Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Indeed.

I just made some simple points that you appeared not to take into account. As to your point, your premise insists that whoever is breaking into the car is necessarily seeking items to sell, but that's obviously not a certainty.

Since this thread was about practical applications, not policy arguments, I'll share a quick video I just finished of how to install the Console Vault, with melodramatic spaghetti western music. 🤙

This is a pretty darned convenient solution.

This vault type safe is better than nothing. But is there enough of a gap around that door to fit in a pry-bar?
Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Figured it out.
I am going to open carry whatever I have.
Whether it be a 22 caliber or a 50 BMG rifle.
I LOVE the window racks from the 70's and 80's.
Not much to question there.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really don't understand where this position that gun owners think their vehicle are more of a "target" came from. It's not a matter of being more of a target its a matter of better securing a firearm in case of a break in.

FYI I have had my F250 broken into twice and I have no stickers on it.
I'm guessing it's the same reason as why some of us routinely carry in our vehicles. I'm not here to postulate what that reason is for each individual, but it sure feels like the two are closely linked.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's amazing that the admin has to warn us about discussing guns and where to mount them in our Broncos when it is a a protected right in our constitution. Geesh. Totally out of touch as most of the people driving these cars own weapons.

I'd like to know about how to mount an AR-15 in a Bronco. I've seen them mounted in Jeeps. Something like this below.
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] How To Stop Car Theft - Trunk Monkey Alarm

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] How To Stop Car Theft - Trunk Monkey Alarm
I don’t think the administrator’s intent was to “warn us about discussing guns.”

The intent I’m sure was warn us about turning a simple, practical question into one about politics. I’m proudly pro 2A but I don’t come to this forum to discuss political issues, nor does anyone else- there are plenty of other forums for that.

This meme I’ve attached came to mind when I read your post. In many respects it applies to forums as well. I’ve not been a member very long, but even with my low number of posts this is something I’ve already experienced from a few other members responses to a couple of my posts.

8E21F5DB-5A7E-40DE-8EB3-BDF8F8302186.jpeg

Last edited:

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The admins put a "no politics" flag on this thread but didn't say "no gun talk". not sure the difference between what they did to you vs. me.

I hope this doesn't become political. I am just trying to figure out where I can secure a gun safe in the vehicle.
This is one of the reasons I ordered the center console safe. Should be arriving shortly. I'll let you know what does/doesn't fit....I've got an M&P Shield and a P320.. so very different sizes, hoping at least one of them fits nicely.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of the reasons I ordered the center console safe. Should be arriving shortly. I'll let you know what does/doesn't fit....I've got an M&P Shield and a P320.. so very different sizes, hoping at least one of them fits nicely.
Do you have your Bronco already? If you do can you tell us the measurements of the console and as another option what the underside of the Drivers seat opening (motorized) dimensions are along with a picture. I am looking at this as an option for under the seat but not sure it will fit.
https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/slider-wi-fi-series/

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the idea of a hidden floor, that raises up to the level of the folded down back seats. Kind of like that platform the guy built in the youtube vid with the plywood, it had two perfect places to slide in something like a stove or long gun. You could use the tiedowns to keep it down reasonably well, with clips or such. You could have s small door on one side, that locks. A crook wouldn't know what the floor hightener was, or if he did he'd have to open the tailgate and jimmy the lock.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1631542182990

Last edited:

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have your Bronco already? If you do can you tell us the measurements of the console and as another option what the underside of the Drivers seat opening (motorized) dimensions are along with a picture. I am looking at this as an option for under the seat but not sure it will fit.
https://vaulteksafe.com/products/vaultek-slider-series/slider-wi-fi-series/
I have dealer loaner at the moment. It’s a 2D so not sure if the measurements are the same (I would imagine they are.) I can measure tonight when I get home and post my findings. Mine will be a four door and I’m trying to find a place to mount an SBR that is not visible through the windows (as well as a pistol but that should be simpler.

As far as long guns go, I’m sure at some point there will be some company will make a mount that affixes to the roll cage.

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do. I have a 4dr OBX and as soon as I'm off this work call, I get pics and measurements.
Ok, not much if any, room under driver seat but mine are electronic so there may be more room on non electronic. Measurements: 7.5in wide/8in long/9.5in deep. Right now it can hold either of my hand guns. I’m not sure how dense the safe is so I’m thinking only the Shield will fit which is better than nothing.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] A679B1D1-3DDA-4A47-85DD-C0081A0C2FEF

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] AF445582-00C4-4681-B5A4-ADDE722A90AC

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 2D2F1E22-31A3-4D92-86A3-15B001798268

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 78974CC9-7828-4DB9-9AE6-67DBBAF3E759

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, not much if any, room under driver seat but mine are electronic so there may be more room on non electronic. Measurements: 7.5in wide/8in long/9.5in deep. Right now it can hold either of my hand guns. I’m not sure how dense the safe is so I’m thinking only the Shield will fit which is better than nothing.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 78974CC9-7828-4DB9-9AE6-67DBBAF3E759

Thanks! It looks like there would be enough room under the seat for the Vaultek slider it measures 2.6" x 9.1" x 11.25"
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1631542221915