Sponsored

Which features of the Bronco is most important to you?

Which feature is most important

• Total voters

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Decided to make a poll to see what people find to be most important. You can select a few options to show what’s most important to you personally!
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Voted for high speed and styling. I don't think that'll surprise anyone who's been around here a while ;)

I don't care about / do not want the removeable top and doors so didn't vote for that, but I would like a manual transmission. Powertrain selection is important but only in that I would not be ok with a 4 cylinder, so didn't vote for that either as a TT engine is confirmed and I don't need a diesel or V8. Put my 3rd vote for tech features as I want a decent infortainment system and heated/ventilated seats etc., though I don't really care about crawl control and I ideally do not want too many 'safety' tech features like lane keeping and auto braking

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Styling, experience, and tech for me

engine would be my next. If I had any hope for a 5.0 in it I’d campaigning on here but I think it’s a lost cause

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well....this is a little like voting for what weather you'd like to have Yesterday...as this train has already left the station. My wish list:

1. A different make skid plate than the one that had to be peeled off the "R" and replaced with a STOP sign
2. Not just good, but an AWSOME green or blue color....and a contrasting top color would make my day
3. Would love to be able to get the 2.7 (or maybe it's the 3.0) without adding a lot of extra junk I don't want
4. I know there are a lot of Gen1 design cues, but I hope the front grill is almost a replica
5. Hose out floors would be really nice
6. The "R" sounds a little like an electric pencil sharpener...some engine acoustic enhancements would be most welcome
7. And MOST important....no more schedule delays!!!

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want it to be more off-road worthy than a stock TRD 4Runner, easy to clean, better gas mileage, and nearly the same after market as a 4runner.

I don’t need it to be as good a rock crawler as a Wrangler, but hopefully better than 4runner.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I voted "experience features", but REALLY it comes down to towing capacity for me

Lately, I've been looking into some big ol diesel trucks simply because I decided to keep a car that I was initially planning to flip (which puts me at 5 total), but I'm also planning on moving halfway across the country within the next few years, which means enlisting the help of yet another friend (pain in the ass and costly), pay to ship it (pain in the ass and costly), or buy a truck that can haul 2 cars at once instead of the Bronco. But ultimately, the way bronco can win me over is by making the experience features too good to pass up.

However, if I can't tow my Mustang alone with the Bronco, it's an automatic no-go for me

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I voted offroad capability on moderate trails (every green trail and some of the blues at Rausch Creek) because that's the benchmark set by my other two rigs. If it can't meet or exceed that level offroad then no Bronco for us.

Daily driveability is a given because the Bronco is going to be my wife's daily. She's a paramedic/firefighter so it needs to be able to get her to the station in every type of weather, no excuses. The Pajero does a good job of that and gets 20-22 mpg but the old diesel doesn't like cold weather that much and we want to keep it off the road salt as much as possible. The jeep gets worse fuel economy but is equally weather capable and has proven it's worthy of its nickname, "Rescue Jeep." Both are noisy AF inside on the highway.

Experience features are what actually first got us interested in the new Bronco because otherwise she was gonna get a Wrangler like every other white girl in in the neighborhood and I can't have that.

Runner ups are styling and bombing down fire roads. Everything else is a given (modifications, tech) or not that important to me (engine choices, rock crawling).

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...However, if I can't tow my Mustang alone with the Bronco, it's an automatic no-go for me
Pretty safe bet the Bronco won't have double to towing capacity of the Wrangler that it is competing with. Outgunning the 4Runner in towing is about the highest that seems within the probable range.

The LR Defender might be a better fit. Seating for a bus load of people and 4 tons of towing.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty safe bet the Bronco won't have double to towing capacity of the Wrangler that it is competing with. Outgunning the 4Runner in towing is about the highest that seems within the probable range.

The LR Defender might be a better fit. Seating for a bus load of people and 4 tons of towing.
Keep in mind, Ford never said they're directly gunning for the Wrangler (as many here like to point out). If Ford is looking to steal some of Jeep's fire, towing capacity is one place they can gain some customers over it. I know I'd personally NEVER consider a wrangler solely for the reason that it can't pull any more than my Mustang can. If Bronco can slightly outgun the 4Runner, that'll be enough to pull the Mustang on an aluminum trailer. both combined weigh just over 5000lbs, so if Bronco could get to 5500 or 6k, it would be usable. I don't think it's a far stretch for the 4 door considering the Ranger that shares a platform is rated for 7500... if Ford could offer a towing package for the Bronco with less offroad-oriented suspension, I'd bet they could one-up the Yota.

I don't see much of a reason that the Bronco couldn't come close to the LR in towing capacity, but I'm not a fan of LR. Ultimately, if I'm going to get something with a fixed roof, I'll get a big ol diesel truck that can haul all my toys. The removable roof is a HUGE reason that I'm holding out for the Bronco

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I voted for styling and daily drive-ability.

To have a chance of ending up in my driveway, the Bronco needs styling that will appeal to my wife, and I want a vehicle that is not excessively loud, harsh, or uncomfortable.

Another key point not mentioned in the poll is price. I don't exactly have a long wish-list, so if I can't get a Bronco with a decent stereo for less than the cost of a Wrangler Sahara, that could be a problem.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Yeah, unless you get an alum trailer, your going to be decently over 5K towing a late model stang, possibly
upwards of 6K...........

Voted for powertrain. As great as the Eco's are, a turbo motor is not what I would need wheeling how I wheel.
The rest of it could be changed out easier than a V-8 swap.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Style And Drive-Ability All Wheel Drive. Two Tone Paint Option Colors: Highland Green And Arizona Beige.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Styling
Everyday driveablity
A Hybrid would be nice, but I don't make Aviator style paychecks to afford that...

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would add reliability (quality) and easy to service.
Sponsored

Reactions: BE_