Sponsored

Whew, dodged a bullet.. Wife wanted a Rubicon.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealer is selling their allotment, they probably won’t deal. I know most trucks are still in pretty low supply from Covid. Maybe Jeeps too? I am not looking for one, so not paying attention. My lease is up on my current F150, so before the Bronco schedule came out and I was looking at Rangers, most dealers had little inventory and everything that was allocated was sold as soon as they got the invoice. Next summer will hopefully be better. I still get Z plan through my father in law and the dealers here all honor it, so pretty easy for me regarding price. Last time I considered a Jeep it was the same thing. Sport, Sahara had some pricing flexibility, none on Rubicon. Ford extended my lease month to month for 12 months, so I get to keep my current truck, no additional fees until the Bronco comes in, that was a surprise and made me even more of a Ford fan boy.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford extended my lease month to month for 12 months, so I get to keep my current truck, no additional fees until the Bronco comes in, that was a surprise and made me even more of a Ford fan boy.
That's pretty cool!

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I adore that color. My color dilemma would have never existed if that color was available on the Bronco.
You can always get a wrap..

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can always get a wrap..
Thought about it, but I'm to OCD to be able to handle the door jams being a different color... ?

These are some of the reasons Ford was able to get people to pay $10k for painted stripes on the 2020 GT500. lol

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got a gladiator rubicon for 500 below invoice. It took a hell of a lot haggling, and had to get up and start to walk out. $4500 below MSRP. But the gladiator is a little more of a niche vehicle. So I don’t think it’s selling as easily as the wrangler. Not a lot of the them on the lots though. Maybe 3-5 models.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty Jeep. Replaces anvil as my favorite color on the Rubi.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Around our area you can negotiate 10% off MSRP for a Rubicon but some dealers are willing to keep the inventory on their lot until they get the right buyer that wants to pay full boat.

People are lining up to pay MSRP for the Bronco, but I am going to wait until inventory starts to show up on the dealers lots. I am patient

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That Jeep looks great! I wouldn't call that "dodging a bullet" - I would love to have that Jeep. Especially if I wanted a dedicated rock crawler. My thought has been the Jeep is the best pure rock crawler, but the Bronco's advantage is that it's a better "all-arounder." When we bought our Jeep we used the Costco car buying program, which is like $500 over invoice. The dealership mentioned that is by far the best you will do on a Jeep, and that they typically don't offer too many incentives on the Wranglers.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a beautiful jeep. If they start really discounting them to compete with bronco I would definitely consider one. It would have to be $5k cheaper than bronco though.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With COVID, everyone wants a vehicle that can "escape". Rubicons have deals at year end, but this year may even be different since inventory is lower. Used vehicles are even selling at a premium.

Strange economy this is. So many out of work, but those who are working seem to be thriving and able to buy whatever.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco reveal came at the best possible time for them to market it to someone like myself, early 30s and bitten by the camping/overlanding bug. Been obsessively watching TrailRecon videos on youtube and then they announced this. I was looking at defender early on but our dealer is asking way above msrp as they have over 12 defenders where most LR dealers dont have more than 2 if any.

Not going to lie though, I've been tempted by the wrangler on several occasions, especially because of watching trail recon videos. Holding out for the Bronco though

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'21 JLU's are starting to trickle out to owners. Earlier this Summer I was seriously considering a new Rubi, but same thing ... MSRP. I was like... um... NO! Dealers just had no inventory.

Not gonna lie though... if I happen to run across a '21 Rubi at some point, and the pricing is right... well...

Jeep should totally throw in another $1,500 if you can show them a Bronco reservation.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep should totally throw in another $1,500 if you can show them a Bronco reservation.
If they haven't thought of this and how to capitalize on the delay in the Broncos then they need a new marketing department.

And, that is a good looking Jeep, I can see how your wife was tempted. Mine has been driving ours since Covid hit and wants to keep it and trade in the Flex instead.
Sponsored