Sponsored

Whew! Dodged a bullet! (See the Broncos in person!)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to see the Broncos today, in person, finally! Glad we did because the color we picked did not sit well with my wife. Originally, we had picked Cactus Grey from those first promo photos where it looked so amazing to everyone. Then, when the later photos came out, we decided on Area51. The Broncos we had were the black OB and silver Black Diamond that have been making the rounds out west. But they did have an Area51 Bronco Sport, and seeing that in person before we were committed to Area51 was a good thing. She didn't like it. I'm actually good with it. Since white roofs aren't available for '21, we're going to go back to Cactus. :)

We did get a chance to drive* a Bronco Sport Badlands and I'll have to say it's much more substantial in person, particularly from the inside. The hood is much more squared off than the Escape and the roof line is higher and ascends toward the back. People really should stop bagging on the Sport. In Badlands form, it's probably way more than most people need in off-road capability, looks pretty sharp and drives nice.

There were several vintage Broncos on display at the event. Here's my favorite.
Ford Bronco Whew! Dodged a bullet! (See the Broncos in person!) IMG_6283
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my favorite, too - I was showing it to Mrs. D and said, "When I was a kid, this is what 4x4s were like."

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the Sport is a nice vehicle, certainly the nicest in it's class from the looks. When I went to see the big Bronco I looked at the couple the dealer had on the lot, they were all locked and I wasn't interested in a drive but for somebody looking for that size it's certainly a cool new addition and doesn't look like all the other ones out there, where you have to find the brand sticker to know what it actually is, all pretty much look the same.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We did get a chance to drive* a Bronco Sport Badlands and I'll have to say it's much more substantial in person, particularly from the inside. The hood is much more squared off than the Escape and the roof line is higher and ascends toward the back. People really should stop bagging on the Sport. In Badlands form, it's probably way more than most people need in off-road capability, looks pretty sharp and drives nice.
Recently test drove the Sport Badlands at an event and couldn’t agree more. Really neat little rig and super functional in my opinion.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my favorite, too - I was showing it to Mrs. D and said, "When I was a kid, this is what 4x4s were like."
My father-in-law had one just like it when my wife was growing up. Wow, was that one at the Bronco event in such great, unmolested condition. The owner should be proud.
Ford Bronco Whew! Dodged a bullet! (See the Broncos in person!) IMG_6278

Last edited:

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father-in-law had one just like it when my wife was growing up. Wow, was that one in such great, unmolested condition. The owner should be proud.
IMG_6278.jpg
what a beauty! They had an old one at my dealer too, I'm not familiar with the old models, but it was an early one. A bit rusty, but still looking great. Would be fun to have one, but not at what they cost nowadays.
But I so love that Ford decided to put the 'hood fins' on the new one, one of the things that sold me on day one. That and the fully open (no "sports" bar) roof). Can't wait!

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what a beauty! They had an old one at my dealer too, I'm not familiar with the old models, but it was an early one. A bit rusty, but still looking great. Would be fun to have one, but not at what they cost nowadays.
But I so love that Ford decided to put the 'hood fins' on the new one, one of the things that sold me on day one. That and the fully open (no "sports" bar) roof). Can't wait!
Yes, for the price of an old Bronco like this, I could have a Badlands Lux with all the goodies. :) But I do love all of the vintage style that Ford infused into this generation.
Ford Bronco Whew! Dodged a bullet! (See the Broncos in person!) Vintage Bronco Interior

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If for some reason my build gets punted to late '21, I think I will go 99 and roll over to a '22, get Rapid Red and order the white top. :love:
Sponsored