a cargo area security drawer that would double as a mattress base and even out the back seat bump up.....
Throw a air mattress over it and put a cheap looking piece of wood at the front of it and now you have a stealthy safe/storage area/mattress base.
Yup I concur. That bump isn't very tall but still should be enough for typical items like toolkits, first aid kits, jumper cables, spare PPE, etc. Or for firearms when hunting or going to the range.

Does anyone know how much clearance there is to the roof when storing the doors standing up in the back? Would this height of security drawer raise the floor too high?
Sponsored