Sponsored

Which parts to get aftermarket vs factory?

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm wondering what items you would buy aftermarket and what you would stick with Ford (from a warranty saving point)?

The lift and lockers I'm sticking with Ford, Squatch package or options if available.

But things like armour, bumpers, winch etc I see no reason not to go aftermarket, they wouldn't affect the warranty surely?

Ash
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bumpers, winch and some if not all of the armor will be aftermarket, even if licensed to Ford. Know already that Warn is the winch supplier or the big one. They may offer a SmittyBuilt for a bargain option, but I'm sticking with Warn Zeon.

Rock sliders will depend. The factory ones as advertised thus far claim to support most of the weight of the vehicle. I want each to be strong enough to support the SUV, so I'll likely keep the standards for a couple of years while Bronco only does light to moderate duty, then switch to a more serious off road fabrication like from CBI or something like that.

Wheels are up to the buyer. I'm going standard wheels for Sasquatch first, and later on if I decide to go up to 37", may just upgrade the wheels too. This will also be when I jack suspension to 4" and likely upgrade suspension to ICON, SkyJacker, etc.

Whew!! I'm getting a little hot n bothered and need to go splash some cold water thinkin bout all these new toys and possibilities. :giggle:

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it can come from the factory with a snorkel. I saw that a roof rack and a possible roof tent are options. I hope the roof rack can come on/off easily. I don't want to have it on unless I am going camping / multi-day off-roading. I am going to wait on the holey doors, see if aftermarket makes a better version. The possibilities are endless, loving the hype.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not seeing the list, it's a little hard to be sure. The only thing I can think of is a spare tire cover and I might as well get it from Ford. Anything like lights would probably be universal so probably Rigid Radiance cubes.

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything with drive train/mechanically moving parts I'm getting from the factory until I see how it performs off-road. Bumpers, tires, wheels etc will be aftermarket. I don't want to pay interest on a few thousand dollars for things I can get replaced on my own. Badlands w/ 33 M/T's, manual transmission, hard top and calling it a day with Ford! I really like that Warn bumper/winch combo and some lights. I'll have to figure out an enclosed roof case as well so if I have to add the extreme roof rack or however it was worded on the Bronco Sport I will. It gives the cross sections for the roof rack. Not going with a rooftop tent so I'll just need something to keep the dry stuff dry and everything else will go in the back!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've always struggled with this myself.. when you buy a car they have a laundry list of "add ons" they try and sell you. I've always just flat said no across the board because I basically never trusted them, or the BS they were serving up. Everything from undercoats to extended warranties... no way no how...

But now I wonder... maybe the dealer does offer up decent prices for things.... the problem is I like to do my homework and being cornered in the finance office after fighting with the sales douche for 3 hours is not the time or place to know if you are getting ripped off.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I can think of is a spare tire cover and I might as well get it from Ford.
Might be a little problematic with the rear camera placement, but I imagine someone will come up with something even if Ford doesn't offer one.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Which parts to get aftermarket vs factory? DJI_0141_C4
Ford Bronco Which parts to get aftermarket vs factory? DJI_0141_C4

Here are some of the After Market accessories that might be available based on these pictures straight from the Ford Website.

- https://www.rigidindustries.com/adapt-adapt.html (40 Inch ~ $2419.99 )

- https://arbusa.com/recovery/arb-jack/ ( Worlds most expensive jack ~ $833 )
Would anyone ever pay that much for that light? I get that it’s adaptive and all but I mean for $100 at agrisupply I can have an 40” LED light and manually flip it on and off.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Upgraded stereo? Need to see pricing for B&O...

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see no issue getting lockers or gears aftermarket.
W/ the 7 speed you get 4.46 gears, if I want to move up to 35s or 37s I would be better served to get something steeper than 4.70 of the sas. Possible 4.9X or 5.13; add a rear e-locker for a couple hundred while it’s apart(Honestly for 90% of off-roaders in my area the front locker isn’t worth the extra cost). Have a 5 year warranty unlimited mile through the installer.

Depending on Sas pricing it honestly may make the most sense.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see no issue getting lockers or gears aftermarket.
You will if they don't make them.

The GMT700 ZR2 has been out for years and Eaton is still the only manufacturer for the AAM200/220. And even Eaton won't sell you direct, you have to get them through GM or a GM licensed supplier.

OEMs have increasingly started trying to capture certain parts of the aftermarket directly, hence the general demise of the car stereo with the rise of the "infotainment" screens.

I think the aftermarket will be robust, but not quite Jeep level of robust, given the ridiculous amount of time that the largest aftermarket in the world has existed unchallenged.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will if they don't make them.

The GMT700 ZR2 has been out for years and Eaton is still the only manufacturer for the AAM200/220. And even Eaton won't sell you direct, you have to get them through GM or a GM licensed supplier.

OEMs have increasingly started trying to capture certain parts of the aftermarket directly, hence the general demise of the car stereo with the rise of the "infotainment" screens.

I think the aftermarket will be robust, but not quite Jeep level of robust, given the ridiculous amount of time that the largest aftermarket in the world has existed unchallenged.
The Bronco will be much bigger than the ZR2, the aftermarket will make a huge effort to fill all the holes, very fast.
Sponsored