cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which colors do yall think will hide scratches the best? I tend to go down a lot of tight trails and really dont want to scratch my Bronco all to hell. I know lighter colors tend to be best, but I can't choose white because my brother is getting white. Cactus gray is also out of the question simply because I feel like 80% of Broncos will be that color and I want to be different. My 2 favs are probably race red and carbonized grey, but not sure how they will handle scratches. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of just getting a clear wrap on the sides, once I start hitting tighter trails, and get the color I want, CO in my case. Which is most likely not an easy color to touch up w/o painting a whole panel. Won't be a 100% protection, but should help prevent pinstriping from twigs and bushes?
I might be wrong, interested in input from those that might have done this, so far it's just an "this might work" idea on my side.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which colors do yall think will hide scratches the best? I tend to go down a lot of tight trails and really dont want to scratch my Bronco all to hell. I know lighter colors tend to be best, but I can't choose white because my brother is getting white. Cactus gray is also out of the question simply because I feel like 80% of Broncos will be that color and I want to be different. My 2 favs are probably race red and carbonized grey, but not sure how they will handle scratches. Thoughts?
Yes, white is best. Bright non-metallic red also seems to fare well (I've owned two bright red CJ's). Carbonized or other metallic would probably not be a good choice. Black is of course the worst of all, so avoid the painted hard top.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd suggest a non-metallic color or just using a wrap/vinyl.

Is your brother OJ? Cuz out of allll the people in the world a white bronco is gonna remind everyone of your brother and they're gonna know you copied him. And cactus gray is too popular. Not really that many light colors left man. Guess you can't get a bronco anymore lol.

There's always pink line-x/bed liner if you wanna be different and be protected.

Ford Bronco Which colors will hide scratches best? 1601195318623

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering about silver. I know it’s metalic, but I have heard it doesn’t show dirt as easy. I have never had silver and usually go white, so others experience would be interesting to me.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Silver.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
White and cactus gray from the current colors will show scratches and swirl marks the least.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black always go black..
It never shows scratches, swirls, dirt.

black is amazing for hiding any little imperfection in the paint..
?
I was just commenting to my wife as I was washing her black RAV4 how amazing it is for Hiding blemishes...it’s seriously not a frustrating paint color at all?

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The best paint colors to hide scratches available right now are Silver, Cactus Grey, White, and Area 51. Those will be your best options. Carbonized Grey would be ok as well.

Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering about silver. I know it’s metalic, but I have heard it doesn’t show dirt as easy. I have never had silver and usually go white, so others experience would be interesting to me.
I had a fairly flat silver car for years
Didn’t show dirt too badly and hid it’s bruises well
Silver def on my short list of colors, if I don’t go FE

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others said, white, silver, any lighter color and avoid heavy metallic/flaked paints. A darker metallic will show every single thing that happens to it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Antimatter Blue!!

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing as striking as a dark vehicle when it’s clean and polished and scratch free. My current truck is black.

I will NoT be going dark with the Bronco.

So land rover uses xpel stealth on their defensers from the factory. I have priced xpel locally and seems reasonable.

It is self healing when parked in the sun or light heat gun application. Guaranteed for ten years and seems easier to remove than some of the legacy products. Looks super as well.
Sponsored