Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Guys
Just put an AWE single side cat back on my 2.3 2 doors Badlands and I feel like I've lost 20% power.
I Think I would need a new tue to fix it but I will go back to stock and sell it instead...
Don’t see how this would be possible. It’s just a catback and shouldn’t affect power at all.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would add a catback exhaust realizing its just a noise maker, because the 2.3 is so quiet, with the 7MT, I can barely hear or feel the revs With the stock exhaust. An aftermarket exhaust would help.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7L Sasquatch with the Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back Exhaust. Super easy install literally took me about 30mins in total to remove the stock muffler/exhaust and install the new hanger and Exhaust.

I will take some more videos of the exhaust but sounds nice not too loud really inside the cabin jst cruising, unless on it is when you really hear it get loud.

This is what I currently have on my Bronco and I'm still debating how I feel about it. Been running with it for about a month now and sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't lol

Sponsored
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is anyone running the Ford Performance axle-back system? That's the one I'm considering.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I currently have on my Bronco and I'm still debating how I feel about it. Been running with it for about a month now and sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't lol
I'm the same way at times but its more when I want to talk on the phone. But either way it's so loud for other in the truck when I'm driving. Or sounds like im in a wind tunnel to them. Not sure if it's due to the mic location or what. I will say it sounds the deepest out of all of them. That's what I like out of it.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stick with the original. I spent time researching exhausts for my F150 Raptor and they all sound like crap. If you're looking for that deep powerful tone, you'll never get it from a V6. JMHO

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corsa..

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m very happy with my Flowmaster Flow FX axle back kit. Installed the 3rd day I owned it. Sounds great and looks awesome.

You can see it and hear it here:

Cause you have a hard top. Open your back window and drive around a bit, you will understand where us soft top folsk find this to be a polarizing exhaust.
It seems like the flowmaster flowfx axle back dual tip sounds the best. however, it also seems like it has alot of drone.

Based on the videos I have seen. I would say this seems like the running order.

1. AWE OFG dual tip catback
2. Flowmaster flowfx axle back dual tip
3. Borla axle back s-type
4. MBRP armour pro catback
5. Kooks axle back dual tip
6. AFE Power Vulcan catback dual tip
7. The Rest... Magnaflow, MRT, Thermal R&D, Roush.

This is totally subjective.. and ya V6s sound like ass but we still want an exhaust. Trying to make my decision before pulling the trigger but I think based on price the flowmaster fx is on top. But for overall, it seems like AWE has it.
This list is 100% influenced by what top you are running. If you have a soft top, you absolutly need to be on the quieter end of the spectrum to avoid the drone. The pole should base this list based on the criteria of which top you own. The Flow FX sounds great until you drive on the highway for an hour with the soft top windows out.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The best sounding exhaust on a Bronco is by far a Magnaflow Street series catback dual tips.

IMG_20230227_170105.jpg

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You need to hear a Porsche 911 GT3 rip then
Completely different rev zones and resultant sound. Otherwise I agree with many of the comments regarding a V-6. Even Ford's 3.5 sounds glorious in a Ford GT.

Each of the manufacturer's listed in this poll have more than one system to offer, so I think they're all capable of higher volumes. I find videoed sound clips leave much to be desired too. It's really a crap shoot and some of the stainless versions can get a little spendy. It gets worse on dual exhausts systems for V-8s.

I'm not much for loud exhausts, but you can't tell me there isn't some restriction in that oil drum under the cargo area. I installed a Borla Touring high climber on my Wildtrac and I wouldn't mind it being even quieter. I can't imagine some of the these louder systems don't drone at some rpm. Any level of drone would be a deal breaker for me. Drone doesn't care what top you have or how much sound proofing you've added to the cab. Maybe I'm just hyper sensitive to it.

In my 2015 F-150 eco-boost 3.5, I bought a 3" MBRP cat back and substituted Magnaflow's biggest oval muffler and a resonator to it, which were both straight through designs. It was perfect for me. Only slightly louder than stock and decreased turbo lag significantly. Pretty sure this Borla system can be modified similarly. It's acceptable now, but I wonder what a down pipe might do to it.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best sounding exhaust on a Bronco is by far a Magnaflow Street series catback dual tips.

Ford Bronco Which aftermarket exhaust sounds best? IMG_20230227_170105
Their site doesn't show this cat back system available.🤔
Sponsored