Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing it's the same reason as why some of us routinely carry in our vehicles. I'm not here to postulate what that reason is for each individual, but it sure feels like the two are closely linked.
It's hard to say, really. But let's keep it on topic. The topic being solutions for gun storage, not the whys and why nots.

I normally carry on my person, but I need to have a "more" secure place to store a handgun while I enter into restricted areas, which I do frequently.

Thanks! It looks like there would be enough room under the seat for the Vaultek slider it measures 2.6" x 9.1" x 11.25"
1631542221915.png
I was looking at this exact system last weekend at ShootSmart. I was demoing it in person and it is really good quality and would fit in a lot of places inside the Bronco.
Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay, but every vehicle has the same problem as the Bronco. No vehicle that I know of comes with a factory installed gun safe.

Thief Dope Head Dan is going to break into any car he thinks has valuables in it that he can sell for his drug habit. Any hardened case if not bolted to the floor pan is easily ripped from the plastic housing it is in. The two vehicle safe options Ford has shown for the Bronco are easily compromised it looks like to me.

I had a Smitty Built 16G steel center console for my YJ. It was bolted to the floor pan and was quite robust. But the top probably could have been levered off with a decent crowbar.
It will slow them down. The ConsoleVault for the Bronco is the same company I have been using for years in my F-350. You can get the lock changed to a keyed or bio-metric lock. The locking plate can also be beefed up with a little welding. Again, I NEVER leave my guns in my truck overnight, I just like having it for parking lots where most break-in's happen around here.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I ordered the center console safe. Should be arriving shortly. I'll let you know what does/doesn't fit....I've got an M&P Shield and a P320.. so very different sizes, hoping at least one of them fits nicely.
p365 and g19 fit without issue. Shown here with magnets holding them each securely to interior sidewall. Plenty of room to reach in, and add other items. Spare 12 round p365 mag and a leatherman at the bottom.
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 275D8A7E-8FF5-4D6E-AA8A-E78153B7CDB9

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
p365 and g19 fit without issue. Shown here with magnets holding them each securely to interior sidewall. Plenty of room to reach in, and add other items. Spare 12 round p365 mag and a leatherman at the bottom.
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 275D8A7E-8FF5-4D6E-AA8A-E78153B7CDB9
It will slow them down. The ConsoleVault for the Bronco is the same company I have been using for years in my F-350. You can get the lock changed to a keyed or bio-metric lock. The locking plate can also be beefed up with a little welding. Again, I NEVER leave my guns in my truck overnight, I just like having it for parking lots where most break-in's happen around here.
I could live with this if I can get a bio-metric or keypad lock. I checked the website and did not see an option from Consolevault other than combo or keypad. Is there another vendor that supplies a biometric lock for this setup?

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1631560466745

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1631560466745
Thats awesome. Thanks!

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm one of those members that doesn't realize the conundrum. Just because you are CCW legal, why does the vehicle you drive become any more of a target for break in and theft of a gun, than a pair of expensive sun glasses, or cash for example?

In your sample situation where you are legal to carry a firearm, but not legal to drive because your blood alcohol level is above the legal limit, why wouldn't you just carry your firearm home with you?

If I had such an issue where I needed a safe for valuables, I'd look at making a hardened enclosure where the cubbyhole for the subwoofer goes in the right rear panel of the luggage compartment. Design it so access is through the stock panel converted to a door to conceal the safe.

Or, IIRC from pictures of the removed front fenders, the left side fender has a large cavity in it. The right side location is filled by the washer fluid container. The opposite left side space is unused and is unfilled. I doubt any gun thief hound would think to break into a Bronco, pop the hood and go searching for a firearm. But maybe after reading this post... they will. :ROFLMAO:

I think my points were clarified by others, but lots of posts have been added since so I will cover what bases I intended:

Most states have a BAC limit of .02 for legal carry, otherwise it has to be locked up (I think some states specify how well... aka no glove box). You can be legal to drive but still be in hot water if the firearm is not locked up... Even if the passenger or asleep in the back seat. Not having access to it at .02 is the point of the law.

Even in states that recognize the permit, there are usually certain buildings and private businesses that do not allow carry within. A secure place is needed when visiting.

While traveling through states that do not recognize your states permit, most allow you to carry while passing through (presumably to avoid constitutional conflicts), but you must lock them away when outside of your vehicle... Getting gas, or using the restroom for example.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the idea of a hidden floor, that raises up to the level of the folded down back seats. Kind of like that platform the guy built in the youtube vid with the plywood, it had two perfect places to slide in something like a stove or long gun. You could use the tiedowns to keep it down reasonably well, with clips or such. You could have s small door on one side, that locks. A crook wouldn't know what the floor hightener was, or if he did he'd have to open the tailgate and jimmy the lock.

A pro version of this is exactly what I'd like.

Reactions: R11
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something like this may also work, but I am not sure how much room there is under the Bronco driver seat. I am sure the aftermarket will catch up soon and build something for the Bronco if it is possible to squeeze one in there.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/tuffy-conceal-carry-underseat-jk-24701.html
This is exactly what I would like to have in my BD. Hopefully something like it will be available by the time I take delivery of my Bronco. It doesn't even need to be this tall. My current car safe is only 2" tall.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone curious is near Lansing Michigan, the yard is just south of town, west of the interstate:

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] Screenshot_20210915-055107_Maps

Sponsored

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I will get my Bronco late next week! So I am reviving this thread to see if anyone has come up or installed something other than the Console vault.

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure of the interior dimensions of the Bronco console, but I was able to fit a FAS1 compact handgun safe in my 2021 Raptor console. They are some of the best handgun safes in or out of a vehicle. Here is a link to their safes and some pics of the compact safe installed. FAS1 Handgun Safes

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] B11E4D34-7841-4F18-97C3-AEB9B1E0458E_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 5AD135DE-AB8C-4647-8391-860057AFCEE0_1_105_c

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 0C3C9605-00D6-403C-A0BF-61DCBCF8D4A6_1_105_c

STEED77

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Totally waiting on the under seat safe.... someone need to do this.. @tuffyproducts I am talking to you!

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my points were clarified by others, but lots of posts have been added since so I will cover what bases I intended:

Most states have a BAC limit of .02 for legal carry, otherwise it has to be locked up (I think some states specify how well... aka no glove box). You can be legal to drive but still be in hot water if the firearm is not locked up... Even if the passenger or asleep in the back seat. Not having access to it at .02 is the point of the law.

Even in states that recognize the permit, there are usually certain buildings and private businesses that do not allow carry within. A secure place is needed when visiting.

While traveling through states that do not recognize your states permit, most allow you to carry while passing through (presumably to avoid constitutional conflicts), but you must lock them away when outside of your vehicle... Getting gas, or using the restroom for example.
Excellent read- this is how Colorado operates.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here we go with the politics- you just couldn't keep it to yourself, could you. Most people driving these are NOT gun owners. Show us your work. This thread is for those that are and have a legitimate question. Believe it or not- most do not want to hear your constitutionalist posturing.
I own what some may consider a shockingly large collection of handguns, rifles and shotguns. I see zero problems with discussing how to properly secure them in a vehicle.
Sponsored