First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be in my driveway cleaning the rust off the frame prepping to sell it for whatever is next.
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If sales fall the prices will drop and that means more of them for my collection. I really like the bright side of this

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dead thread but too funny to pass up.

In 10 years, Bronco will be in a class action lawsuit, because reservation holders had to wait over 5 years to get a Bronco that should've been delivered based off of a time stamp and not dealership ridiculous allocation system.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About that ... Less than an order of magnitude change in 100 years. Don't hold your breath for the magical pixie-powered batteries that will make all the limitations and tons of toxic waste disappear.
So much misinformation out there that has people believing in pixie dust theories and other nonsensical narratives. We bought a Tesla in early 2015, not because it was greener(our SUV is a diesel) but because, at the time, it saved my wife about 4 hours of weekly work commute time by allowing her in the carpool lanes in the nightmarish traffic between San Jose and Sacramento.

Electric cars are a bit cleaner only if the electricity used to charge them is cleaner. 64% of our electricity comes from natural gas and coal in the US. Transmission line losses mean that the 100mpg rating of my Tesla is really quite a bit less than that and much worse in cold weather. Of course, you also have to account for all the energy and other environmental impacts required to produce the batteries. Tesla already had to replace my $15,000 battery under warranty.

In my case, the Tesla is my daily driver and is currently charged by natural gas, but next year, when we retire to our cabin, it will be charged by a coal-fired plant 50 miles from our home. China, India, and other developing countries need a lot more cheap electricity(and have every right to make it) and have built over 160 new coal-fired plants in the last few years, with many more on the way. Worldwide C02 emissions will continue to rise for at least the next 15 years. I won't debate whether human CO2 emissions are statistically significant because after reading dozens of books on the matter, it's clear that nobody really knows the answer. None of the global warming models have an accurate track record, but COVID has shown us that alarmism is a religion for many, and all logic is thrown out the window. I still see people riding around in their cars alone with masks on, WTF???

IMO the only logical solution if lower emissions are the goal is a lot more nuclear-fired plants(countries like France are 70% nuclear), but this will take a mind and political shift and many decades to implement.

In the meantime, I'll keep informing my green leaning friends that it takes 32 pounds of coal to charge my Tesla. :)

Last edited:

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

In 10 years, Bronco will be in a class action lawsuit, because reservation holders had to wait over 5 years to get a Bronco that should've been delivered based off of a time stamp and not dealership ridiculous allocation system.
When we put in the reservations there was no mention of Dealer Allocation. Attached file is the reservation FAQ page from October of 2020, no mention of DA. First mention was in December of 2020 in an email. They made us line up and then forgot us.
#ReservationsoverAllocations

And as for the original post, I hope to have received the Bronco I ordered by then. Having my doubts that it will ever happen.
Ford Bronco Where will the Bronco be in 10 years? reservation 10.16.PNG

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought a Gladiator. The way Ford treats people and the lack of any values, I just can't support that. I know FCA is no perfect company but I found what I wanted on a lot and got it below MSRP easily.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FJ Cruiser was hit hard by the 2008 economic woos resulting in higher gas prices and huge decline in buying power ..... I don't see that happening to the Bronco
Like the current $5.00 a gallon gas and the looming recession? Probably not as bad as 2008 but the shine eventually wears off of everything. Especially when mass produced.

We are all participants in the "gotta have it" culture.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So much misinformation out there that has people believing in pixie dust theories and other nonsensical narratives. We bought a Tesla in early 2015, not because it was greener(our SUV is a diesel) but because, at the time, it saved my wife about 4 hours of work commute time by allowing her in the carpool lanes in the nightmarish traffic between San Jose and Sacramento.

Electric cars are a bit cleaner only if the electricity used to charge them is cleaner. 64% of our electricity comes from natural gas and coal in the US. Transmission line losses mean that the 100mpg rating of my Tesla is really quite a bit less than that and much worse in cold weather. Of course, you also have to account for all the energy and other environmental impacts required to produce the batteries. Tesla already had to replace my $15,000 battery under warranty.

In my case, the Tesla is my daily driver and is currently charged by natural gas, but next year, when we retire to our cabin, it will be charged by a coal-fired plant 50 miles from our home. China, India, and other developing countries need a lot more cheap electricity(and have every right to make it) and have built over 160 new coal-fired plants in the last few years, with many more on the way. Worldwide C02 emissions will continue to rise for at least the next 15 years. I won't debate whether human CO2 emissions are statistically significant because after reading dozens of books on the matter, it's clear that nobody really knows the answer. None of the global warming models have an accurate track record, but COVID has shown us that alarmism is a religion for many, and all logic is thrown out the window. I still see people riding around in their cars alone with masks on, WTF???

IMO the only logical solution if lower emissions are the goal is a lot more nuclear-fired plants(countries like France are 70% nuclear), but this will take a mind and political shift and many decades to implement.

In the meantime, I'll keep informing my green leaning friends that it takes 32 pounds of coal to charge my Tesla. :)
What do you think of distributed power generation, as a means to reduced some of the issues mentioned?

Electric affords the possibility of each household generating power, hopefully someday with reasonable expense and environmental impact. Rather than relying on large coal/gas/nuclear plants having to generate massive amounts of power on site and distribute.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully out of Dealership’s hands and in their own delivery centers.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was just sitting here thinking where will the Bronco be in 10 years? Still competing neck and neck with Jeep hopefully... I dont expect of course sold out units only available via reservation after 2022 of course, but will Ford be able to continue to crank out a respectable number of units year over year? What do you think they need to do to not become the FJ Cruiser? Where sales were off the charts the first two years, but after the initial hype wore off so did sales.
Hydrogen fueled electric part-time hovercraft.

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Refresh coming in 2024-25.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
where will the Bronco be in 10 years?
In 10 years (perhaps sooner) the way things are going the most desirable feature might be "bulletproof"

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

this post is aging well.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you think of distributed power generation, as a means to reduced some of the issues mentioned?

Electric affords the possibility of each household generating power, hopefully someday with reasonable expense and environmental impact. Rather than relying on large coal/gas/nuclear plants having to generate massive amounts of power on site and distribute.
It's not going to solve our energy problems. Solar is the main form of distributed power generation and is only practical in some parts of the country. It's also expensive, and people move on average every 7 years before the payback time of the initial cost. 86% of our electricity comes from petroleum/coal/NG(61%), nuclear(19%) and hydropower.

The only solution that I see as cost effective/practical if lower CO2 emissions are the goal, and assuming you could get India and China to participate in achieving that goal(a big if), is dramatically increasing the amount of nuclear power.
Sponsored