Sponsored

Which Off-Rodeo is Best?

What Off-Rodeo Location is Best in March?

• Total voters

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m trying to figure out what Off-Rodeo to go to at the end of March. I have to fly there from Michigan regardless since New Hampshire is closed until later in the summer.

Everyone always says that they have a great time when they get back. What I’m trying to figure out is which one is the best and why?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m trying to figure out what Off-Rodeo to go to at the end of March. I have to fly there from Michigan regardless since New Hampshire is closed until later in the summer.

Everyone always says that they have a great time when they get back. What I’m trying to figure out is which one is the best and why?

Thanks for your help!
I went to the Austin one and it was great. Don't know about the others. Austin area is cool though so you might have a good time in the area.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, what other cool outdoors or otherwise stuff is there to do in the local area?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks for your help!
Texas! Definitely Texas! :cool: ;) I would like to go to all 4. I think each one has something unique to offer! The Texas site has been going all winter for the most part. The days are limited to like weekends only though. I just received an email a couple days ago about a Sunday event. There is so much to do around the Marble Falls area (which is near Off-Roadeo) you could spend a couple weeks there alone. Check this out for a cool place to stay. https://g.page/log-country-cove-burnet?share

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you can go wrong, they're all good based on multiple reviews here on B6G. If you have to travel a fair distance (which it seems you do), why not select a location that has something interesting for you to do besides Off-Rodeo and spend a day to sightsee for all the trouble? For instance, if you haven't been to Vegas, the Nevada Off-Rodeo is only about a 40 minute drive from the famed Las Vegas Strip . . . you can rent a car at the airport (near the Strip), stay at a hotel in the Strip area and drive to Off-Roadeo early in the morning on your selected day, then you can have a blast on the Strip that evening before flying home the following day. That's what I did, great fun and Nevada Off-Rodeo was fantastic.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I‘ve only been to the one in Vegas. I had a great time, but I have no idea how it compares to the others. I will say this though, my offroadeo guide told me that the trails they use at the Moab off roadeo are all public trails, so you can go drive your own bronco on those trails whenever you want.

A trip to Moab is definitely in my bronco’s future…if I ever actually get it.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, so the myth of Moab might actually live up to the legend?
Moab seems to be the only one that uses 100% natural trails, vs purpose-built man-made one’s. I’m driving out, and hoping to get a guide to take me out the day after I attend the Off-roadeo, since I’m a complete newb and would be by myself, which is a bad idea to go completely alone anyway.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are interested in off roading and have not been to Moab then it’s a no brainer. But like someone else mentioned you should also plan on doing some other things on your trip. Arches national park in Moab, Vegas strip if you are in to that(I rather shut my hand in a car door) or explore Austin. I think you will have a blast no matter what you do.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Moab had great staff, terrain and some of the most picturesque scenery this great country has to offer. It is also an outdoor wonderland in terms of activity. Mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, you name it.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘ve only been to the one in Vegas. I had a great time, but I have no idea how it compares to the others. I will say this though, my offroadeo guide told me that the trails they use at the Moab off roadeo are all public trails, so you can go drive your own bronco on those trails whenever you want.

A trip to Moab is definitely in my bronco’s future…if I ever actually get it.
Yes the Moab off Rodeo is the only one on public land. Having done that one I can say it is a lot of fun and you definitely cover some miles. The drive out to the trail head is about 15 min or so on a paved road so you can get a sense the Bronco’s on road manners. Rides pretty well with a fair amount of road and wind noise at 60+mph from 35’s and soft top. Our Bronco for the day was a 4door Badsquatch.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moab seems to be the only one that uses 100% natural trails, vs purpose-built man-made one’s. I’m driving out, and hoping to get a guide to take me out the day after I attend the Off-roadeo, since I’m a complete newb and would be by myself, which is a bad idea to go completely alone anyway.
Nevada Off-Rodeo uses plenty of "all natural" trails. When I was there we went down canyons with dry river beds and some washes cut from flash floods, areas that were naturally strewn with basketball size boulders (and some larger) for rock crawling, TOTALLY off road. Here is a photo I took while there, as we were descending into one of the canyons, not a man made trail at all. But yes, there were purpose built man made trails too, which was nice for using the Baja mode. I think Nevada offers a ton of varied terrain to try out, from deep sandy washes, to rock strewn landscape, to open/gravely roads . . . this allows for testing the Bronco in different circumstances.

20211031_151804.jpg

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You put hook em as the poll and as an Aggie I can’t pull myself to click the button, but I really enjoyed my time at the Texas Off-Roadeo. I would recommend it.
Sorry. I lived in Texas for five years, but I don’t have any personal connections to any of the schools so I forgot about all that. I’ve been to Austin before. Not sure if I want to go back because it was fun or to explore someplace new. It seems like the small lake and the caves at the Bronco affiliated resort might be worth exploring.
Sponsored