Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my plan is to wear out the 4cyl behind a manual then swap to a coyote motor down the road. Do I want the 4.7 axles now?

Maybe it will be easy enough to source them from junk yards later, are any other components tougher than the 4.46? Like drive shaft/ujoint/knuckles etc?
Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The crawler gear should be sufficient to get you close enough. You may enjoy the highway capability of the 4.46s. And why use a junk yard gear set thats been abused enough to end up in a junk yard? Get peace of mind with a nice new ring & pinion.

OP
OP
DustyBronco

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't wear that 4 banger out, that will take too long, throw that V-8 in as soon as you get that puppy home!
As soon as I get around to cashing my winning powerball ticket

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If my plan is to wear out the 4cyl behind a manual then swap to a coyote motor down the road. Do I want the 4.7 axles now?

Maybe it will be easy enough to source them from junk yards later, are any other components tougher than the 4.46? Like drive shaft/ujoint/knuckles etc?
Why not wait for the warthog? Power numbers will likely be comparable and the engine will actually be designed to fit in the bay..
Sponsored