Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone heard these 2 in comparison?

The videos all sound the same in some regard. Some videos like the one from Lethal P on Corsa make the exhaust note sound a bit low, especially in car. Both seem to have a good sound for the 2.3 engine. I wanted Corsa originally due to potential preformance gain but after reading everyone's input, preformance is not a factor to bother considering. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have corsa with ford tune. I had the exhaust before tune and felt like it gained some performance. I’m really happy with both the tune and exhaust. I put the high clearance exhaust on. The factory muffler looking from the back of the bronco bothered me.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Magnaflow was my choice for my 2.3. Sounds great and ain't obnoxious like a Honda pee shooter.
Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L IMG_20230227_170105

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Magnaflow was my choice for my 2.3. Sounds great and ain't obnoxious like a Honda pee shooter.
Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L IMG_20230227_170105
Nice. Thanks for the suggestion. Love that rear bumper as well.
I have corsa with ford tune. I had the exhaust before tune and felt like it gained some performance. I’m really happy with both the tune and exhaust. I put the high clearance exhaust on. The factory muffler looking from the back of the bronco bothered me.
Thanks! I’m still considering it for sure. I have the tune as well but all I hear is engine haha. I’m hoping the exhaust helps which is why I want enough sound to hear it when I’m the car but not annoyingly so.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just do a muffler delete and straight pipe...sounds better and saves money to use for somethings far more important

Sponsored
OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just do a muffler delete and straight pipe...sounds better and saves money to use for somethings far more important
Doesnt that void state inspection/emissions? I have to get done annually in VA.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I cant speak for the state of Virginia, but I imagine as long as you have a catalytic converter you're fine.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Corsa because it was my favorite sound in videos, plus the available high clearance version. It does sound a lot deeper than I thought it would. I’m not 100% happy with it, but I’m not unhappy enough to swap it out. I get a little bit of drone with the hard top at 2300 RPM, so I need to drive slower, cruise in 5th, or turn up the tunes.

I had a Borla ATAK on my Coyote Mustang and was one of the most fun sounding exhausts. A chill, little burble under 3k RPM, and a swarm of angry NASCAR bees over 4500.

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Corsa because it was my favorite sound in videos, plus the available high clearance version. It does sound a lot deeper than I thought it would. I’m not 100% happy with it, but I’m not unhappy enough to swap it out. I get a little bit of drone with the hard top at 2300 RPM, so I need to drive slower, cruise in 5th, or turn up the tunes.

I had a Borla ATAK on my Coyote Mustang and was one of the most fun sounding exhausts. A chill, little burble under 3k RPM, and a swarm of angry NASCAR bees over 4500.
Thanks this is helpful. Always good to get real world experience vs videos. So aside from the slight drone, what makes you not happy about it? Would you go another route?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks this is helpful. Always good to get real world experience vs videos. So aside from the slight drone, what makes you not happy about it? Would you go another route?
Exhaust is hard. On top of having to base your purchase on video clips recorded with ??? microphones, and played back on ???? speakers, it’s also super subjective what sounds good!

I’d probably look at Borla Touring (still high clearance version) if I did it again, for more of a Stock+ sound. But then maybe I’d be saying it’s too quiet—which is why I’ll stick with what I got!

The Corsa is definitely a high quality assembly (I’m sure the Borlas are too), but it did benefit from some added sound deadening in my cargo and wheel well areas.

It sounds more “fun” than stock, but ultimately there’s only so much you can do with a 4 cylinder. Plus it got rid of the giant hunk of metal hanging below the rear bumper, which is definitely a win.

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the Corsa (high clearance). Wasn't expecting much out of a 4 banger but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice little "grumble" a little louder than stock but in a good way. I don't notice any drone running 70 in 6th gear at 2K RPM. Also extremely easy install.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was looking at Borla buy think I'm leaning towards Fast Intentions. Would love to hear them in person though

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The muffler delete sounds like crap imo. Just rip the muffler off in 10 mins and rip around the block and see for yourself. Borla atak for the win

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The muffler delete sounds like crap imo. Just rip the muffler off in 10 mins and rip around the block and see for yourself. Borla atak for the win

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock Ford muffler is way too quiet. I had the FlowMaster Fx for awhile, but it sounded less than ideal and was too low and got hit by rocks all the time. They also didn't hold up to the elements very well.
Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L V4Jq72i

Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L JJCg4l7

Next I went with a 12" resonator and that lasted about a week because it sounded horrible and droned all the time.
Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L esSVN3

I settled on a FlowMonster 30" dual chamber muffler. Sound is muffled compared to the Fx and the resonator, but much better than factory muffler. No drone ever and it dumps in front of the rear axle. Price was only $40 + a $12 band clamp.
Ford Bronco Which sounds better, Borla Atak vs Corsa for 2.3 L lKAm5mR
Sponsored