Sponsored

Which features of the Bronco is most important to you?

Which feature is most important

• Total voters

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The tech features and mpg enhancements are forced, we are getting those even if we all don’t want them especially on the top spec trim levels.
The moderate trail capability should be a given as well
I think Ford will knock it out the park with styling, hopefully I’m not giving them too much credit. So I’m saying that’s a given as well.

Experience/Lifestyle features are big for me. The open experience of UTV’s and Wranglers is very desirable in the SouthWest and makes the kids happy with their new field of vision.

Modification capability is big as well, how customized can I get? The same 4-6” drop down bracket lift kit from the big suspension companies is not my definition of availability or options.

I’ve said it before, a coyote option is way up on the list for me. At least give me a top spec engine option, I’m not completely sold on the 2.7 but can be swayed and the 3.0 seems promising. I am not interested if the only option at launch is the 4cyl, because I am purchasing next year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, unless you get an alum trailer, your going to be decently over 5K towing a late model stang, possibly
upwards of 6K...........
Already mentioned getting an aluminum trailer. Car itself weighs just under 3800 wet, and a 18' aluminum trailer shouldn't weigh much more than 1600lbs or so. But even guessing on the high side, that's 5800lbs at most. Like I said, if Ford can beat the 4 runner (which I'm confident in, given the Ranger is capable of towing more than the Tacoma, both of which share a platform with their smaller SUVs) with a 5500-6klb towing capacity, that should be good enough to tow the Mustang and I'd be in the running to buy. If it isn't quite there, then I'm out, but I'm fairly confident Ford can hit that target

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Off-Road capability on moderate trails, i want basic lock in and out 4wd.
Styling make it look like a bronco, anything but the bronco II,

Powertrain selection (diesel/V8 option) just want a 5.0 fords premium motor!!! We know this wont come out! buy a 4 banger and I Am gone, no diesel,

Tech is my last choice just spent $80 bucks so computer would quit telling me my tire was flat, only thing wrong was the dang sensor. I can tell my tires flat. I could care less about the rest of it. Give me tilt , cruze and door locks . forget the 1500 radios that don't work well anyway.
I did find out the Sequoia still offering the v8 option.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Already mentioned getting an aluminum trailer. Car itself weighs just under 3800 wet, and a 18' aluminum trailer shouldn't weigh much more than 1600lbs or so. But even guessing on the high side, that's 5800lbs at most. Like I said, if Ford can beat the 4 runner (which I'm confident in, given the Ranger is capable of towing more than the Tacoma, both of which share a platform with their smaller SUVs) with a 5500-6klb towing capacity, that should be good enough to tow the Mustang and I'd be in the running to buy. If it isn't quite there, then I'm out, but I'm fairly confident Ford can hit that target
I’m about to get absolutely shit on... but I’ll probably tow over capacity on mine. As long as you are not hauling ass and being stupid there’s no reason a Bronco shouldn’t be able to tow more than a 2005 4runner which can technically tow over 7k pounds.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I'll agree a 5-6k towing capacity would be nice - I've towed friends' broken rally cars home with my Pajero before and having the capability to trailer my Corvette if I needed to would be cool. I'm willing to accept lower towing capacity for better off road though, like how the Ranger Raptor can tow significantly less than the regular Ranger.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Outer Banks
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra R, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will order mine from my dealer when Ford starts the process.

I want a nice daily driver type vehicle with the ability to do moderate off-roading. There are several good places in the north GA mountains. I shoot vintage shotguns on skeet (clay pigeons) which is also north of my house. I'll do my own service on the vehicle.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm willing to accept lower towing capacity for better off road though, like how the Ranger Raptor can tow significantly less than the regular Ranger.
This is kind of idea I was getting at with my "towing package" idea... give the standard model the more offroad-oriented suspension, and offer a towing package with suspension tuned less for offroading and more for... *clears throat*... MASSIVE LOADS

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m about to get absolutely shit on... but I’ll probably tow over capacity on mine. As long as you are not hauling ass and being stupid there’s no reason a Bronco shouldn’t be able to tow more than a 2005 4runner which can technically tow over 7k pounds.
The reason it's hard to put that weight limit on is because of what you're towing at that weight. A 7k lb single axle dump trailer that's low to the ground is waaaay different to pull than a 32ft long travel trailer like this: https://www.palominorv.com/travel-trailers-and-fifth-wheels/puma/28DBFQ/4332

And you'll figure that out the first time you hit a crosswind and that 32ft long wind sail starts wagging the tow vehicle around, low speed or not.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The reason it's hard to put that weight limit on is because of what you're towing at that weight. A 7k lb single axle dump trailer that's low to the ground is waaaay different to pull than a 32ft long travel trailer like this: https://www.palominorv.com/travel-trailers-and-fifth-wheels/puma/28DBFQ/4332

