First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was one of the “lucky”ones that got pushed to 2022 because I wanted a two door with a painted top. I was back and forth when I placed my order because I wanted the bigger engine but also wanted a manual. When I put the order in I stuck with the bigger engine. I can change my order at any time since my build is next year. With this news that came out am I better off getting a manual transmission and a smaller engine and tuning it form more power. Or do I stick with the bigger engine and automatic. Still am holding out for the very slim chance the 6cyl in 2022 will have a manual option.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good question. The only thing I have right now is that an engine tune could put you into the "Premium fuel required" to run the tune. It's tough to say which way is the best to go. I can't remember if the manual will be offered with the 2.7L in '22. I heard so much stuff my poor 1 gig brain has about 100 gigs stuffed into it, and trying to download any of that information is an effort in futility. :)

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope Ford would listen and provide it as an option.

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm slightly leaning towards a manual now. Since I'm a late reservation (Sept.) I will have time to read reviews and even test drive so still TBD. ha

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rubeo84 you have plenty of time to decide, if you're a 22MY. Just sit back and see what transpires.

I hope that FoMoCo will do the 2.7L w/MT, if not for 22MY, then 23MY.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was one of the “lucky”ones that got pushed to 2022 because I wanted a two door with a painted top. I was back and forth when I placed my order because I wanted the bigger engine but also wanted a manual. When I put the order in I stuck with the bigger engine. I can change my order at any time since my build is next year. With this news that came out am I better off getting a manual transmission and a smaller engine and tuning it form more power. Or do I stick with the bigger engine and automatic. Still am holding out for the very slim chance the 6cyl in 2022 will have a manual option.
BIG ENGINE all the way for me! I want as much power as I can get and for the price, the 2.7L is a no brainer. Also, my guess is that Ford engineers know a bit more about the technical aspects of this stuff than the armchair critics that are now bashing the 10r60. With as much as everyone is complaining about, I'm surprised there are Bronco buyers left on this forum.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BIG ENGINE all the way for me! I want as much power as I can get and for the price, the 2.7L is a no brainer. Also, my guess is that Ford engineers know a bit more about the technical aspects of this stuff than the armchair critics that are now bashing the 10r60. With as much as everyone is complaining about, I'm surprised there are Bronco buyers left on this forum.
Upgrade to 2.7 with a questionable automatic? If ford would officially say what is really going on. If not I will play it safe with a manual.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, my guess is that Ford engineers know a bit more about the technical aspects of this stuff than the armchair critics that are now bashing the 10r60. With as much as everyone is complaining about, I'm surprised there are Bronco buyers left on this forum.
haha, yeah, you'd think Ford will build this tough enough, LOL.

Want to tune the 2.7 to some extreme ends with crazy hp and torque? I'm sure there are ways, but I don't see why Ford would do half the work for you and add a way over spec transmission for that small number of people that will actually go that extreme. Ford probably just figures that those that go that extreme have the cash to buy what's necessary.

I don't know much about either transmission, not really interested, but the "60" part seems to be safely away from what torque we're getting, so it's not gonna just blow up on the trail. And that's all I'll need. I doubt I'll ever tune it, and if that it's not gonna be something extreme thing half rebuilding the engine. It's a truck, not a sports car. But hey, what ever floats your boat. Just can't expect Ford to toss in parts that are way over designed for what's needed.
And from what I read here over the last year, it's very doubtful the 2.7 will ever see a manual, at least coming from Ford. Not that I'd want one, I'm done with rowing gears, but maybe aftermarket will come up with something.

Just my 2ct.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even the Ranger gets the 10R60 next year, glad I got a '21 with the 10R80, not worried about the Bronco as I don't plan on tuning the 2.7 when I get it.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go for the Warthog!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still getting a 2.7. Not worried about the transmission, that's what the warranty is for.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go for the Warthog!
^^^^ This. I’m a MY22 build. I will at least consider the Warthog if it seems more like what I want compared to the WT I have on order and if better engine and tranny. By the way, “Warthog” is a terrible name. I still think Thunderbolt is much better. Somebody must have that already as a registered trademark (maybe Northrup/Grumman/Fairchild).
Sponsored