Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had both through many types of vehicles. I did the Borla high clearance, touring version. No muffler or exhaust to be seen.

The touring is a little more growl in the parking lot n low speed. Pedal down and it wakes up as much as a 2.7 can.

FYI, with the oem muffler gone the underneath cavity is a great spot for extra fuel tank, compressor, etc...

Update..... an Atak is loud if that's what you are looking for.
It will talk to you at idle and yell when you pull away from a stop light. IMO....
Sponsored

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The stock Ford muffler is way too quiet. I had the FlowMaster Fx for awhile, but it sounded less than ideal and was too low and got hit by rocks all the time. They also didn't hold up to the elements very well.
V4Jq72i.jpg

JJCg4l7.jpg

Next I went with a 12" resonator and that lasted about a week because it sounded horrible and droned all the time.
esSVN3j.jpg

I settled on a FlowMonster 30" dual chamber muffler. Sound is muffled compared to the Fx and the resonator, but much better than factory muffler. No drone ever and it dumps in front of the rear axle. Price was only $40 + a $12 band clamp.
lKAm5mR.jpg
That’s wild. Not even 3 years and those others failed. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had both through many types of vehicles. I did the Borla high clearance, touring version. No muffler or exhaust to be seen.

The touring is a little more growl in the parking lot n low speed. Pedal down and it wakes up as much as a 2.7 can.

FYI, with the oem muffler gone the underneath cavity is a great spot for extra fuel tank, compressor, etc...

Update..... an Atak is loud if that's what you are looking for.
It will talk to you at idle and yell when you pull away from a stop light. IMO....
Sounds like the happy medium might be the S-Type. But I have a 2.3 and its just hard to believe that it can really scream in comparison to the 2.7. Anything with dual tip seems to have the can in the back. I wonder how much sound is 1 vs 2 tips in comparison. Say Corsa vs high clearance Borla.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like the happy medium might be the S-Type. But I have a 2.3 and its just hard to believe that it can really scream in comparison to the 2.7. Anything with dual tip seems to have the can in the back. I wonder how much sound is 1 vs 2 tips in comparison. Say Corsa vs high clearance Borla.
Yeah, either way the mufflers are smaller. I can't say if dual tips are any louder, the exhaust volume is the same. No HP gain from dual vs single tip.

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, either way the mufflers are smaller. I can't say if dual tips are any louder, the exhaust volume is the same. No HP gain from dual vs single tip.
Thanks, this is what I was thinking too haha. At least some weight reduction from the stock exhaust if going single route. Something to consider for sure.

Really appreciate the feedback from everyone.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I personally haven't driven a 2.3L Bronco with the Borla exhaust but from all the videos I've watched on them it sounds really good. With that said my vote is with Corsa. I ran the turndown, single tip and dual tip versions on our 2.7L First Edition and it's my favorite sounding exhaust out of the 12-13 systems we've tested so far.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. We offer loyalty pricing on all Corsa products so we'd be happy to save you a few bucks on the purchase.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the Corsa on my 2.3 with Ford performance tune, just didn’t do it for me..I now have the Roush axle back and could not be happier, perfect sound without drone, sounds great at wot!!

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally haven't driven a 2.3L Bronco with the Borla exhaust but from all the videos I've watched on them it sounds really good. With that said my vote is with Corsa. I ran the turndown, single tip and dual tip versions on our 2.7L First Edition and it's my favorite sounding exhaust out of the 12-13 systems we've tested so far.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. We offer loyalty pricing on all Corsa products so we'd be happy to save you a few bucks on the purchase.

Thanks. I was watching your videos and what worries me most is that Corsa sounds good on startup but the tone seems to get lost/unnoticeable in actual driving videos. Something about the Borla exhaust that I also dont like much in the sound clips. Doesnt seem as refined but does seem louder. I was leaning to a turn down single Borla S Type or the high climb Corsa. Just hard to go off vidoes and find with 2.3 engine.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks. I was watching your videos and what worries me most is that Corsa sounds good on startup but the tone seems to get lost/unnoticeable in actual driving videos. Something about the Borla exhaust that I also dont like much in the sound clips. Doesnt seem as refined but does seem louder. I was leaning to a turn down single Borla S Type or the high climb Corsa. Just hard to go off vidoes and find with 2.3 engine.
Glad you've been using some of our content to help make your decision. The Corsa system has a great cold startup tone. It definitely mellows a bit once warmed up but that's completely normal as cold starts are usually at a higher rpm then when the vehicle has been warmed up at idle.

