KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love when someone says there will be electric vehicles because of "politics" and then half the replies afterward are "I can't wait for an electric Bronco!"

The market demands it. Ford is a dinosaur if they don't keep up.

As far as electricity generation, look up Gen4 Nuclear. Dang things can use spent fuel from old plants which kills two birds with one stone by getting rid of old storage sites no one wants. Enjoy! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_IV_reactor
Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let the market dictate where we go. Prepper hipsters will be fine with an EV, they aren't going anywhere.

Ryan79260

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In 2031... My January 2021 Reservation will finally be assigned a VIN and delivery estimate provided. MY31 Baby! Can you imagine the G.O.A.T. Modes available on that beast?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you don’t see an economic recession or rising fuel prices in the next 10yrs??

i wish I shared your optimism.
well that's very possible and most likely probable but i dont think it will happen at launch .... not the first 3 or 4 years .... I HOPE

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In ten years we may see batteries store a ton and charge super fast. And hyper-efficient solar panels. And you'll only be able to buy gasoline for special events.

I also suspect that actually happens conversions of ICE to battery will be a massive industry.
Worth noting, and take it for what it is, but Elon Musk said he doesn't think solar panels will be able to be improved any more than they already are. Besides, after what Texas went through last month, I'd prefer not to rely on hippy power to keep my family warm. I know the current Administration would love to see more of that however.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will have between 120-140,000 miles on it.

Paint likely fading. Have scratches down the sides. Maybe 35" tires, maybe 33".

Black wrap on the hood is a possibility. Winch and lights, too.

Don't care about what Ford does with the line once I got mine.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worth noting, and take it for what it is, but Elon Musk said he doesn't think solar panels will be able to be improved any more than they already are. Besides, after what Texas went through last month, I'd prefer not to rely on hippy power to keep my family warm. I know the current Administration would love to see more of that however.
Solar is about 20% efficient. And it’s pretty young. I suspect there’s room for growth.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand that D.C. is realizing pushing electric cars and green energy is lowering the taxes they get from fuel purchase so they will be taxing e-cars heavily in the near future. I'll stick with gasoline. Not being political, just being logical on why I chose fuel over electric.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It will be discontinued by then and Ford will let old and new people fight on the bronco7g forum

Sponsored

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this was a thread more about where Bronco will be vs. where our Broncos will be...but I have a specific plan for mine.

I'm an airline pilot so spend half my life in hotels living out of my suitcase. That means that when I'm home with my wife and daughter I want to make every minute count. Growing up my family had a cabin (we still have the cabin thankfully) up in Gilpin County Colorado (near Black Hawk). It's beautiful up there...but as the years have worn on the road nearby has gotten incredibly busy and there are now neighbors. It's on 5 acres but you can still see other houses. And the road noise? When I was a kid you could sit on the deck and not hear anything. Now cars go by constantly (it's actually interesting how the area remade itself once gambling was legalized @27ish years ago).

Anyway I want my daughter to have a place that's "ours" but away from everything. So here's my plan: I grew up fishing so want to buy property with fishable water on it. Unfortunately it appears through my (admittedly non-exhaustive search) that property in the mountain states with fishable water on the property are insanely expensive. However...Alaska still has tons of land like that. So in about 10 years hopefully I'll be in a position to buy some land within 1-3 hours of either Anchorage or Fairbanks (don't know enough about either yet to make a decision) and have an A frame cabin built (something small and off-grid for use Spring-Fall. I have a fantasy about fishing off the small deck with my daughter while my wife (not someone who likes fishing) watches netflix via Starlink. If we are really off-grid (obviously if I can hook up to power all that much easier) solar for power, well for water, septic tank?, and big propane tank for gas+heat as well as a wood burning stove.

The Bronco (now 10ish years old) will be in a storage facility with power so I can hook up a trickle charger. When I fly into the city closest to my cabin I'll take an uber (or a cab or thumb it...whatever) to the storage facility. Hop in my Bronco, swing by a grocery store to stock up, and head to the A frame. When I'm done with my trip just do all the above in reverse. I figure a Bronco would be a perfect car for Alaska. I'll have my 2031/32 Bronco sitting in my garage at home...wherever that is (hopefully still in the Denver area but we'll see where the years take us).

Sorry for the wall of text but just wanted to share my idea of what a little slice of heaven will look like.

That said - if anyone here is from Alaska I would *love* to pick your brain and get recommendations for locations...

Thanks for reading :)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think the demise of the FJ was due to fuel prices and a poor economy. If Ford doesn’t adapt to market changes, the same thing will happen. There will probably have to be a hybrid or electric Bronco in the near future, but not necessarily for the long run.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am about as optimistic as it gets. With sedans dead and sports cars dying out, the “Sport SUV” is going to be truly the future. And the Bronco along with Wrangler will dominate that market that will continue growing.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronco selling 200k+ a year by 2030.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am about as optimistic as it gets. With sedans dead and sports cars dying out, the “Sport SUV” is going to be truly the future. And the Bronco along with Wrangler will dominate that market that will continue growing.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bronco selling 200k+ a year by 2030.
I really do see this happening. The affordable sports cars will be all but dead. Wranglers and Broncos everywhere...

I just hope (but also doubt) that at least one of them will come with a stick. I honestly can't see myself buying a new car after this again. I think I'm just going to stick to old 90's Ford trucks until I'm dead lol.
Sponsored