Sponsored

Which Bronco is right for me? I’m thinking of putting a deposit on new Bronco vs purchasing a 2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope, I was seriously cross shopping both. Both have excellent 4WD systems but one is a behemoth and the other allows for doors off fun.

Both are similar in price when cross shopping with the Bronco Wildtrack trim.
It just seems like every time someone gives you a reason to choose Bronco (and this is a Bronco forum last time I checked) you respond with what sounds like sales and marketing information on the Sequoia, like you don't want us to help you decide anything as much as you want to tell us how wonderful the Sequoia is. Kind of like you work for Toyota.??

I wished you worked for Honda instead. I would so love to engage in a good argument with a Honda troll so it gets back to Honda how lame it is that they didn't make the Passport a true off-roader to compete with Jeep (and now Bronco).
Sponsored

OP
OP

ben_7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX STi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The space is very similar, but the Bronco is wider in and out.

The disco I drive is about the same size as a Bronco inside, with a much larger area behind the 2nd row and less leg room in the 2nd row. My family wouldn’t fit without us putting all the crap we need to camp on the roof.
I wouldn’t buy a Jeep because of reliability issues I’ve been hearing about. Which sucks because it looks awesome and it’s a very competent off-roader.

I was considering a used FJ Cruiser at one point but my wife doesn’t like how it looks.

Also the Sequoia does come with a rear diff locker I believe and the TRD Pro version comes with Fox shocks and rigid fog lights.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t buy a Jeep because of reliability issues I’ve been hearing about. Which sucks because it looks awesome and it’s a very competent off-roader.

I was considering a used FJ Cruiser at one point but my wife doesn’t like how it looks.

Also the Sequoia does come with a rear diff locker I believe and the TRD Pro version comes with Fox shocks and rigid fog lights.
I just meant look at the Jeep to see the space. It’s a lot smaller than a Sequoia, and the Bronco will be too.

OP
OP

ben_7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX STi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It just seems like every time someone gives you a reason to choose Bronco (and this is a Bronco forum last time I checked) you respond with what sounds like sales and marketing information on the Sequoia, like you don't want us to help you decide anything as much as you want to tell us how wonderful the Sequoia is. Kind of like you work for Toyota.??

I wished you worked for Honda instead. I would so love to engage in a good argument with a Honda troll so it gets back to Honda how lame it is that they didn't make the Passport a true off-roader to compete with Jeep (and now Bronco).
Haha that’s so true about the Passport, I totally agree with you on how it’s not a competent off-roader in my opinion.

I do not work for Toyota and I don’t mean to sound favorable toward Toyota, but they do provide some good competition to chose from, at least for me and my family.

I do like the Bronco which is why I posted on here in order to get some opinions from people already in line to purchase a Bronco so that I can sway my decision toward the Bronco because honestly, the only thing holding me back from putting my deposit on a new Bronco is checking the reliability and checking the interior space when we can sit in one at the dealership.

If those last checkboxes are checked for us, we might put the deposit on a Bronco Wildtrack with the Sasquatch package if we can actually get one next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

ben_7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX STi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just meant look at the Jeep to see the space. It’s a lot smaller than a Sequoia, and the Bronco will be too.
Thanks for the input, but if I can get the reliability and interior space boxes checked off after my wife and I hopefully sit in one at a dealership next year, we might go with the Bronco (over the Jeep and the Sequoia) depending on if we can actually get one next year. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

ben_7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX STi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
May be moving into 2023 territory at this point...
Lol if it gets to 2023 before we can secure a Bronco, I might end up getting a Sequoia or a Landcruiser.

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol if it gets to 2023 before we can secure a Bronco, I might end up getting a Sequoia or a Landcruiser.
Orders for 2021s closed in mid September. Not probable, but not out of the realm of possibility that the 2022 production run is already spoken for. Not sure if they are going to allow dealers to order early 2022 stock in between, but dealer stock while there are still factory orders out there are going to cost you...

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Buy the Sequoia probably make your wife happy.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There won't be any dealer stock until all reservations are fulfilled. All 2021s are spoken for but it's unclear how deep into 2022 the orders will get.

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say buy Sequoia and start adventuring right away, your kids are getting older every day. .

Your reservation for Bronco is too late in the queue to get it soon.

I don't know why some of us are so upset that you are cross shopping the 2. It's clear your goals, and both vehicles would achieve your goals in some way. I think you don't have much experience in rough offroading that this group is so proud of. For this reason Bronco might be too specifically built for your needs.

I'd say focus less on the rig itself, and more on the adventure and stories you'll create and get started right away. Sounds like Sequoia will be fully capable of helping you do that.

OP
OP

ben_7

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX STi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd say buy Sequoia and start adventuring right away, your kids are getting older every day. .

Your reservation for Bronco is too late in the queue to get it soon.

I don't know why some of us are so upset that you are cross shopping the 2. It's clear your goals, and both vehicles would achieve your goals in some way. I think you don't have much experience in rough offroading that this group is so proud of. For this reason Bronco might be too specifically built for your needs.

I'd say focus less on the rig itself, and more on the adventure and stories you'll create and get started right away. Sounds like Sequoia will be fully capable of helping you do that.
Thanks very much for this post as this is probably one of the best posts I've read on this thread!

Yeah, I'm more of a performance car enthusiast than an off-roader (although I'm trying to get into off-roading slowly).

And you're right, it's about the adventures and stories that are created together as a family and while the Sequoia might not be setup for wild off-roading, it can handle almost everything short of intense rock crawling while giving us the interior space. :)

Maybe I'll buy the Sequoia and a Polaris UTV that the Sequoia can tow and get the best of both worlds! lol

With that said, I would have really considered the Bronco if one was available for purchase next year, but if it's going to be 2023 before I can get one, I will probably get the Sequoia and purchase a Bronco later on down the road.

Thanks again for your input!

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks very much for this post as this is probably one of the best posts I've read on this thread!

Yeah, I'm more of a performance car enthusiast than an off-roader (although I'm trying to get into off-roading slowly).

And you're right, it's about the adventures and stories that are created together as a family and while the Sequoia might not be setup for wild off-roading, it can handle almost everything short of intense rock crawling while giving us the interior space. :)

Maybe I'll buy the Sequoia and a Polaris UTV that the Sequoia can tow and get the best of both worlds! lol

With that said, I would have really considered the Bronco if one was available for purchase next year, but if it's going to be 2023 before I can get one, I will probably get the Sequoia and purchase a Bronco later on down the road.

Thanks again for your input!
No problem. Also seriously consider the new 4runner. I'd put that between Bronco and Sequoia. More updated, much better aftermarket support for overlanding which is what you aim to do in my opinion. Just YouTube overland 4runner and watch for a while, you'll see way more of those than Sequoia. I think you said earlier that it's not as much space as Sequoia but I'm not sure about that. Plus with the aftermarket, roof racks and stuff, overland trailers, that can be fixed. There's already 2 families with kids who live out of their overland 4runners and have YouTube channels
Sponsored