Sponsored

Which has/will have more aftermarket wheel options to achieve no/minimal poke- the Badlands non-Sas or Sas?

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

hope i am asking this question properly because I really don't understand the issue - but I am down to either the Badlands non-Sas (OEM +55 offset wheels) or Badlands SAS (OEM +35) - and I am going to put retro/classic aftermarket wheels on at some point but I want to keep the no/minimal poke and likely adding the ADV fenders which are 1 inch less coverage than the non-SAS flares. This is the guy I wanna be like - he has the Ranger wheels with 287/75/17 -
so 34 inch tires with no poke (Big Bend?) - I am happy with those wheels if that's the only way to get 34s with no poke, but wondering whether aftermarket is likely to have more 55 or 35 offset - anyone have any educated guesses? In a nutshell, looking to achieve a tall stance with classic wheel and no/minimal poke on a Badlands with ADV 2 inch fenders.
Thanks for anyone who has read this far, special thanks to anyone who can make sense of it and help a dope out.

Ford Bronco Which has/will have more aftermarket wheel options to achieve no/minimal poke- the Badlands non-Sas or Sas? wheels.ranger
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the Badlands trim there are four major differences between the Sasquatch package and non-Sasquatch in terms of drive-train/suspension:
  • The Sasquatch package has a minor (less than 1") lift compared to non-Sasquatch.
  • The Sasquatch package comes with a wider fender for wider tires.
  • For the automatic transmission, the axle ratio is higher on the Sasquatch package. Enables you to better handle more extreme rock-crawling situations and/or larger (37"+ tires). For the manual transmission, both Sas & non-Sas get the same axle ratio.
  • The non-Sasquatch version comes with removable crash bars... helpful safety feature if you are running smaller than 35" tires.
As you mentioned there are also offset differences between the Sasquatch wheel and the non-Sasquatch wheel. But since you are looking at going with an aftermarket wheel/tire combo anyway, none of that really matters.

My opinion? Since you aren't looking at putting on giant tires, skip the Sasquatch package. Isn't worth the cost unless you really want to do some more serious off-roading. Since you are looking at retro-styled wheels rather than beadlocks, I'm guessing you likely aren't looking at doing the more difficult trails. And if you decide at some later point in time that you want a little taller of a stance, you can solve that with a less than $100 1" leveling kit.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck finding positive offset retro wheels. They are mostly 0 to -12 or more. You might find some loosely based on a retro look.
Really Everything is black, bronze, flat faced
big diameter and boring, that fits under your fenders. Everything polished, or chrome, or has in depth or definition is either too deep dish, or extremely deep dish like those bro trucks.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting the American Racing Outlaw II with +30 offset for my badlands Sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m getting the American Racing Outlaw II with +30 offset for my badlands Sasquatch.
they should look great please share pictures when you get them set up

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in this boat exactly, planning on getting the 2" ADV fenders and looking for retro-style wheels to match with no poke, but the only thing I've been able to find are just steelies that are probably identical to the Black Diamond wheels.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in this boat exactly, planning on getting the 2" ADV fenders and looking for retro-style wheels to match with no poke, but the only thing I've been able to find are just steelies that are probably identical to the Black Diamond wheels.
And don't forget you lose one inch width on the fender flares when you put on the ADV ones - that's what caused me to skip on the ADVs - will make it even harder to avoid poke

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is the 5" flares, but I really prefer the looks of the 2". I've had hard enough time finding 16x7 or 17x8 wheels with the proper lug specs, I was kind of shocked to find that there are hardly any with the needed 55mm offset to prevent wheel poke. May just have to keep our fingers crossed that Ford adds more OEM wheel options going forward.
Sponsored