Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The manual is bashed worst than the 10R60 because it's a Chinese-built Getrag that blows up in the Mustang.

Can't win for losing in this place. Lol
I donā€™t think thatā€™s the same transmission and my Focus STā€™s Getrag is awesome and still working fine at 250,000kms...just saying! lol

Reactions: jon

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m still confused what horrendous abuse people are worried the 10R60 wonā€™t hold up to? Are you guys planning on brake boosting from every stoplight?
My only concern is how it does with the temps of towing a 3200lb trailer while on 35s and going up 7% inclines at highway speeds. Im sure aftermarket will come up with larger coolers though.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Looks like MBAā€™s switched to 60 at last minute. Just enough to last up to powertrain warranty.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t think thatā€™s the same transmission and my Focus STā€™s Getrag is awesome and still working fine at 250,000kms...just saying! lol
I know it is a new design, but I was more pointing out the ignorance of idea the MT-88 will be bad because of the factory it comes from...

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still getting a 2.7. Not worried about the transmission, that's what the warranty is for.
First of all - 10r60?! What? I'm away a few weeks, and find out the auto trans has changed. Legit?

If unloading the vehicle prior to the 5 year/60k warranty, then not a big issue. Other than hassle of potential repairs (who wants that aggravation regardless), or lessening resale near end of warranty if a component is seen as problematic.

People like me who hang onto vehicles a long time though, are WAY more keen on having components that last. Talking personal experience of several auto transmissions having issues post 60k.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First of all - 10r60?! What? I'm away a few weeks, and find out the auto trans has changed. Legit?

If unloading the vehicle prior to the 5 year/60k warranty, then not a big issue. Other than hassle of potential repairs (who wants that aggravation regardless), or lessening resale near end of warranty if a component is seen as problematic.

People like me who hang onto vehicles a long time though, are WAY more keen on having components that last. Talking personal experience of several auto transmissions having issues post 60k.
Thereā€™s currently no indication that the 80 would outlast the 60 in any application. Thereā€™s also no indication that the MT isnā€™t a steaming pile either

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I hang on to my vehicles for at least 10 years also. If I think it's going to be an issue I'll pull a trans fluid sample and send it to Blackstone Labs for analysis before the warranty expires. And maybe add an extra external trans cooler, heat is what kills automatic transmissions.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question. The only thing I have right now is that an engine tune could put you into the "Premium fuel required" to run the tune. It's tough to say which way is the best to go. I can't remember if the manual will be offered with the 2.7L in '22. I heard so much stuff my poor 1 gig brain has about 100 gigs stuffed into it, and trying to download any of that information is an effort in futility. :)
That would be awesome if they offered manual with 2.7 in 2023~! Despite being July 2020 reservation holder I doubt I will get one built this year.

OP
OP
Rubeo84

Rubeo84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be awesome if they offered manual with 2.7 in 2023~! Despite being July 2020 reservation holder I doubt I will get one built this year.
It seems like itā€™s pretty widely known that Ford will not offer the 2.7 in manual. Maybe when they do a redesign itā€™s possible. I forgot the exact reason but if you dig around on here people talk about it

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like itā€™s pretty widely known that Ford will not offer the 2.7 in manual. Maybe when they do a redesign itā€™s possible. I forgot the exact reason but if you dig around on here people talk about it
I think the same for why you can't mount a winch with the 2.7 but you can with the 4 maybe?
Sponsored