First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HI all, please try to keep politics out of this thread. I don't want this thread closed down because I am still hoping to hear all the different ways to securely store a handgun in a Bronco.

Please don't make this about "constitutionality" or "this/that state sucks". There are many other forums for that.

FYI, I got sucked into upgrading from a BD to a BL and spending thousands of dollars more than I wanted to, thanks to the lack of a mid-package with a manual transmission on the BD.

The only way I can spite Ford at this point (since I do want a Bronco) is that they lost out on selling me a Sasquatch package since the $$$ I was going to spend on that package went to the uplift to get a BL with a manual and the mid-package.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only way I can spite Ford at this point (since I do want a Bronco) is that they lost out on selling me a Sasquatch package since the $$$ I was going to spend on that package went to the uplift to get a BL with a manual and the mid-package.
I think that the non-Sasquatch Badlands is the stronger play...

Now back to storage, what I would like to see is something that integrates into the tailgate, maybe something where the table would go, the trick is making something secure, I am thinking that a sufficient number of rivet nuts to secure the storage box to the rear gate might be the way to go.

Reactions: law

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The strongest play is out of sight, out of mind. If someone knows you have enough ā˜†ā˜†ā˜†pointsā˜†ā˜†ā˜†- wheel pkg, gun safe, stereo, etc., they'll simply take the whole vehicle. So if you have a full build and are safing your gun in some kind of a locker, you're already behind the 8-ball. Beyond physically immobilizing the vehicle through cutting the ignition circuit from starting or the vehicle from rolling, a gun safe is one of those honest people items. I roll solo, so of guns aren't welcome, I'm not going.
For those with better halves, who want to go places where guns aren't welcome, you're mitigating risks...
The center console locking vault is the least visible to honest people something is present that makes fingers šŸ”„...
When in doubt, leave the slide and magazine in the rig safe and take the frame and barrel (tracable elements) in with you. If the establishment has issue with a Glock frame field stripped, you need not give them business.

Last edited:

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have a Bronco but I highly recommend to take measurements of all firearms you are going to carry and interior of vehicle. Think outside the box. Some modifications may be needed in the vehicle for fitment.

On the Jeeps there are some pretty cool roll bar mounts you can buy or fabricate for rifles/shotguns.

Most striker fired weapons have a lot more options in regards to concealment in small safes/seat/under dash mounts. Hammer fired (of same caliber) are a bit more challenging.

Also consider how quick you want to assess your weapon. A lot more options are available if you are not in a hurry to get at your firearm. For quick access consider a "pop open safe".

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know that your armory is NOT what I am referring to.
At the same time, hyperventilating about a natural right you clearly despise doesn't pertain to you other than air dropping in to scold others on exercising their first about their second and fifth and fourteenth and the utility there of has no grounds for political discourse at all, for these are legalisms... You've contributed nothing here but the threat of losing this thread due to protestations of a politic which clearly isn't present so long as we all legally exercise our second and first. So your injecting your politic here, everyone else has played by the rules.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I carry on my person 95% of the time when driving. My primary need for the gun safe is when I am going somewhere where I can't take it (airport, federal bldg, post office).

So it will be a mid-sized or smaller handgun , not full sized.

The center console is a reasonable option, but I really don't care for the 3-digit or 4-digit combo lock. Mainly because you have to look at the numbers to get into it, and you will need to turn on the lights if it is nighttime.

I am a big fan of Simplex locks because I can get into them in seconds in the pitch dark 99.9% of the time on the first try.

I do want something in the passenger compartment because that will be the ideal place to remove and secure the firearm without attracting undue attention (like going around to the trunk)

I haven't been back to my local Ford dealership where I am getting my BL since my one test drive back in August. But I think I will go back and bring my current gunsafe and see if I can slide it in/out from under the driver's seat while seated. If I can, that will be my initial plan of action until something more integrated comes along.

If the center console safe ever comes with a simplex lock, that would probably get my business, but Ford will never do it because their marketing folks would probably decide that the vast majority of their customer base would not be able to figure out how to program the code. Hopefully a 3rd party company will do something like that.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know that your armory is NOT what I am referring to.
At the same time, hyperventilating about a natural right you clearly despise doesn't pertain to you other than air dropping in to scold others on exercising their first about their second and fifth and fourteenth and the utility there of has no grounds for political discourse at all, for these are legalisms... You've contributed nothing here but the threat of losing this thread due to protestations of a politic which clearly isn't present so long as we all legally exercise our second and first. So your injecting your politic here, everyone else has played by the rules.
Can both of you please stop?

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look into someone making a narrow locking drawer. Probably come up as high as bump behind sears to make flat floor?? See pick-drawer under fridge?
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1636405670751

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since this thread seems to has resurrected from September, did anyone figure out a clever solution for long guns / bows?? Still searchingā€¦

FYI, I got sucked into upgrading from a BD to a BL and spending thousands of dollars more than I wanted to, thanks to the lack of a mid-package with a manual transmission on the BD.

Sameā€¦ although I donā€™t really care about the mid package. But the Sasquatch package pricing with the manual transmission is just dumb. Over it now, it is what it is I supposeā€¦ but I was salty about it for a good week.

At some point Iā€™ll figure out how to update my B6g profile now that Iā€™m no longer getting a Black Diamond.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another option is talk with Advanced Fiberglass Concepts to redo rear panels to look like this:
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1636406317102

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A little off topic but I need someone to create a carbon fiber molded holster that will take the place of the center console grab handle. What better than to have a Bronco bolt in holster on you center console for easy access while driving.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option is talk with Advanced Fiberglass Concepts to redo rear panels to look like this:
1636406317102.png
Super cool in my opinion, butā€¦ honestlyā€¦ I donā€™t think the rear quarter panel of the Bronco is long enough or wide enough to fit something like that comfortably.

Maybe if you didnā€™t have the Lux package you could use the right rear quarter thanks to the extra space left for the B&O subwoofer. But not sure.

Iā€™ve also heard doing that is illegal in many states. Not sure if that is true or notā€”havenā€™t looked into it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Super cool in my opinion, butā€¦ honestlyā€¦ I donā€™t think the rear quarter panel of the Bronco is long enough or wide enough to fit something like that comfortably.

Maybe if you didnā€™t have the Lux package you could use the right rear quarter thanks to the extra space left for the B&O subwoofer. But not sure.

Iā€™ve also heard doing that is illegal in many states. Not sure if that is true or notā€”havenā€™t looked into it.
Without getting into the politics of it, there are few places where any firearms are generally illegal in a locked container separate from the ammunition. The Bronco panels look long enough to fit many carbines. If I was to store a firearm this way, I would want it to be exceptionally secure as well as not obvious.
Sponsored