Sponsored

Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks?

Which trim is the mall crawler?

• Total voters

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what is everybody’s consensus for the mall crawler?

I think the Outer Banks makes the most sense since it has available mid, high and lux packages +Sasquatch if you really want to show off.

Also in the Canadian website they have Outer Banks listed as a higher trim than the Badlands, I don’t know if they are purposefully trying to position it that way.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t look it up, but anything with “Diamond” in it comes with a lipstick applier instead of a cig lighter

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t look it up, but anything with “Diamond” in it comes with a lipstick applier instead of a cig lighter

Not into winter sports, eh?

I'd say the one with rubber floors and steel wheels is about as far from a mall crawler as you're going to get.

Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll probably never take mine off road. I think my F150 has been on wet grass many once or twice. I'm getting the Outer Banks with all the trimmings. I don't go to many malls tho...
;)

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not into winter sports, eh?

I'd say the one with rubber floors and steel wheels is about as far from a mall crawler as you're going to get.
My wife’s Sorrento has Rubber Floors. Great for cleaning up Starbucks mishaps

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll probably never take mine off road. I think my F150 has been on wet grass many once or twice. I'm getting the Outer Banks with all the trimmings. I don't go to many malls tho...
;)
I'm in the same boat. I want some ground clearance to "conquer" midwest snow but would rather drink bleach than drive a unibody crossover. The basic 4x4 stuff looks very capable to the Ranger (good enough) and having heated seats is pretty nice, so I reserved the Outer Banks trim.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the lineup is like this ?? In Jp terms

Base = Base (Sport Wrangler)
Big Bend = Sport S
Black Diamond =Sport S with upgrades
Outer Banks = Sahara
Bad Lands = Rubicon
Wild Trak = Mojave
Launch Edition = overpriced Jp

Right?

I reserved the Badlands - but if I think about it - not sure I want a rubicon type. I am thinking maybe an Outbanks and would like to option to go to 35's if I change my mind in a few years. 33" on the Badlands stock may be perfect for me - but have no need fo the steel bash plates and all of the offroad stuff. I think I may even do a Big Bend with Sasquatch - so many options...

My primary use is to have a utility type vehicle like this - roof rack is a must - so that means hardtop I guess. 33" tires min., but if 32" or small looks good I will be happy with that. LIke a Gwagen with small tires - still looks offroad and is capable but does not have to flaunt shiny (meaning unused) 35" inch tires. Nothing gets under my skin more than seeing a Jp with huge shiny tires, shiny winch and lights - mall crawler.

Sponsored

CrazyHorse

Badlands
First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha R1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black diamond is used to represent the advanced and highly-technical slopes for skiing and mountain biking. "Black diamond equipment" company manufactures some of the most respected rock climbing equipment in the US for the last 60+ years. Those who know, know.

OP
OP

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is how I have it organized in my head. Left side is for "Creature Comforts". Right side is offroad
Ford Bronco Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks? image
This is a great way to show the difference. The lux or at least high package is a must for me, so it is outer banks or badlands. I really wanted rubberized floors with drains to clean snow muck, plus the molly webbing. Don’t know if I can swing for the Badlands though.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a great way to show the difference. The lux or at least high package is a must for me, so it is outer banks or badlands. I really wanted rubberized floors with drains to clean snow muck, plus the molly webbing. Don’t know if I can swing for the Badlands though.
Is it possible to get heated seats in the badlands?