Sponsored

Which of the Bronco Deadly Sins is the Greatest?

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol.... i committed every sin possible... Wildtrak, Leather, Lux, Black Modular Top ( Includes 2.7 and Sasq )
Billy Joel may have said it best....
”They say theres a heaven for those who will wait
Some say its better some say it aint
Id rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun”

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not late availability. It is a very popular item that could cause commodity issues.
That's what I thought. The post I was going off had SAS and painted tops as delayed. Didn't know if I had missed important info.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did I miss something? When did sasquatch become a late availability? Painted tops confirmed but I am pretty sure SAS is just on the could effect your order list not a late availability.
correct - SAS I available day one. Mix rate for SAS is unknown while order rate is half based on this site’s sample of orders. Interesting the painted top low order rate might not cause as big a delay as perceived.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
correct - SAS I available day one. Mix rate for SAS is unknown while order rate is half based on this site’s sample of orders. Interesting the painted top low order rate might not cause as big a delay as perceived.
The painted top is late availability because ford said it won't be available when production starts. Ford offered to ship a different tip on FEs because of it not being available for production until who knows when. From what I have seen so far, has nothing to do with demand. Also why painted top is not on the deadly sins list.

If it had been on the deadly sins list the take rate would have been higher.

Sponsored

Bravo Foxtrot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the penance for my worst sin. Manual trans Sasquatch. “2022 FOR YOU!!”
Hell I might as well get a white top too.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it had been on the deadly sins list the take rate would have been higher.
I'm trying to understand why more people would take it if it potentially slows down their build? I ordered it and glad to see the take rate is low. I hope that applies to the other 95% of buyers not on this forum.

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because their market research let them to think there would be X number of 2dr builds vs 4dr builds. turns out, they were way way wrong, and a lot more people (myself included) went with a 2dr. Sure it's a bit less useful compared to a 4dr, BUT IT JUST LOOKS BETTER.
My dealer (San Tan Ford in Arizona ) told me that a substantial majority of their orders were 4-door. In made me think I had a better chance with my good looking two door.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol.... i committed every sin possible... Wildtrak, Leather, Lux, Black Modular Top ( Includes 2.7 and Sasq )
Billy Joel may have said it best....
”They say theres a heaven for those who will wait
Some say its better some say it aint
Id rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun”
Is it a 2-door?

I have reason to believe the "deadliest" build would be...

2-door
Wildtrak
Velocity Blue
2.7l
10-speed
4A
lux package
leather interior
MIC top
floor liners
tow package

(I can't tell you how I know; it's insider information.😉😉)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer (San Tan Ford in Arizona ) told me that a substantial majority of their orders were 4-door. In made me think I had a better chance with my good looking two door.
San tan buddies! (that's where I'm getting mine too). I got good news from justin today as well regarding allocation and where I fell into it. Yay for everyone that didn't convert!

Sponsored

AZBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
San tan buddies! (that's where I'm getting mine too). I got good news from justin today as well regarding allocation and where I fell into it. Yay for everyone that didn't convert!
What did you hear? I didn't hear anything, which has me worried. My mistake was not reserving until I thought I figured out what I wanted - 1 week after the initial reveal.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had also heard speculation that it was the MIC tops for the 2 door that causes it to be a sin. I would think that the Ford body plant could stamp out as many 2 door bodies as they needed. But if Ford only planned on X number of 2 door MIC tops then maybe the supplier can't get those made.
I suspect the 2-door commodity constraint is the MIC hardtop, but the problem is amplified by the fact that there is no standard soft top available for the 2-door, so EVERY 2-door has to ship with a hardtop (either MIC or MOD).

Chuck.K

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the options you want! Build what you want, and just wait - you are spending 40-50+K on this - get exactly what will make you happy!! If it takes a little longer - so what - time will pass, save more for a bigger down payment......use tape and gum to keep your current rig going till them...if this is too hard or breaking your bank/will - the bronco is not for you......IMHO.....if you love the bronco you’ll wait, deadly build or not.
I have a 7/18 res, BL, 2.7/10sp,Squatch,MIC too, High, Tow - let it take longer, don’t give a f#%¥ or Sh#€....., May I’ll get some idea of when and I’ll stick it out, dedicated....

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BD - I'm good
4dr - still good
Mid pkg - Ehhh
SAS - Crud
BD 👍🏼
Non-Sas 👍🏼
4dr 👍🏼
MIC 👍🏼
MT 👍🏼
2.3L 👍🏼
Wish I could get Mid package with MT, but Ford doesn’t want my $, so 👍🏼
9/20 res date 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
= late MY21? Maybe, but probably not? Any thoughts from others on my situation? I’m hoping by Nov or I’ll be short a vehicle in my household.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD 👍🏼
Non-Sas 👍🏼
4dr 👍🏼
MIC 👍🏼
MT 👍🏼
2.3L 👍🏼
Wish I could get Mid package with MT, but Ford doesn’t want my $, so 👍🏼
9/20 res date 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
= late MY21? Maybe, but probably not? Any thoughts from others on my situation? I’m hoping by Nov or I’ll be short a vehicle in my household.
First it depends where you are in your dealer's allocation list. If you switched to the soft top instead of the MIC and are inside the dealers 2021 allocation it might be earlier than you think.
Sponsored