Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have been asked multiple times if we are accepting transfers of reservations. Yes, we are still accepting transfers! I think it is important to figure out which Ford dealership that you are reserved with first before making that decision. I also think it is important to note that this is the second time that the reservation system has been used. The Mach-E being the first, and not involving as many dealerships. There is a learning curve not only for the customers, but also for the dealers. That being said, I think most dealership can fall under the following categories:

• The Overzealous Ford Dealership - I could have predicted that there was going to be at least one Ford dealership that would get a little overzealous and convert all their reservations as soon as the order bank window opened up. This has been covered by Ford and they did a good job of establishing a way for a customer to transfer if they wished. Whether this is by dealers with bad intenions or not well informed is not my call to make. But I would encourage any reservation holder with this dealership to have a conversation with their dealer before transferring. I'd put this group at less than 5% of the overall dealer body.
  • The Misinformed Ford Dealership - There are 3000+ Ford dealerships nationally and in my opinion Ford has done an excellent job of communicating, sometimes over-communicating to the dealers. There are some dealerships that are not as computer savvy as others and some of the technology Ford is using with this new system is not as easy for them to get up to speed with. It has been the Ford Dealer representatives job to confirm that each dealership knows how to do things properly. This has been made harder when trying to communicate remotely with someone who may be technologically challenged. The vast majority of these dealers also have a laundry list of other responsibilities and may not have completely "bought-in" to the process of learning how to do this with the other tasks begging for their attention. I again would encourage the reservation holders at these stores to have a conversation with a sales manager/general manager expressing their intent to buy and concerns, my guess is that they will be resolved. I'd put this group at approximately 10%.
  • The Excited and Capable Ford Dealership - This is where the remaining 85+% of Ford dealerships fall. Most Ford dealerships are extremely excited about this product launch, have a capable staff and our learning or have already integrated a process to handle their reservations. Most are going to offer a fair deal and are excited about the opportunity to welcome a potentially new customer into the Ford family.
In conclusion, We would love to help and assist every forum member on Bronco6G. I know there are horror stories of how reservation holders have been treated, but I believe that is the outlier and not the norm. We are happy to help if a bad situation arises, but I truly believe a fair dealer can be had at not only our store, but a number of Ford stores across the country. Without question, I believe the members on this forum are some of the most well-informed buyers and will be able to find a great buying experience from where they end up purchasing. Now, lets get back to waiting!

Zach
Sponsored

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry Zach
Please no more transfers....
😎

we love u guys, we really do, but I slightly worry about too many reservations being transferred over bumping some of that have been with you originally being pushed further down the list of allocations...

maybe I’m wrong for even worrying about it..

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry Zach
😎

we love u guys, we really do, but I slightly worry about too many reservations being transferred over bumping some of that have been with you originally being pushed further down the list of allocations...

I think your worrying may all be for naught. The biggest piece of the allocation formula is converted reservations and I am confident our conversion ratio will be higher than the nationwide average, so that is in our favor. Also a person who transfers to us and converts helps that ratio out.

Although Ford hasn't stated what the 2022 MY formula for allocation will be, I'm sure past sales will play a large piece in it. So the more we sell for 21, it will have a snowball effect on 2022 MY. I'm sticking to my prediction of 40% overall conversion, which will speed everyone up considerably. I guess only time will tell.

That being said, most people won't be put into a position that they will need to transfer because they are in that 85% group.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry Zach
😎

Granger isn’t some secret, and they deserve to do well and be rewarded for all the hard work they are putting in and how well they communicate. As a Granger reservation holder myself, I say transfer!

The other thing to remember is that there is a finite number of MY21 Broncos, and though it’s possible for some funky situations happening with a specific dealer, grossly speaking, anyone with a reservation time stamp within MY21 will still receive their Bronco irrespective of what dealership they are at... the is especially true as dealerships with higher numbers are more representative of national spread. We don’t know the exact formula but a transfer to Granger is also going to add to their MY21 allocation, and will likely put them in a better place to fulfill their MY22.