When you get into it the Corsa system has an awesome tone to it as well. They have such great anti-drone technology that it makes driving enjoyable. You still hear the awesome sound it provides while cruising but without any rasp or drone. When you lay into it though you'll get that full Corsa sound which makes it such a great option for many. I think out of all the reviews I read Corsa always seems to have the best feedback. AWE is also another favorite of mine. Similar sound characteristics as the Corsa but with a slight change in tone.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the Corsa on my 2.3 with Ford performance tune, just didn’t do it for me..I now have the Roush axle back and could not be happier, perfect sound without drone, sounds great at wot!!
What was it about it that didn’t do for you? It’s probably what I’m hearing in the sound bites but just can’t put the write words to it.

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my experience what makes Corda great for all their exhaust systems is that they sound great outside and you don't hear inside unless you want to. I have them on my Hemi and G8. Outside loud as Hell with great tone, inside sounds stock. I can't hear on the Ram unless I open back window. Once opening back window you hear great sound.

Now for some that might not be what you are looking for. But foe me with wife and family not into the sound best of both worlds. Their G8 system is pretty much best system sound for 1st LS with the AFM cylinder disabling which caused most systems to drone like crazy in 4 cylinder mode.

Generally Borla is louder inside and still can slightly drone but usually sounds great outside as well.

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my experience what makes Corda great for all their exhaust systems is that they sound great outside and you don't hear inside unless you want to. I have them on my Hemi and G8. Outside loud as Hell with great tone, inside sounds stock. I can't hear on the Ram unless I open back window. Once opening back window you hear great sound.

Now for some that might not be what you are looking for. But foe me with wife and family not into the sound best of both worlds. Their G8 system is pretty much best system sound for 1st LS with the AFM cylinder disabling which caused most systems to drone like crazy in 4 cylinder mode.

Generally Borla is louder inside and still can slightly drone but usually sounds great outside as well.
Thanks. This makes sense. I am just not a fan of hearing all engine, especially the 2.3 engine haha. Just want to make sure which ever exhaust I get, itps something I can enjoy and not change. I got it narrowed down to the CORSA or the Borla S Type, both single tip turn down.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you have drone with the Corsa?

OP
OP
JPBronco23

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I ended up going with the CORSA turndown exhaust. Pretty disappointing for what I was looking for. Install was quick and the quality is nice. However, I wanted more sound and this just wasnt the right choice for me personally.

There is a deeper tone to the exhaust and its sound is more noticeable on the exterior, but not much more than factory inside. Not sure what I was expecting from the 2.3L, but when watching videos vs in person, I was just hoping there was more to enjoy. The engine noise still overpowers the exhaust note while inside the cabin. No drone and when you get on it, its more pronounced but again, not so much inside. The sound gets lost competing with the engine noise at higher RPMs, at least in the cabin with a soft top. It could be the turndown is just quieter than the dual tip, but wish I could hear the Borla Stype in person. Anyways, hopes this helps someone. Its not bad by any means, just not what I was looking for.

Last edited:

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I ended up going with the CORSA turndown exhaust. Pretty disappointing for what I was looking for. Install was quick and the quality is nice. However, I wanted more sound and this just wasnt the right choice.

There is a deeper tone to the exhaust and its sound is more noticeable, but not much more than factory. Not sure what I was expecting from the 2.3L, but when watching videos vs in person, it is not anything like the videos where you notice that much more over factory. The engine noise still overpowers the exhaust note. No drone and when you get on it, its more pronounced but not by much. The sound gets lost competing with the engine noise at higher RPMs, at least in the cabin with a soft top. It could be the turndown is just quieter than the dual tip, but wish I could hear the Borla Stype in person. Anyways, hopes this helps someone.
sometimes exhaust take a couple of hundred miles to break in and the tone will get louder
Sponsored