Sponsored

Which is the greatest PR disaster from Ford?

Which is the worst?

• Total voters

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked the last three but the reality is that none of these are a PR disaster yet. So far this is only news here and no one else cares.

As for reservations being a bad thing, think about the alternative. Ford could have just built Broncos for dealer stock and then taken some custom orders. But the way they did it we all got to customize our Broncos and a vast majority of us will get our Broncos before anyone else.
Well I have thought about the alternative. Jeep launched the 2018 JL redesign without a slew of year out reservations, and managed to sell 240,000 or so Wranglers that year. People were exited, they saw and test drove real vehicles, and made purchases. What a concept. ;)
Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know Iā€™m in the minority but I donā€™t blame them for the hard tops. They took the word of the one of the worlds largest roof manufacturers that they could get it done. A mistake but not entirely on them. IMHO the seemingly meaningless reservation dates, the dealers getting units to sell (which is the hands down the biggest by far) and the disgusting ADM.
Sadly it makes no difference to Ford. We will almost all still buy, some will pay big mark ups and Ford will have a great 2022. Ford doesnā€™t give 1 second thought to us and there is nothing we can do about it (other than not buying the product.)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These launch hiccups have nothing on the Explorer rollovers and Pinto life/value calculations. (IMO there was nothing wrong with either product, it's how it was handled. The Pinto was no more explody than anything else of the era, and Explorers were just behaving as physics said they should and should have been operated accordingly)

Also an honorable mention for Henry's Nazi ties, only lower on the list because it doesn't get talked about much.

Last edited:

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I have thought about the alternative. Jeep launched the 2018 JL redesign without a slew of year out reservations, and managed to sell 240,000 or so Wranglers that year. People were exited, they saw and test drove real vehicles, and made purchases. What a concept. ;)
This. And Ford is happy to tout the reservations numbers for the F-150 Lightening, Bronco, etc. to any member of the media willing to publish them. Oh and Jim Farley is on CNBC like it's his part-time gig. It's almost as if Ford's trying to inflate their stock price and make shareholders happy at the expense of the customer.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was likely before my time here, but what is this ā€œspat between B6G and BNā€? Very curious.

Was this like Peter Griffen vs. The Chicken kind of spat?

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

the very idea that any one of these supposed PR disasters matters in the least to today's genpop is amusing. couldn't pick one that matters in the least to the stock market either.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
None of the above. Ford rolled out the Bronco last July when they were TOTALLY not ready (and knew it) to produce it. Just ridiculous. They announced it 9 months too early. I guess they were just so excited like a kid in a candy store that they couldn't hold their secret. They should have had some patience, got their act together and then most of the issues listed in the poll would never have happened.

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Its by far the fact that timestamps mean nothing as I have a low number on the FE list and I am sure I was pretty low overall list. Then I see people out buying ADM bronco FE that somehow the dealer got in. Lets not forget the "priority" orders that dealers got for no reason. I have had a lot of ford products.

1989 Mustang GT
1997 Mustang Cobra
2004 Terminator
2012 F150
2013 F150
2 Focus 1 an ST and 1 a platinum
2019 F250

And then this bronco if I ever get it.

Probably going to be my last Ford for a while. I bought a 2020 Ram 1500 and have put 54K trouble free miles on it and really cant complain with anything related to the new Ram. Way better truck inside than my 2019 F250.

So they got me this time but I think its going to be their last time getting my money for a while.

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you guys are too youngā€¦..

Biggest PR disaster = Pinto exploding cars
I don't think it's an age issue so much as it is an entitlement and perspective issue.

Obviously exploding cars is a bigger nightmare for an auto manufacturer. Not "I haven't gotten my toy that I put a refundable $100 deposit on yet."

Azemotay

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't even learn till this poll that the BYOD bar was vaporwave, the more you know haha. I think lack of communication trumps all others imo.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No you are too young, the Ford Edsil! First Edsil were delivered leaking oil, hoods that did not open, and push buttons that could not be pushed. On a side not, I'm not that old but it did cost Ford 350 million in losses in the late 50's.
Why does Ford have any fans? Iā€™m loving all these stories Iā€™ve never heard.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not just that they exploded, but that they calculated the cost of fixing the problem vs the cost of killing people and they went with killing people because it was cheaper than fixing the car.
Very sad but very true yet it really doesnā€™t stop there šŸ˜ž

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And? That was a regular redesign (i.e. not a ground up from nothing design) in "regular" times with no outside global factors affecting launch. Apples and oranges.
Covid doesn't give a complete pass - they probably should've just pushed the launch back to '22 MY altogether - but I just don't understand why people keep comparing this launch to a regular one pre-covid - or worse yet, to ordering a Jeep right now, a model that's been out 2-3 years now as if they'd have equivalent production issues to make it a valid comparison.
Sponsored