First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a big fan of high flow, louder exhaust on a 4 and 6cyl. With that being said the MBRP doesn't sound all that bad. Just gives a little bit of rumble without sounding ricey.
Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m very happy with my Flowmaster Flow FX axle back kit. Installed the 3rd day I owned it. Sounds great and looks awesome.

You can see it and hear it here:

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Out of the 8 systems we've installed, tested and reviewed in my personal opinion the AWE sounds the best to me. Not only does their dual tip and single tip catback sound great even just the bash guard setup sounds really good.

AWE

Roush sounds really good - Nice deep bass tone to it. No rasp.

MRT Trail rated - I liked this system a lot too. Drove a 12 hour trip with it on and throughout the mountains on some trails and it was awesome.

MRT King of the Hill

Kooks - Very subtle sounding but a good improvement over stock. No drone or rasp. Definitely for those who want a better deeper sound for their bronco but not anything aggressive.

Thermal R&D - Sounds great. Subtle while cruising but a good growl out of it when you get on it.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you guys with.

Thanks!

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the AFE Vulcan cat-back, and love it.

I just wanted more flow from quality build/materials - I'm not into an aggressive or obnoxious sound, at least from the 2.3L. The Motoroso sound tests showed only a slight increase in decibels, it really just changes the tone to a deeper, throatier note (no drone).

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of the 8 systems we've installed, tested and reviewed in my personal opinion the AWE sounds the best to me. Not only does their dual tip and single tip catback sound great even just the bash guard setup sounds really good.

AWE

Roush sounds really good - Nice deep bass tone to it. No rasp.

MRT Trail rated - I liked this system a lot too. Drove a 12 hour trip with it on and throughout the mountains on some trails and it was awesome.

MRT King of the Hill

Kooks - Very subtle sounding but a good improvement over stock. No drone or rasp. Definitely for those who want a better deeper sound for their bronco but not anything aggressive.

Thermal R&D - Sounds great. Subtle while cruising but a good growl out of it when you get on it.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you guys with.

Thanks!
I genuinely appreciate your insight/opinion. Coming from someone who has had first-hand experience like this is fantastic.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am more interested in a proper down pipe for some actual performance than making noise out the back....

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems like the flowmaster flowfx axle back dual tip sounds the best. however, it also seems like it has alot of drone.

Based on the videos I have seen. I would say this seems like the running order.

1. AWE OFG dual tip catback
2. Flowmaster flowfx axle back dual tip
3. Borla axle back s-type
4. MBRP armour pro catback
5. Kooks axle back dual tip
6. AFE Power Vulcan catback dual tip
7. The Rest... Magnaflow, MRT, Thermal R&D, Roush.

This is totally subjective.. and ya V6s sound like ass but we still want an exhaust. Trying to make my decision before pulling the trigger but I think based on price the flowmaster fx is on top. But for overall, it seems like AWE has it.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7L Sasquatch with the Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back Exhaust. Super easy install literally took me about 30mins in total to remove the stock muffler/exhaust and install the new hanger and Exhaust.

I will take some more videos of the exhaust but sounds nice not too loud really inside the cabin jst cruising, unless on it is when you really hear it get loud.

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Best sound is going to be very subjective. A great sounding exhaust at idle can sound terrible at different RPM ranges. The in cabin sound will sound different from how it sounds outside the vehicle. Sticking 2k RPM on a city street to maintain speed will sound different than coasting at 2k rpm without giving throttle. Maintaining 80+ on the highway will sound like a small outboard engined skiff, cruising on a lake, especially with the wind noise lol. I have AWE and have tried the 5" single tip, 4" dual tips, and the high tuck bash guard. The bash guard is the least obnoxious. The single tip is in the middle, and the dual tips are the loudest. I still need to try the single exit with a 4" tip to see if there is a difference. Overall, I really like the AWE, especially at idle and low rpms. Different GOAT modes will also change the sound, due to the rpm differences between gears. Sport will have more wailing sounds if you are heavy on the pedal, and will also give a more pronounced gurgle when letting off the pedal and letting the engine downshift on its own. Normal and Eco modes keep the rpms lower between shifts so the sound is more mellow, unless you get heavy footed.

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best sound is going to be very subjective.
100% I fully went in this looking for opinions, not facts. This forum is full of opinionate people (myself not excluded) so it was a great place to ask a subjective question =)

OP
OP
A51Asheville

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Save you $$$. You can't make the V6 sound good. There is little to no performance gain to be had in the exhaust. You can make it louder but not better.
Not looking to make my Bronco faster...it's a refrigerator on wheels.

marcacier

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST 2020
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guys
Just put an AWE single side cat back on my 2.3 2 doors Badlands and I feel like I've lost 20% power.
I Think I would need a new tue to fix it but I will go back to stock and sell it instead...
Sponsored