Sponsored

Where to place floor jack to use jack stands.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I would like to put jack stands on the frame to secure the front end of my Bronco while I install a front lift. It’s no problem lifting it at the jacking points with a floor jack, but with the jack in place there is no room for the jack stands.
Thanks
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear is easy enough using the axle and the frame.. but the front, I have no clue... would be interested to hear others thoughts on it too
Ford Bronco Where to place floor jack to use jack stands. Jacking and Lifting G2222668_Page_1

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I typically use the front crossmember to lift both sides at once. sometimes will use the bolt hanging down on the lower arm in a pinch too. Then you just put jack stands on the frame closest to where the tire would be.

Last edited:

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to put jack stands on the frame to secure the front end of my Bronco while I install a front lift. It’s no problem lifting it at the jacking points with a floor jack, but with the jack in place there is no room for the jack stands.
Thanks
Buy 2 of these: (I bought one to keep in my Bronco).
403686AE-8A69-473C-AF72-35F5F702AEBE.jpeg

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the true "jack points" are inaccessible for jackstands with the jack in place, I felt comfortable placing the stands behind (but as close as possible) to the jack point as bash plates and such would allow.

I may be getting old, but I never depend on one point of failure. I will leave the jack in place as a backup, try to leave 3 tires on the ground at all times, and if I need the jack elsewhere, jam the second stand under a cross member as the backup.

If anybody is curious why I'm so cautious, watch how much these tall lifts/long suspensions allow the bronco to shift laterally while jacking. You have to follow the floor jack several inches as it's dragged inward (if jacking from one side at a time). Babysitting more than one side/stand at a time while raising & lowering seems too risky, to me.

I might try jacking from the middle, as suggested above, which I've always preferred, but I haven't yet found a point that I like. Maybe my bash plates are covering it?

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been wondering this too. And whether my 2 ton jack has enough travel to lift the front tire off the ground with the suspension travel. I may need some wood blocks on top of the jack lift plate. The back is definitely easier using the axle. At least I only need to lift the Bronco to do brake work or rotate the tires. It is high enough off of the ground to get underneath do do anything else. Rotate the tires will happen on a regular basis way before any brake work.

OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I think I’ll take the bash plates off(the same one I remove for an oil change) to see if the cross member may be a safe jacking point.
I’ll repot back.
Thanks guys!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wondering this too. And whether my 2 ton jack has enough travel to lift the front tire off the ground with the suspension travel. I may need some wood blocks on top of the jack lift plate. The back is definitely easier using the axle. At least I only need to lift the Bronco to do brake work or rotate the tires. It is high enough off of the ground to get underneath do do anything else. Rotate the tires will happen on a regular basis way before any brake work.
I had to buy a new jack for the Bronco. It has an advertised 19.5“ lift. It just barely gets my SAS bronco (and true 35“ tires) off the ground... And that's with a thick rubber jack-pad I added, which gives an extra inch if lift. I've been using a 2x6 under the frame to get more.

OP
OP
AMTRV

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I had to buy a new jack for the Bronco. It has an advertised 19.5“ lift. It just barely gets my SAS bronco (and true 35“ tires) off the ground... And that's with a thick rubber jack-pad I added, which gives an extra inch if lift. I've been using a 2x6 under the frame to get more.
Yes, my floor jack won’t lift my Badlands(non-SAS) with true 35s without an oak block at the jack points. I have a super jack(bottle jack)with extensions that will lift it but it’s slow compared to my quick lift floor jack.

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy 2 of these: (I bought one to keep in my Bronco).
Ford Bronco Where to place floor jack to use jack stands. 403686AE-8A69-473C-AF72-35F5F702AEBE
Pretty cool, do two of these lift front tires off the ground without additional blocks?

not at home right now and wondering what height is required when using the “designated “ jack points…

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This setup worked great for me.
Front has an Arrow stamped into the frame for Jack placement, so stand placed as close to that point as possible.
Stands went under the rear axle.

tempImageWnm0R8.png

tempImagegrrdds.png

tempImagep81nNj.png

tempImagem6en8P.png

FranklinCounty4Door

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CG / 4 Door / Hard Top / Self-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Where to place floor jack to use jack stands. D40C90A3-7F32-42C9-BE58-3081EB2EA2FB
Y’all need to get you a set of these if you work vehicle’s often. I use them on every vehicle I own. I even have their pinch weld adapter for our minivan.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/7000tlx/

*edit- here’s my F150 on it. Those are 35’s.

Last edited:

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs