NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love to have a usa only truck but i understand that manufacturing in us expensive compared to overseas take those little cube rigid lights they are great but really spendy,look around and you can find a copy on ebay for way less if your not a desert race its fine. I understand why its done overseas but that dosent make it any easier to take.
Manual 2.3 for me drive it like i stole it and hope ford warranty is solid.
Japan can build a 100% Japanese built 4Runner so I have a hard time believing America with significantly more resources is incapable of building a all USA vehicle. And manufacturing in Japan isn’t cheap.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the japanese aren't quite as bound to the latest quarters profits as over here.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I have American made New Balance, my socks are made local and my underwear come Hand made from cityboxers.com based in Maine.

I strongly hope the 7 speed is made elsewhere, but indication after indication is pointing to China. I will gladly buy it if that is not the case.
so you’ve only made it waist high on your American made consumables. I would guess you own way more Chinese made items or parts well in excess of the value of a China made transmission. Your point is that if you don’t know where it’s made it’s ok but if you’re certain it’s made in China you won’t buy it? Ignorance is bliss ?I get buying American and I do if its something I want or need, not just because its made here.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of Fords runs SBCs. Kinda hard to knock something that works.
Yeah I know people do it, but I still think it's wrong. I wouldn't put a Ford engine in a GM either... to be honest, I'm not sure why I have no problem gutting Chryslers. :ROFLMAO: To each their own!

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I know people do it, but I still think it's wrong. I wouldn't put a Ford engine in a GM either... to be honest, I'm not sure why I have no problem gutting Chryslers. :ROFLMAO: To each their own!
Hemis are decent they’re just heavy. If I had to swap anything into a bronco or Jeep a 6.2 LS would be my choice.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
so you’ve only made it waist high on your American made consumables. I would guess you own way more Chinese made items or parts well in excess of the value of a China made transmission. Your point is that if you don’t know where it’s made it’s ok but if you’re certain it’s made in China you won’t buy it? Ignorance is bliss ?I get buying American and I do if its something I want or need, not just because its made here.
Where the hell did you read that from?

Do I need to take you step by step in my clothing? My Jeans were made in North Carolina, my shirts in Texas with Georgia Cotton, I have some clothes made by North Carolinians in North Carolina that design for Brooks Brothers stores.

I check where my stuff is made, Vietnam, Taiwan, Mexico, any where is better than China. I have to imagine it’s a very rare circumstance when I can’t figure out where something is made. I know where to find locally made brooms, I have a complete bedroom set made in North Carolina, I have appliances out of Wisconsin. I’m sorry if you have guilt on this but I pay a lot of attention to my purchases.

Im not touching a Chinese transmission that is a bridge too far.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you have a turbo you have more than just the turbo itself to contend with, you have the additional piping, intercooler, electronics, added risk of heat soak etc. Regardless I don’t see why these engines are not designed to run on a N/A setup of a turbo fails rather than completely killing the engine. From the stand point of off-roading reliability is king, even if something fails in most cases it can be limped off the trail.

Minimal points of failure is the golden egg which is why a N/A engine should be offered whether it’s a V6 or V8 either would have been a relief. I personally think a V6 is a dead end engine, I6 and V8s being much cleaner and desirable designs; none the less any N/A option would be appreciated.
How exactly does the engine control software detect a turbo has "failed"? What sensor would that be? Are you approaching this subject from an educated perspective?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How exactly does the engine control software detect a turbo has "failed"? What sensor would that be? Are you approaching this subject from an educated perspective?
You tell me, my 2.7L F150 WT decided to leave me on the side of the road 1,000 miles from home after the turbo failed.

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2.3 turbo 5 spd manual was great. I ended up porting, polishing, balancing, blueprinting, adding a bigger water cooled turbo.

That was 1983 though. Turbo T-bird. Still have it.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not concerned with the chinese manual. I had an MT82( 3rd gen?) in my 2018 mustang gt for 2 years before i sold
It to fund my bronco downpayment. The only mod I did was replace the clutch pedal spring and perch with Steeda parts for a better feel for the clutch engagement point.
Sponsored