And you'll figure that out the first time you hit a crosswind and that 32ft long wind sail starts wagging the tow vehicle around, low speed or not.
It's a shame that exceptions to towing capacity can't be made for tow-alongs like this. It sucks that I can get a fine for towing a low trailer that's a pound over the capacity when my vehicle is capable of towing far more just because some people want a 32ft camper that's too much for the vehicle

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
And that’s exactly it. The trailer you’re towing makes a huge difference and if you’ve got the hitch set up right, tongue weight correct etc.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm probably over CGVW on my dodge, trailer and bronco, but I did upgrade tralier to 4Wdisc, electric over hydraulic.
I'd recommend something like that, as stopping is the most important thing being overloaded (and like you said, if you drive relatively
slow and aren't stupid about how you drive). Bonus is the parts match my stock D44 front EB axle. :)

I just bought a 14K, 26 foot alum car trailer that is 300 lbs lighter than my severally overbuilt, 16' steel deck over, and the drum brakes
on that absolutely suck compared to my discs.

20171014_130331.jpg

DCP02787.jpg

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And that’s exactly it. The trailer you’re towing makes a huge difference and if you’ve got the hitch set up right, tongue weight correct etc.
Some vehicles do make clarifying comments on the towing capacity in the owners manual. Sometimes a weight distributing hitch is required to tow max weight, and sometimes there is also a clarification with regards to frontal area of the trailer.

In many cases though, a vehicle's tow capacity is simply stated as a weight. I agree completely that towing a travel trailer is nothing like towing some rocks on an open / flat trailer.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great poll this is very interesting. Ford had a very tall task of making everyone happy with this Bronco. So many of us have different wants and opinions.

I chose;

1. Hardcore off-road capability
Not that I truly need a crazy rock crawler but more because the Bronco needs to hold its own out there and be a staple as a true off-roader to sustain it's image and legitimacy.

2. Styling
Some people might not care but for the Bronco to succeed styling is very important. For me it just needs to be recognizable as a Bronco. Meaning having aspects and looks of past Broncos. Also to look like a rugged capable off-road vehicle.

3. Daily drive-ability
This was the hardest choice as of course I'd ideally like to chose all of them and it was hard to chose between drive-ability and "Experience" features. I went with drive-ability because this is slightly more important as again, for it to be successful this will play more a role in keeping most happy.

I most want my Bronco for a daily driver and as a off-road capable overlander for long adventure trips. So drive-ability and gas mileage are concerns of mine. To me an ideal Bronco would fit in between a Jeep Wrangler and a Land Cruiser. Finding that sweet spot seems to be what the Bronco has done for the most part in the past. A more civilized Jeep and a more simple/cheaper Land Cruiser. Hopefully it's built somewhat customizable so that we can all get what we want out of it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I chose styling as number 1, because if it's ugly I'm sure that I won't buy one. The only reasons I read this forum are due to the styling of the early Broncos and that I like Fords in general.

I want a V8, but it's possible I might buy one even if there's no V8 - less likely, but still possible.

Comfort and driveability I think are going to be there no matter what, but they were still my third choice as being important to my decision on whether to buy. If the ergonomics are bad, for example, that might turn me off.

Everything else is meaningful but not as important to me.

Foolster

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996Suburban2002Mustangconvertible2002SportTrac
Your Bronco Model
Base
I currently drive a 2002 Sport Trac with the 5 speed manual transmission. I am waiting for the Bronco pickup with a seven speed manual. If Ford decides not to make a manual transmission pickup then I will either buy an old manual Ford pickup to restore or buy a Gladiator with the manual transmission. I live near a small town with a lot of traffic lights. Being able to coast saves me so much fuel (I average 22 mpg in the Sport Trac) that to buy anything else is a waste of money. I have 160,000 miles on the Sport Trac and it is showing no signs of wear. I will keep it as my daily farm truck until it dies. However, at some point you need a nice truck to go to church and that is more reliable to take on trips. So in about three years, once the Sport Trac is 20 years old I will be in the market for a replacement. My wife drives a 2002 Mustang GT convertible. So on our farm we run Ford cars, trucks, and tractors. The Ford 5000/6000/7000 tractor models were the best tractors for working in orchards ever made. We had a 57 Ford model 850 tractor that we used for more than 100,000 hours.

For farmers the smart thing is to have a compact 4x4 pickup for running around then an F650 with a Cummins engine and an Eaton manual to move anything over a ton.
Sponsored