Sponsored

Which 40 or 50 inch light bars are you planning or using?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I installed a 40" curved light bar with the diffuser after the fact. Definitely install when the light bar is still on the workbench. At 1st. i installed the bar and added two (full length) door edge guard to the lower heat sink fins. That took care of the whistle. Then i ordered the diffuser and installed it with 3M dbl. sided tape. Works great! Took above 90% of the wind noise. No issues with the 3M since the install vs using rivets.
I definitely need to do this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you go. IMO.... the 40" diffuser is a little short. They started with a 40" (before) they bend it. The instructions say to center and evenly space it. See pics

Note: you cant see it from the front head on.

20220327_185724.jpg

20220327_185706.jpg

20220327_185835.jpg
I'm guessing that if mine is already wired, then the 3M tape is the way to go. I can unmount and flip it over and rest it on the soft top and install. What width tape did you use? Thanks.

MikeStLouis

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was looking at the Baja desighns xl linkable light bar but it’s so expensive dive at 2000 plus is there any way to run this setup or any setup that mounts to the roof were the wire is not ran on the outside of the windshield I think that looks like shit
I actually bought the rubber piece, from KC, that you stick to the windshield. I was doing this until I could get a shop to install it more hidden. BUT………it really looks fine the way it is. That rubber strip is hardly noticeable and I might NOT pay a shop to do it, now. Certainly, as was my intention, it is a good temporary solution - so you can use the lights until you pay someone.….but could also be the perm solution.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing that if mine is already wired, then the 3M tape is the way to go. I can unmount and flip it over and rest it on the soft top and install. What width tape did you use? Thanks.
Yeah, that's what I had to do... I used 1" and ran a 2nd strip in the middle. Dont bother, too much sticks out.

Fyi, I saw bullet connectors that will fit on the bracket side for easy removal.

Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey did you drill or did you find another way to wire it?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to install mine on my Bronco yet. Thanks to Ford and the trucking companies, I still don't have my built Bronco, still sitting in Michigan waiting to be shipped. But when I do, I will be drilling and seal with abundant amount of black RTV under the BAMF bracket. To me, that's the cleanest way to do it.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a full Rigid setup and am using the Rigid Adapt 40" light bar on the roof.

It's a little pricy but I love the GPS features and ability to set the backlight color.
20220411_154036.jpg

Doing between 60-70 in this little video down a rough road at night and the lighting is plenty bright to push it faster. I got a little air at the end of the video.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Running a Ridged 40 inch curved. See before and afters at night.

Ford Bronco Which 40 or 50 inch light bars are you planning or using? 20220410_153515 - Copy
Ford Bronco Which 40 or 50 inch light bars are you planning or using? thumbnail (1)
Ford Bronco Which 40 or 50 inch light bars are you planning or using? thumbnail (2)
Ford Bronco Which 40 or 50 inch light bars are you planning or using? thumbnail (3)

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They just got back in stock yesterday and I ordered the RTR light bar that will be delivered this week. Just Checked their website and they’ve already sold out of their current inventory again.

How do you like the RTR lights? Any wind noise?
I have noticed that the soft top seems to be making more noise since I've gotten these, I don't know if it's because there is more turbulent wind flowing across the top created by the light bars, It actually sounds more like the rear side windows..

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the purpose of some of these light bar setups? Backup lighting for little league games?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed that the soft top seems to be making more noise since I've gotten these, I don't know if it's because there is more turbulent wind flowing across the top created by the light bars, It actually sounds more like the rear side windows..
Same. It’s not terrible with the top off but at highway speeds the noise is pretty bad.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the purpose of some of these light bar setups? Backup lighting for little league games?
When I was into the sport-tuner, subcompact, euro tuner mindset I never understood the light bar fad.

Today I saw a WT with the factory Ford Rigid 40in light bar and it looked so awesome.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ended up installing the RTR light bar with some cheap 7" flood lights today. Not sure exactly how I'm going to wire yet, but it's hanging down the window at the moment.

Hate the look of light bars and wanted something functional but classic.

20220515_090025.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: