First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m about 3400 miles in, with 32% oil life remaining on factory oil according to app. 2 Ford dealers in my town and neither particularly impress me. Any advantage to dealer changing your oil over a Quick Lube type place? Can the latter reset the oil life thing or how does that work?

Pardon the newbie question.
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m about 3400 miles in, with 32% oil life remaining on factory oil according to app. 2 Ford dealers in my town and neither particularly impress me. Any advantage to dealer changing your oil over a Quick Lube type place? Can the latter reset the oil life thing or how does that work?

Pardon the newbie question.
I personally would never use a quick lube place.

Why not learn how to do it and do it yourself? It's really simple and you will know it was done right and save some money.

OP
OP
Patriotic

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, but I agree with this poster’s response to a similar question:

“I agree that doing all of your own service is rewarding. However, fluids are a PITA. Not because they are difficult but because you need to dispose of the used stuff. Yes, if a store sells oil and filters they are required by law to take the used stuff back. Not all of them do. Also, you need to transport the fluids and that can be very messy. Those 2 items are why I will have an independent shop do my oil.”

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the Ford maintenance plan so oil, belts, hoses, etc… are covered. The biggest plus for the dealership changing your oil, is that if there is a warranty issue, there is an official Ford record that you had the maintenance kept up.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, but I agree with this poster’s response to a similar question:

“I agree that doing all of your own service is rewarding. However, fluids are a PITA. Not because they are difficult but because you need to dispose of the used stuff. Yes, if a store sells oil and filters they are required by law to take the used stuff back. Not all of them do. Also, you need to transport the fluids and that can be very messy. Those 2 items are why I will have an independent shop do my oil.”
Well, even if your not impressed with your dealer, I would have them do it before a quick lube place.

Start looking for an independent mechanic that has good reviews/reputation and use them.

Sponsored

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do my own oil changes, and have a word doc that mimics the dealer work order (vehicle info, work performed, parts used, date, etc.).

Save that file along with receipts for oil/filter and upload to FordPass to record that I did the service.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have bash plates the quick lube may not want to mess with it. Go to a dealership, they can't say anything about factory features...

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Dealer. Usually a coupon or ford pass points and can book online in advanced so can just drop off and come back hour or two later.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find a dealership you trust and use them for your maintenance or find a good independent shop.

The major advantage to going to the dealer, epecially during the warranty period, is that they will have no reason to deny a claim based on service history or lack of.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealer. Other than the fact they put the wrong tranny fluid in my old Ranger once and had to replace all the seals, they've been pretty good. Oh and kept my air cleaner assembly from my Thunderbird. Seriously though, use a Ford delaer unless you do it yourself.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Service department is usually a whole different set of people than the sales team.
Give your local Ford a try and see how Service Dept. treats you.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan on going to my dealer for the first few times.

Separate question - rotate tires (incl spare) every oil change? Or no?

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I prefer to use Amsoil, forces me to do it myself, it's worth it.... my gen 1 raptor has 190k and purrs like a kitten.
Sponsored