You may actually find yourself in a better position the more people that transfer in.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have been asked multiple times if we are accepting transfers of reservations. Yes, we are still accepting transfers! I think it is important to figure out which Ford dealership that you are reserved with first before making that decision. I also think it is important to note that this is the second time that the reservation system has been used. The Mach-E being the first, and not involving as many dealerships. There is a learning curve not only for the customers, but also for the dealers. That being said, I think most dealership can fall under the following categories:

• The Overzealous Ford Dealership - I could have predicted that there was going to be at least one Ford dealership that would get a little overzealous and convert all their reservations as soon as the order bank window opened up. This has been covered by Ford and they did a good job of establishing a way for a customer to transfer if they wished. Whether this is by dealers with bad intenions or not well informed is not my call to make. But I would encourage any reservation holder with this dealership to have a conversation with their dealer before transferring. I'd put this group at less than 5% of the overall dealer body.
  • The Misinformed Ford Dealership - There are 3000+ Ford dealerships nationally and in my opinion Ford has done an excellent job of communicating, sometimes over-communicating to the dealers. There are some dealerships that are not as computer savvy as others and some of the technology Ford is using with this new system is not as easy for them to get up to speed with. It has been the Ford Dealer representatives job to confirm that each dealership knows how to do things properly. This has been made harder when trying to communicate remotely with someone who may be technologically challenged. The vast majority of these dealers also have a laundry list of other responsibilities and may not have completely "bought-in" to the process of learning how to do this with the other tasks begging for their attention. I again would encourage the reservation holders at these stores to have a conversation with a sales manager/general manager expressing their intent to buy and concerns, my guess is that they will be resolved. I'd put this group at approximately 10%.
  • The Excited and Capable Ford Dealership - This is where the remaining 85+% of Ford dealerships fall. Most Ford dealerships are extremely excited about this product launch, have a capable staff and our learning or have already integrated a process to handle their reservations. Most are going to offer a fair deal and are excited about the opportunity to welcome a potentially new customer into the Ford family.
In conclusion, We would love to help and assist every forum member on Bronco6G. I know there are horror stories of how reservation holders have been treated, but I believe that is the outlier and not the norm. We are happy to help if a bad situation arises, but I truly believe a fair dealer can be had at not only our store, but a number of Ford stores across the country. Without question, I believe the members on this forum are some of the most well-informed buyers and will be able to find a great buying experience from where they end up purchasing. Now, lets get back to waiting!

Zach
See my PM to you 3 days ago.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe my local dealer that I left fell within the 10% misinformed.
I had to contact them 3+ weeks after the order banks opened (they never tried to contact me to order) and after I asked them if they would budge off MSRP as I was thinking about moving my reservation my salesman said " They will need to move your reservation over to them if they have not done so already". That was a sign. It's up to Ford and I to move the reservation.

GarageMahal

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are new transfers still eligible for the under invoice pricing originally published? While I will likely hold out for MY22 at this point and was hoping to get x-plan pricing locally at that time I am becoming concerned that my dealer is going to insist I convert by March 19th and is not moving from MSRP.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think your worrying may all be for naught. The biggest piece of the allocation formula is converted reservations and I am confident our conversion ratio will be higher than the nationwide average, so that is in our favor. Also a person who transfers to us and converts helps that ratio out.

Although Ford hasn't stated what the 2022 MY formula for allocation will be, I'm sure past sales will play a large piece in it. So the more we sell for 21, it will have a snowball effect on 2022 MY. I'm sticking to my prediction of 40% overall conversion, which will speed everyone up considerably. I guess only time will tell.

That being said, most people won't be put into a position that they will need to transfer because they are in that 85% group.
If the national average is 30% conversion right now and let’s say it stays that way. Will the dealers allocations go up exponentially everywhere? Meaning more people will get 21MY than originally expected?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the national average is 30% conversion right now and let’s say it stays that way. Will the dealers allocations go up exponentially everywhere? Meaning more people will get 21MY than originally expected?
Yes, the biggest factor for allocation for all dealers is the national conversion rate. That will make all dealers allocation rise or fall depending on where it ends up.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are new transfers still eligible for the under invoice pricing originally published? While I will likely hold out for MY22 at this point and was hoping to get x-plan pricing locally at that time I am becoming concerned that my dealer is going to insist I convert by March 19th and is not moving from MSRP.
Converting by March 19th is not the end of the world. Ford is asking you to do that anyway. Convert, tell your dealer you want a MY22 and have then classify your order with temporary code 99 (do not build).

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, the biggest factor for allocation for all dealers is the national conversion rate. That will make all dealers allocation rise or fall depending on where it ends up.
So the national conversion rate matters and not the individual dealer conversion rate? Or do they both matter?

BigA572nd

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry Zach
😎

I am not worried about getting bumped, just wondering when I can place my order with Granger.....
Sponsored