John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What ever happened to Ford's promised off road app? And Alexa (albeit mixed acceptance)? It's been a year since getting my Bronco and the hype has gone to crickets. These features were supposed to be there at launch.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I believe we call that false advertisement. Current business model with many companies, over promise and under deliver.

I doubt we have see the off road app. Which is very sad as I was really looking forward to it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't imagine the off-road app being very good. With OnX and Gaia, I doubt Ford could compete.

I do want to know what happened to Alexa. We are an Amazon household and I was a very much looking for it to having this feature.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine the off-road app being very good. With OnX and Gaia, I doubt Ford could compete.

I do want to know what happened to Alexa. We are an Amazon household and I was a very much looking for it to having this feature.
I have Alexa. Showed up about a week ago after update. Check ford pass app

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m a user of Topo Maps + Pro (with subscription). Gives you the same map access as GAIA. Download the maps to your phone or iPad and put them on the Bronco’s center screen via Car Play. There would be absolutely no reason for Ford to get into this business. As noted above they could not be competitive.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt very much they were going to go at it alone...likely partner with someone for the data. And maybe that was going to be too costly...? 🤷
But they also said we were going to get the ability to record video with the cameras... And that hasn't happened either 😔

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What ever happened to Ford's promised off road app? And Alexa (albeit mixed acceptance)? It's been a year since getting my Bronco and the hype has gone to crickets. These features were supposed to be there at launch.
Have been using Alexa for 7 months on my 2022. Ever since I brought it home so not quite sure why you don't have it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have Alexa. Showed up about a week ago after update. Check ford pass app
Sweet... I'm half tempted to ask the dealer to make sure everything is updated before I take possession in case it bricks the computer.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its better if ford doesn't start making apps. Anything they make will not be better than what other software companies offer

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

a great start would be to improve the app. they removed trips which was one of the best features.

agree with the gaia above, a ford off-road app would never compete and probably be neglected over time.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It'll be released when every order holder gets their Bronco.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond