Sponsored

Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks?

Which trim is the mall crawler?

• Total voters

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I no longer doubt my decision to get Black Diamond

Gonna give it a bit of a Gambling theme too now
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great way to show the difference. The lux or at least high package is a must for me, so it is outer banks or badlands. I really wanted rubberized floors with drains to clean snow muck, plus the molly webbing. Don’t know if I can swing for the Badlands though.
You’ll need to decipher the pricing. The Outer Banks comes with an AT whereas w/Badlands it’s optional (I suspect $2k cost). Badlands comes w/33” tires which are the min acceptable for me, and it takes the Sasquatch Package to get bigger tires ( I suspect $5k as it involves Wheel/axle/suspension upgrades in addition). She’ll see when all options can be chosen and priced, the beauty of a special order

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the idea of Badsquatch but I really don't think that's the best car for someone living in LA... Might have to keep FE or go the mall crawler route...
Another good reason for having the vinyl seats and flooring is the easy cleanup if you have a big dog passenger that sheds, such as a Lab, Golden Retriever, or Shepherd

schase

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Another good reason for having the vinyl seats and flooring is the easy cleanup if you have a big dog passenger that sheds, such as a Lab, Golden Retriever, or Shepherd
Yeah, between the sand and my lab the Vinyl makes the most sense. Just need to get past how visually amazing that tan brown leather on black looks...

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is how I have it organized in my head. Left side is for "Creature Comforts". Right side is offroad
1594740406666532700978345774455.jpg
Except that a manual with the CRAWL gear is not available with the Outer Banks - so no Mall Crawl :cool:

Last edited:

Speedknitter

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL350, Volvo V70R, Ford F450, Unimog
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or slobbers, as does my English Mastiff
Ford Bronco Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks? 822C3CD1-B1C4-4C7C-828C-E1B6EB2E50CB

Cyclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro, Victory Hammer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want painted flares, mirrors or door handles. I do want the LED lighting upgrade. Rubber floor is ripening me on too.
And I like some of the creature comforts on the MallSquatch.

Can't decide till I sit with dealer.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it ain't got mud an trail scratches, it's a mall crawler.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which ever one you buy and do not take off road.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’ll need to decipher the pricing. The Outer Banks comes with an AT whereas w/Badlands it’s optional (I suspect $2k cost). Badlands comes w/33” tires which are the min acceptable for me, and it takes the Sasquatch Package to get bigger tires ( I suspect $5k as it involves Wheel/axle/suspension upgrades in addition). She’ll see when all options can be chosen and priced, the beauty of a special order
There's a lot of speculation that the Squatch package will be substantially cheaper for the Badlands because it is only missing the tire/wheel set up of the Squatch's. The lockers, axles etc are already there.
I suspect a Black diamond + Squatch (Black Squatch?) will price out just below a Badlands "base".
1000/1500 maybe.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what is everybody’s consensus for the mall crawler?

I think the Outer Banks makes the most sense since it has available mid, high and lux packages +Sasquatch if you really want to show off.

Also in the Canadian website they have Outer Banks listed as a higher trim than the Badlands, I don’t know if they are purposefully trying to position it that way.
I know the Outerbanks is a very popular model, but to me it makes no sense. I’d get rid of it. They should make the Bronco Sport look more like the Bronco and make that the whole mall crawl daily driver series That you can take your family camping in.

Last edited:

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a lot of speculation that the Squatch package will be substantially cheaper for the Badlands because it is only missing the tire/wheel set up of the Squatch's. The lockers, axles etc are already there.
I suspect a Black diamond + Squatch (Black Squatch?) will price out just below a Badlands "base".
1000/1500 maybe.
Now that survey pricing examples are out, I priced out an OBX, BDL, & Wildtrack and came out with $52,000 (w(sasqtch), $54,000 (no Sasqtch upgrade) & $55,000 respectively and High Pckg on all, pretty close to my initial expectations. I will need to add leather trim, hardtop insulation, & power seat options to finalize my estimate
Sponsored