Sponsored

Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks?

Which trim is the mall crawler?

• Total voters

Chizam

First Name
Ogbonnaya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hilux sr5 (4*4) 2006
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in the same boat. I want some ground clearance to "conquer" midwest snow but would rather drink bleach than drive a unibody crossover. The basic 4x4 stuff looks very capable to the Ranger (good enough) and having heated seats is pretty nice, so I reserved the Outer Banks trim.

Please would the On-road driving dynamics of both the outer bank and badlands be similar ?
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything is a mall crawler if you believe... Or never take your vehicle offroading.

This will be my daily driver so probably 90% creating my own parking spots on post and getting ticketed by the MPs mall crawler, 10% off roader.

Sponsored

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on your mall crawler criteria. Fewest Goat modes? Base. No manual trans? OBX, WT, FE. No Marine grade vinyl? No Stabilizer Bar disconnect? No Drain plugs? They can all be tricked up to either push sand, or climb rocks, or run mud, combinations, etc.. But why the question?

Derek47

Wildtrak
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of them are mall crawlers.

Sorry to say but that’s how Ford is able to come out with a new Bronco... Enthusiasts aren’t enough to fund such a project.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base with steelies and the daughter has ordered an Outer Banks. She makes good money and can order what she wants. I told her to order the 4.27 eLocker just in case. Else it comes with the standard 3.73... which I would think shouldn't go over 32s.

However I think in her mind OBX+lux=grown up Barbie 4wd (she had one as a kid).

To me... that is what Outer Banks is. Or maybe if you like the term its like a BMW X5 only cooler.
Sponsored