NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Geez, maybe I should tell that to my 2014 Focus ST with 240,000kms, it's direct injected too and have never noticed an "issue"?
Your welcome to do just that, might want to go onto the Ranger/Mustang people and tell everyone there they are full of bologna.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe in America, there’s so many vehicles with American or 1st world built engine/trans that it would be spiteful to purposely buy from China.
I’m not going to take the time to inventory what parts of all the items I own are made in China. So many cars have Chinese parts on them, some Japanese cars more American made than American cars, etc. I wouldn’t call in spiteful If I buy a manual Bronco over the auto Bronco.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not going to take the time to inventory what parts of all the items I own are made in China. So many cars have Chinese parts on them, some Japanese cars more American made than American cars, etc. I wouldn’t call in spiteful If I buy a manual Bronco over the auto Bronco.
You don’t need to inventory parts, but buying a major component from a communist regime that uses slave labor to build the parts it sells isn’t worth having the manual.

I’m hopeful that the manual is made elsewhere in America, Mexico, Canada, UK etc but I’m not going to taint my conscience by knowingly supporting China if that’s where it is sourced from.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a gen 1 fwiw, my understanding is that they still use plastic for the oil pan which is ridiculous.

I don’t believe turbo failures are common but the fact that the turbo failing can stop the engine dead in its tracks is alarming.

Carbon build up is due to poorly designed engines, my 2017 car has no such issue or history.

Look in transmission forum, evidence is showing the manual being designed in Germany and produced in China - I HOPE I am wrong because the 7 speed is my first choice otherwise.

I’ve shortly driven the newer 3.5TT with the 10 speed and thought it was fine, a lot of money between GM and Ford both went into it, worst case scenario it needs tuning. I also have a couple friends with the 10 speed and I’ve never heard an issue from them.

Im not sure why anyone would prefer a turbo, my 2.7L Ford was replaced with a 5.3L Silverado which gets 3-4 MPG HWY better than the 2.7L. I prefer not to have a Rube Goldberg device powering my vehicle, the less parts to go wrong the better.
A turbo by itself actually has way less moving parts than an internal combustion 8 cylinder engine . Turbo failure usually comes from poor castings etc in the manufacturing process. Same can happen to any of the hundreds of moving parts in a V8. The tolerance for manufacturing defects is lower (due to the roughly 20-30,000 rpm), but reliability of a well made turbo is very good. Remember the Toyota turbo 4’s.... one of the best made motors of all time. When turbos do fail is when they are modified beyond their designed tolerances.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im all for buying usa but its funny that you couldnt pull an iphone or any phone out of someones hand that sucker was made in china too yet every member of the family has one glued to them ?

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
A turbo by itself actually has way less moving parts than an internal combustion 8 cylinder engine . Turbo failure usually comes from poor castings etc in the manufacturing process. Same can happen to any of the hundreds of moving parts in a V8. The tolerance for manufacturing defects is lower (due to the roughly 20-30,000 rpm), but reliability of a well made turbo is very good. Remember the Toyota turbo 4’s.... one of the best made motors of all time. When turbos do fail is when they are modified beyond their designed tolerances.
When you have a turbo you have more than just the turbo itself to contend with, you have the additional piping, intercooler, electronics, added risk of heat soak etc. Regardless I don’t see why these engines are not designed to run on a N/A setup of a turbo fails rather than completely killing the engine. From the stand point of off-roading reliability is king, even if something fails in most cases it can be limped off the trail.

Minimal points of failure is the golden egg which is why a N/A engine should be offered whether it’s a V6 or V8 either would have been a relief. I personally think a V6 is a dead end engine, I6 and V8s being much cleaner and desirable designs; none the less any N/A option would be appreciated.

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im all for buying usa but its funny that you couldnt pull an iphone or any phone out of someones hand that sucker was made in china too yet every member of the family has one glued to them ?
Apple is moving non-Chinese market production out of China to iirc Vietnam.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Parts are made all over but battery still china
*By Children

The supply lines aren’t completely corrected but the world was caught with their pants down so I’m sure in due time those batteries will be coming out of South America. It goes without saying huge strides have been made over the past few years by countries around the world to distance themselves from China, but the road isn’t clear yet. The positive is that China is no longer assembling them which is a huge step in the right direction.

Either buy a phone made in SK or hold on to your old phone longer.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your welcome to do just that, might want to go onto the Ranger/Mustang people and tell everyone there they are full of bologna.
Ok, they are full of bologna! (I hope they can hear me?)

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re ignoring the actual issue of buying from China, buying from them is supporting a regime with mass concentration camps using slave labor to produce items for the rest of the world. You’re supporting a country that ‘disappears’ people that speak against the official narrative, supporting a country that is using the profits they make to extend their pro-communism ideals to the rest of the world.

I’m sure if you whip a 10 year old child, deny them food, and threaten to kill their whole family if they don’t make your sneakers perfectly - they will produce a decent product given the right material.

In my 20s and college educated fwiw.
I try to buy everything American that I can. I just hope as you are typing this you are not wearing Nike shoes, using an iPhone, and there better not be any socks on your feet other than darn tough, people socks, wrangler, or a very few others that are American made. (BTW I am Chippewa and Thorogood boots all the way with peoples socks to match because American is best)
With all that said I need absolute proof that the MT88 is made in China because there is a source saying England also on here.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That transmission cant be the only part built in china on the whole bronco,if that bothers people dont buy one its simple . Im more bothered that they eat dogs.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I try to buy everything American that I can. I just hope as you are typing this you are not wearing Nike shoes, using an iPhone, and there better not be any socks on your feet other than darn tough, people socks, wrangler, or a very few others that are American made. (BTW I am Chippewa and Thorogood boots all the way with peoples socks to match because American is best)
With all that said I need absolute proof that the MT88 is made in China because there is a source saying England also on here.
Actually I have American made New Balance, my socks are made local and my underwear come Hand made from cityboxers.com based in Maine.

I strongly hope the 7 speed is made elsewhere, but indication after indication is pointing to China. I will gladly buy it if that is not the case.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That transmission cant be the only part built in china on the whole bronco,if that bothers people dont buy one its simple . Im more bothered that they eat dogs.
I think people are Less concerned if the door switches are made in China and they get $1 profit vs a whole transmission where they are getting $100 profit. I can’t pick and choose every component but the one I can choose is damn sure going to live up to the minimum standards I’m setting.
Furthermore a transmission, engine, differential is a major component and is subject to scrutiny that the plastic fender retainers are not.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think people are Less concerned if the door switches are made in China and they get $1 profit vs a whole transmission where they are getting $100 profit. I can’t pick and choose every component but the one I can choose is damn sure going to live up to the minimum standards I’m setting.
Furthermore a transmission, engine, differential is a major component and is subject to scrutiny that the plastic fender retainers are not.
I would love to have a usa only truck but i understand that manufacturing in us expensive compared to overseas take those little cube rigid lights they are great but really spendy,look around and you can find a copy on ebay for way less if your not a desert race its fine. I understand why its done overseas but that dosent make it any easier to take.
Manual 2.3 for me drive it like i stole it and hope ford warranty is solid.
Sponsored