Sponsored

Which of the Bronco Deadly Sins is the Greatest?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok B6G Theologians (and hopefully some folks with real inside information). Which of the Bronco deadly sins is the most likely to delay your production build? We should refer to this sin as "Pride".

I extracted the data from the B6G orders thread to get this started. I excluded data from the 167 First Edition orders since those orders already have absolution for their sins.
The Wildtrak is a sin because Ford called it out but I've always wondered if the Wildtrak sin was really just a subset of 2.7 + Squatch sins?
I added Mid and High packages to the list since the Mid package has been called out recently. Alternate tops are also identified as a sin in my list (late availability).

The Ultimate Sinner order is a 2 door, 2.7, Squatch with Lux. Tops Ultimate Sinner includes Alternate Tops. Finally there are eighteen folks who have ordered the Ultimate Wildtrak Tops Sinner combo.

Non FE Orders
2570​
Percentage
Wildtrak
376​
14.6%​
2.7 Engine
1848​
71.9%​
Squatch
1243​
48.4%​
2 Door
972​
37.8%​
Lux
1145​
44.6%​
High
505​
19.6%​
Mid
530​
20.6%​
Alternate Tops
489​
19.0%​
Leather??
Ultimate Sinner
319​
12.4%​
Tops Ultimate Sinner
67​
2.6%​
WT Tops Ultimate Sinner
18​
0.7%​
Sponsored

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I ordered Squatch, Lux, 2.7, and the 2-door. But it was a Badlands, father, so I thought it would be okay . . . I understand I may have to do a whole model year of hail marys as a result . . .

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base. They'll want to get the high dollar ones out there first...:(...
I keep hearing speculation on that from all over, but has there been an insider who can confirm?

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

at this point, I'm almost thinking that anything involving a technology package is probably the worst. Mostly because the hits just keep on coming...

https://news.yahoo.com/factory-blaze-adds-computer-chip-154458090.html

to be fair, the article claims it's only a supplier for Toyota, Nissan, and Honda, but I'd be naive in thinking that the blast radius is limited to just those

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
at this point, I'm almost thinking that anything involving a technology package is probably the worst. Mostly because the hits just keep on coming...

https://news.yahoo.com/factory-blaze-adds-computer-chip-154458090.html

to be fair, the article claims it's only a supplier for Toyota, Nissan, and Honda, but I'd be naive in thinking that the blast radius is limited to just those
I was wondering the same thing as I put this together. When Ford slowed down the F-150 productions did they do it for all models or was it focused on higher trims?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing as I put this together. When Ford slowed down the F-150 productions did they do it for all models or was it focused on higher trims?
Yeah it would be nice if there was a bit more insight into what is actually held up by these shortages. i.e. this particular chip that's super low on production is what drives certain kinds of PLC boards, or sound sequencing chips for amplifiers, or....whatever. Those of us that work in technology want a better explanation than "need moar chipz!"

Related, heard from a friend of mine the other day that some consumer level electronics might be disappearing for the foreseeable future, mainly to their use being needed way more for things like auto manufacturing

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If my luck holds out like it has through my life it will be every damn option I ordered. :)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the life of me I can’t figure out why would the 2 door be a deadly sin.....
Makes no damn sense...
We know the overall take rate for the 4 door will be much greater than the 2 door...

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Makes no damn sense...
It's because their market research let them to think there would be X number of 2dr builds vs 4dr builds. turns out, they were way way wrong, and a lot more people (myself included) went with a 2dr. Sure it's a bit less useful compared to a 4dr, BUT IT JUST LOOKS BETTER.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because their market research let them to think there would be X number of 2dr builds vs 4dr builds. turns out, they were way way wrong, and a lot more people (myself included) went with a 2dr. Sure it's a bit less useful compared to a 4dr, BUT IT JUST LOOKS BETTER.
Ya me too...
I went 2 door WT...

so it will be 2023ish before I sit in my rig

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes no damn sense...
We know the overall take rate for the 4 door will be much greater than the 2 door...
I had also heard speculation that it was the MIC tops for the 2 door that causes it to be a sin. I would think that the Ford body plant could stamp out as many 2 door bodies as they needed. But if Ford only planned on X number of 2 door MIC tops then maybe the supplier can't get those made.

Grays.guns

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 F250 King Ranch, 09 Cayman, 28 MDL A, 90 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only thing going for me is that I ordered a 4 door. Guilty of being one of the 18, with Lux and Squatch
Sponsored