Sponsored

Which features of the Bronco is most important to you?

Which feature is most important

• Total voters

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently drive a 2002 Sport Trac with the 5 speed manual transmission. I am waiting for the Bronco pickup with a seven speed manual. If Ford decides not to make a manual transmission pickup then I will either buy an old manual Ford pickup to restore or buy a Gladiator with the manual transmission. I live near a small town with a lot of traffic lights. Being able to coast saves me so much fuel (I average 22 mpg in the Sport Trac) that to buy anything else is a waste of money. I have 160,000 miles on the Sport Trac and it is showing no signs of wear. I will keep it as my daily farm truck until it dies. However, at some point you need a nice truck to go to church and that is more reliable to take on trips. So in about three years, once the Sport Trac is 20 years old I will be in the market for a replacement. My wife drives a 2002 Mustang GT convertible. So on our farm we run Ford cars, trucks, and tractors. The Ford 5000/6000/7000 tractor models were the best tractors for working in orchards ever made. We had a 57 Ford model 850 tractor that we used for more than 100,000 hours.

For farmers the smart thing is to have a compact 4x4 pickup for running around then an F650 with a Cummins engine and an Eaton manual to move anything over a ton.
I have a 57 840, gas though. looking to replace it with a diesel. Nice little tractor though, all I really do with it though is mow the yard.
Sponsored

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
I want what they promised, a vehicle much like the original Bronco in that it is a trim mid-size and with solid capability to go off road with simple design to allow modifications and lifting easily and larger tires. It must have a removable top and doors. I do not care anything about a full size vehicle with a 5.0 or V8.

I do not like the squashed windows look with the high beltline. I am not a gangsta and I do not rap.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always wanted a convertible, and have been looking for a used C-Class since it's an all season convertible.

I've always loved the classic Bronco look, so when Ford said they were brining it back ... I was stoked! Now I get to have the best of both worlds in my opinion. Everything else is just icing for me.

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am fine with the 2.7, but for a performance boost I would be very happy with a Ford Performance 2.7 tune that keeps the warranty. Relatively low cost and similar hp & greater torque than the 5.0l V8.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did styling, tech, and daily driveability, but wanted to include "experience features" too, but it only gave me 3 choices.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would have voted for convertible beach buggy with IFS....

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.7 in a base 2-door. I would like the following in another Bronco:
1. To be able to order eLocker in Base in rear without SAS.
2. To be able to order 3.73 eLocker with 32s (I like decent MPG) in Base or Big Bend.
3. To have a darn standard parking brake (I miss it), and the brake-button is useless.
4. To have a option for super-short in 2-door (I don't care about kids-- I'm retired). I've had 2 Wranglers and 2 FJ40s, and like that length better... more like original Bronco.
5. Along with #4... Ford -- don't decide to make it bigger. Look at OJ Bronco, look at bigger 4Runner & Landcruiser, look at just about everything -- DON'T GO THERE! Bigger is not better! The current size should be the max-size. Its almost too big now.
5. Have the 2.7 not have so many darn hoses. I probably should have ordered the 2.3 with the performance upgrade. Much cleaner look and probably reliability. The 2.7 reminds me of 1970s engines when they just started pollution controls.
6. Either have (on Base) a softer steering wheel, or leather option for just that.

Things I really like now:
1. The decent gas mileage and power when you want it.
2. The 10-speed transmission.
3. The seats are comfortable and firm.
4. I love the squared front fenders. Never change that! Its a square brick... its supposed to be that way!
Sponsored